ETB-UNION "OFFICE WORK" AND FAR 121.466/467

Perhaps they can be examples for the East, and those who get elected to office by the members, which is the most trusted priviledged positon given BY the members FOR the members.
Here's an epiphany for the ignornant...absolute power, currupts absolutely.

From what rock did you crawl from under....come into the day light, my friend. These folks who fly ETB ARE NOT putting in 21 days a month of union work.

Tell them to post their weekly schedules, and hold them to it.

Thank you, AFA70, for your hard work and dedication to this membership.

The minute they spout they are working around the clock, they are lying. When you hear this crap, even from the MECP, plan to take them out of office. Anyone who keeps them in office with their vote...take them out too.

I promise you this, when back on the line, their flight hours will not reflect 150-170 hours a month; not even one month out of a year.

Prove me wrong.

Pitbull,

I am assuming you are referring to me when you say "ignorant," so I will reply.

I did not just crawl out from under a rock, sorry. I am very familiar with the inner workings of the union, trust me.

Let's say the RSV chair is responsible for being in the office 21 full days a month to collect his union $$$. That leaves him 9-10 days to do with what he chooses, correct? If i have a line which works 18 days out of the month, I have 12-13 days off to do with as I so choose. Correct? Now, if the person is not in the office 21 days a month, then there is a problem. Otherwise, I calculate that they have 9 or 10 days to themselves to ETB their little hearts out! (And if they have 3 days off in a row, they are perfectly legal for a transatlantic departure.)

Who in the union has said that they are working "around the clock?" Never heard that before. I wouldn't believe that even if they did say that, and I wouldn't expect them to be doing that anyway.

Does BOS/PIT/DCA/LGA/CLT officers post their weekly schedules? Didn't think so....

It's pretty pathetic that if indeed they are not fulfilling their office duties, the only thing we can do as a membership is "vote them out next time." :lol:

I can tell you that every time I have had a question or a concern, it has been dealt with swiftly by different people at AFA70. Corruption? We should not stand for it. If in fact it exists, and I am just not convinced. I believe we have a witch hunt on our hands here.

Thank you AFA70 for your hard work and dedication. It's not totally unappreciated.

If they have a Fri/Sat/Sun off from the office, and fly a 3day transatlantic trip departing Fri, how are they "busting" a FAR?

If your scenario is correct, then the officers ARE NOT working 5 days a week to justify 105 hours of fpl. Its more like 4 days (maybe) which is 16 days a month and 80 hours of union fpl.

So, the question is this for ya, how do they justify taking 105 per month if they are not giving 21 full days to the union for strictly union business?

Do the math. Can't work ETB 3 days a week and work 21 days for the union. Unless, you are double dipping.

If your scenario is correct, then the officers ARE NOT working 5 days a week to justify 105 hours of fpl. Its more like 4 days (maybe) which is 16 days a month and 80 hours of union fpl.

So, the question is this for ya, how do they justify taking 105 per month if they are not giving 21 full days to the union for strictly union business?

Do the math. Can't work ETB 3 days a week and work 21 days for the union. Unless, you are double dipping.

Why can't you do, say, 2 ETB Transatlantic trips a month? That equals 6 days! No one said union work HAD to be M-F only. I've spoken to them on a Saturday! As I said, I am all for them working 21 **FULL** days a month. I fail to see the problem of flying 6 (or even 9!) days a month on the ETB as long as they are working as many hours/ days as they should! If they are not working the hours, as you claim they are not, then there is a problem. But why is it even up for debate if nothing is going to happen? I mean, you claim the only remedy is to not vote them in again next term. Big deal, no one in PHL votes anyway! :lol:

I still think they work hard for the interests of our membership. Can you deny that, Pitbull, or anyone else for that matter?

Thank you.

Why can't you do, say, 2 ETB Transatlantic trips a month? That equals 6 days! No one said union work HAD to be M-F only. I've spoken to them on a Saturday! As I said, I am all for them working 21 **FULL** days a month. I fail to see the problem of flying 6 (or even 9!) days a month on the ETB as long as they are working as many hours/ days as they should! If they are not working the hours, as you claim they are not, then there is a problem. But why is it even up for debate if nothing is going to happen? I mean, you claim the only remedy is to not vote them in again next term. Big deal, no one in PHL votes anyway! :lol:

I still think they work hard for the interests of our membership. Can you deny that, Pitbull, or anyone else for that matter?

Thank you.
They may work hard. But if they use the postion of trust they have been given to come out ahead financially...that is WRONG!

Thank you.

You still dont get it. Thats NOT what they are doing u can give what ifs all you want but.........

The facts <supported by catcrew, the printed reseve book, and ail> show this is not the case.

THEY ARE IN VIOLATION OF THE FAR.

i could give specifics but your not allowed to name names and publish personal info......so research it yourself.

THERE IS NO SPECULATION....FACT IS FACT....

Thank you.

I think one of the problems is that they don't have a set schedule, like all other F/A's in ther company, so when the ETB opens up, they can pick up any trip they want, without any restrictions. We have to pick up trips around our days off and other trips in our line, they don't have those restrictions. That is B*ll ####. They should have to post a schedule like they rest of us and then try to get ETB trips.

I think one of the problems is that they don't have a set schedule, like all other F/A's in ther company, so when the ETB opens up, they can pick up any trip they want, without any restrictions. We have to pick up trips around our days off and other trips in our line, they don't have those restrictions. That is B*ll ####. They should have to post a schedule like they rest of us and then try to get ETB trips.
That would be a nice start!

