Employee Bus Rant

USCREW

Veteran
Sometimes, starting and ending a trip on the employee bus requires great patience.

DCA:

1. The driver closed the door with my left leg stuck in mid-step. I screamed for at least five seconds before he put his newspaper down.
2. I love how they will allow 3 or 4 buses to line up at the stop, making everyone wait for the exact second to depart.

IAD:

1. Ground ops at this airport make third world countries look civilized and boarding the employee bus is like trying to get on the very last bus out of Kinsasha during an ebola outbreak. Let's make a really big funnel people, and shove, shove, shove! Don't try speaking any English, that is reserved for DCA hyper-civilized, Queen Mary operations. Spanish will not work either since it is the new English around here. You must learn several obscure African tribal dialects. Wear a rebreather mask. Do meditation on the ride and find your happy spot.

2. Why oh Why does the driver insist on driving 15 mph?

Try boarding the bus in PHL and before you are all the way in the driver takes off leaving you staggering trying to get your bags out of the way.

Exiting the bus is always fun during shift changes when TSA people gather around the outside of the bus to board and you have to push your way through them dragging your bags to exit the bus.

Try boarding the bus in PHL and before you are all the way in the driver takes off leaving you staggering trying to get your bags out of the way.

Totally agree! However, I live in TPA and would like to say some guy almost ALWAYS grabs my rollerboard and puts it on or off the bus. It is such a pleasant surprise after phl.

We have an employee parking garage (as nice as it really is) that is situated across a working drawbridge from the airport side.
When ships have to come through, which is not uncommon, it requires a stressful wait and calls to scheduling.
The ride is fine just very crowded at times. Delta has their own crew transportation system and parking area here. Never the 'twain shall meet. :rolleyes:

Riding the bus in PHL reminds me of what it must be like taking a bus as an inmate to prison. :lol:

Exiting the bus is always fun during shift changes when TSA people gather around the outside of the bus to board and you have to push your way through them dragging your bags to exit the bus.

Thousands Standing Around! :rolleyes:

Riding the employee bus is almost the worst part of my day.

Cold and flu season is the worst as it fills with employees who save sick days for sunny days when they feel well! I mean at my airport it's airline personnel, useless TSAs, food restaurant, office personnel, airport personnel, etc., all getting on a bus at any given time. Amazing that many don't seem to have acquired basic hygiene skills!

Coach
"Riding the employee bus is almost the worst part of my day"

Coach I thought the worst part of your day was having to pick up a bag off the belt :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thousands Standing Around! :rolleyes:
That was not their first choice for names. They were going to be called "Federal Air Transport Airport Security Service". Someone got wise and figured that acronym would not look too good on the uniform. You work it out. In some cases it would actually apply. :lol:

Latest posts