Engine Shop Relocation to CLT

Docker

Sep 28, 2005
So anybody know why the relocation of the PIT engine shop qec to CLT has been put on hold? We have already received a few truck loads of equipment and 3 engines in CLT. The CLT location is already staffed with 8 mechs and a lead. Heard TIMCO is backing out of their deal with the city of PIT.

So anybody know why the relocation of the PIT engine shop qec to CLT has been put on hold? We have already received a few truck loads of equipment and 3 engines in CLT. The CLT location is already staffed with 8 mechs and a lead. Heard TIMCO is backing out of their deal with the city of PIT.
there has been an apparent shake up in upper levels of timco management for one...
there has been some problem getting FAA certifications regarding the engine contract with united....
all in all i'm told timco won't be in PIT for another month making april 1st the date now.

I have faith that the IAM (Bill F.) will do everything possible to keep all maintenance in PIT, no matter what the cost or if it makes sense. I can only surmise that the mechanics system wide will take a $2.00 an hour paycut to keep the Engine build-up work in PIT.

I have faith that the IAM (Bill F.) will do everything possible to keep all maintenance in PIT, no matter what the cost or if it makes sense. I can only surmise that the mechanics system wide will take a $2.00 an hour paycut to keep the Engine build-up work in PIT.
dude...the lease is up and not renewed.

Latest posts