Day 1 Celebrations Planned Systemwide

700UW said:
They are talking about the employee and work areas, not the gates.
[post="304219"][/post]​
Always "bashing"...........You ALWAYS have to have the last word!!!! SHUT UP, already!! You are on a thread that is at least a little up-beat, and you have to get your 2 cents in after 320!!!! You know damn well what he meant.....

When Hp does a party it does it right. We had a company picnic last week. Company flew in people to help set things up, get food and drinks and give away prizes. We had 2 kinds of salad, chips, fried chicken, watermellon, cake, and orange or lime slushes and cotton candy. Plus music and games to play for the kids. They gave us as much time off as they could and even those of us who had to work got to go for at least an hour. Had table cloths on the tables and was just a really good time. We didn't pay a penny.
Let me know if they throw a Pig Pickin in Winston and I'll try and fly out. Sure miss that good bbq.

having gone around the system and trained and having been in the employee work areas in PHL, the employee work areas and breakrooms are old, dirty and in urgent need of repair and upgrade.

If you don't like what I post and have to stalk me, I suggest you ignore me.

Just trying to steer the audience back to the original thread topic and end the "bashing". WE ALL NEED TO BE POSITIVE AND LOOK AHEAD, AND NOT BEHIND US!! :up:

It is obvious by the language of this announcement that this idea of a company Ho 'Down comes from our new management TEAM as the language is so light-hearted! I for one welcome the positive change in corporate culture! :D

**Ticket Counter Decorating Contest**

Any ideas??? East meets West!! Decorate counters with red, white and blue flowers and catus! Aircraft models from HP and US! Wedding theme!! Just be creative and have fun with it!!

View attachment 3338

As a customer, i.e. someone on the outside, this ticket counter decoration contest is a wonderful idea!! :up: :up: to the folks at Tempe that came up with this promotion! I hope that either they or those of you at the various stations post photos of what you did to participate, since some of us won't be traveling in the near future to see the fruits of the creativity. :(

If we need space to post the photos, I'll volunteer the FFOCUS website... PM me if you want details.

**Ticket Counter Decorating Contest**

Any ideas??? East meets West!! Decorate counters with red, white and blue flowers and catus! Aircraft models from HP and US! Wedding theme!! Just be creative and have fun with it!!

Awesome Picture! I love it!!!!!!! :up:

Severed-N-Happy said:
How much are "they" charging for the BBQ?
Certainly it can't be gratis.
;)
[post="304127"][/post]​

They are charging 25% of your pay...all of your pension and reduced medical. Need I say more..???

Smartest Loser said:
They are charging 25% of your pay...all of your pension and reduced medical. Need I say more..???
[post="304354"][/post]​
here we go again with the negativity.

I wonder if my family could come out and eat that BBQ (they are hungry)..?? Maybe, I could have my bank have a decorating contest and forget my house payment...??

Stop dressing up a pig.... It's still a pig !!!

SL

FTLOG stop being so negative! Let's have some fun and enjoy ourselves. We all need to have a little fun and start building the bridge between the 2 companies. Forget all the challenges ahead,bad feelings,and the bitterness and have fun.

This merger will work if we work together. Don't let the wounds of the past kill our chances of becomming a great airline.

Give Doug and his leadership group a chance.

NOW, GO OUT AND HAVE SOME FUN. WE DESERVE IT....

N924PS said:
Maybe working for a "new" company with some kind of future will inspire employees to take some pride in their work spaces. Never been in an AW facility but I hope they are not similarly disgusting.
[post="304077"][/post]​

You may be disappointed. The average AWA ramper can gnaw through 20 pounds of sheetrock per day. Soap and paper towels are used for boxing practice. They aim the stream somewhere near the urinal. To be honest, when I have to do #2 I use the restrooms in the concourse.

USAir757 said:
Yes, but you're still in the running as a shuttle station for an employee area revamp!! Always look to the bright side of things....
[post="304416"][/post]​

Cheer up, Brian. You know what they say.
Some things in life are bad,
They can really make you mad.
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle,
Don't grumble, give a whistle!
And this'll help things turn out for the best...
And...

the music fades into the song

...always look on the bright side of life!
whistle

Always look on the bright side of life...
If life seems jolly rotten,
There's something you've forgotten!
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing,

When you're feeling in the dumps,
Don't be silly chumps,
Just purse your lips and whistle -- that's the thing!
And... always look on the bright side of life...

whistle
Come on!

other start to join in
Always look on the bright side of life...
whistle

For life is quite absurd,
And death's the final word.
You must always face the curtain with a bow!
Forget about your sin -- give the audience a grin,
Enjoy it -- it's the last chance anyhow!

So always look on the bright side of death!
Just before you draw your terminal breath.
Life's a piece of sh*t,
When you look at it.

Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true,
You'll see it's all a show,
Keep 'em laughing as you go.
Just remember that the last laugh is on you!

And always look on the bright side of life...
whistle
Always look on the bright side of life
whistle