EgyptAir Flight MS804

Based on television reports, they've pretty much pinpointed the area where contact with the a/c was lost.  Needless to say that area of the world is rich with radar facilities since everyone is spying on everyone else.  I heard one report this morning that said the plane was at 35,000 feet or so when contact was lost.  If the plane fell from that altitude, I imagine the debris is scattered over a fairly wide area.

Anyone know the approximate depth of the Mediterranean in that area?

Just reported that debris spotted in the water about 10 miles south of the Greek island of Karpathos.  Report also said that Greek military radar shows plane possibly spinning in the air right before it disappeared.

Since I'm having trouble putting up the link, NBC and MSN are reporting that there was smoke coming from the bathroom closest to the cockpit. Intel says there WAS an explosion.

My guess is an underwear bomber.

Flight 804: Egypt fails to pull data from damaged recorders

Egyptian investigators have failed to extract any information from the badly-damaged memory chips of the crucial black boxes.

Defeated, Egypt is now sending both the cockpit voice recorder and the flight data recorder to the BEA in France in an effort to help download the data.

The BEA -- the French version of the NTSB -- are considered some the best in the world at analyzing this type of equipment.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/23/world/egyptair-data-chip-damage/index.html

Latest posts