Why? They are in the Union! They work different hours! As long as they are working their 21 days a month, so what?! You are upset because they are afforded more flexibility with regards to ETB parameters than you or I? So are the Blockholders! I could care less! I want someone in that office that is working hard protecting the membership, enforcing the contract, and answering my questions! When they stop doing that, I take issue. They get to take a trip that gets in after 1800 because they are not on "reserve?" Big deal.

Our contract is completely gutted, we are being told by management that we will receive a NEW cost neutral combined contract (THUS LOSING A LOT MORE!!!!), we are mistreated constantly on this reserve system, and what few people we have fighting for us are being chastised constantly for some stupid ETB trip to Europe.

You want that flexibility? See your name on the ballot next election. The grass is always greener.... :shock:

Why? They are in the Union! They work different hours! As long as they are working their 21 days a month, so what?! You are upset because they are afforded more flexibility with regards to ETB parameters than you or I? So are the Blockholders! I could care less! I want someone in that office that is working hard protecting the membership, enforcing the contract, and answering my questions! When they stop doing that, I take issue. They get to take a trip that gets in after 1800 because they are not on "reserve?" Big deal.

Our contract is completely gutted, we are being told by management that we will receive a NEW cost neutral combined contract (THUS LOSING A LOT MORE!!!!), we are mistreated constantly on this reserve system, and what few people we have fighting for us are being chastised constantly for some stupid ETB trip to Europe.

You want that flexibility? See your name on the ballot next election. The grass is always greener.... :shock:
That is the problem...according to my calculations...they are not!

When you create the perception that a union or ANY organization is the personal piggybank of a select few you've done more damage than 27 Jerry Glass's.

This true whether it's Enron, Bill Clinton, or FFOCUS for that matter.

Oddly the solution is relatively simple if we are to believe that everything is on the level. All of the officers and volunteers who recieve Flight Pay Loss have to do is publish their ETB trips and the amount of FPL hours and any supporting documentation. The publication can be on the AFA Local Website or printed and mailed.

The silence from Local 70 tells us something. What I've no idea.

I enjoy many things that I do not do at work in front of customers and co-workers. I want to manage how they percieve me. How is Local 70 leadership percieved now?

Perception is reality folks

I think that AFA70 (AFA in general for that matter) has a few more pressing issues to deal with than worry about what a handful of us are discussing on a random website (such as termination meetings thru the roof, reserves collecting food stamps, and a membership that finds themselves unable to retire after 40 years of flying, to name a few....) :shock:

Thank you.

You need to drink some more kool-aid. Here's one for you. We are cleaning airplanes now. Am I right? We are doing the job of employees that were let go. Am I right? Then why the hell did we take a paycut? I take over someone elses job and I still have to take a paycut? Where the hell is Pref Bidding("No later than June 2004"). And now this, get real.

You skirted the issue at hand by raising other issues. Try addressing the point. Any FAR violation is not a a chicken poop thing.

ONCE AGAIN PEOPLE!!!! FAR VIOLATION? Is it or isn't it? Oh and have ya noticed.....Sharky ain't a talken. What'z da matter? He ashamed of his old self? These people make up their schdl. as they go a long. We have a VP in PIT LEC who took Sunday off (MOTHERS DAY) for Union business. This was after he tried to get it off and couldn't the legal way.
If anyone should KNOW the union reps should know that every trip they take off the ETB board is ONE less trip available to someone who is trying to survive on 73. If nothing else...their greed over floweth. YOU WATCH FOLKS...someone is gonna take a fall here.... :down:

ONCE AGAIN PEOPLE!!!! FAR VIOLATION? Is it or isn't it? Oh and have ya noticed.....Sharky ain't a talken. What'z da matter? He ashamed of his old self? These people make up their schdl. as they go a long. We have a VP in PIT LEC who took Sunday off (MOTHERS DAY) for Union business. This was after he tried to get it off and couldn't the legal way.
If anyone should KNOW the union reps should know that every trip they take off the ETB board is ONE less trip available to someone who is trying to survive on 73. If nothing else...their greed over floweth. YOU WATCH FOLKS...someone is gonna take a fall here.... :down:
[/quote
The sooner the BETTER!

ONCE AGAIN PEOPLE!!!! FAR VIOLATION? Is it or isn't it?

Nice moniker, suits you. Go buy a hummer.

Who are you asking? Are you afraid to call the local FAA office? Why are you afraid?

Since you cannot seem to accept the explanation offered here (no FAR violation), I suggest you go to the source.

These people make up their schdl. as they go a long. We have a VP in PIT LEC who took Sunday off (MOTHERS DAY) for Union business. This was after he tried to get it off and couldn't the legal way.

It seems you need to fully research your accusations. Not to pick at nits, but, did the VP go into the union office? Are you implying what he did is "illegal"? If he did not have a good reason, I would say it was unethical and he will likely pay during the next election, but, illegal?

I agree it seems skanky, but next time you accuse someone, please get your facts straight. Your cred would be helped were you to actually take the time to use plain English.

If anyone should KNOW the union reps should know that every trip they take off the ETB board is ONE less trip available to someone who is trying to survive on 73.

So, now the ETB is only for reserves? I guess I missed that in my contract. Please point out the section where it states that.

If nothing else...their greed over floweth. YOU WATCH FOLKS...someone is gonna take a fall here.... :down:

You should really watch where you place your feet to avoid tripping over your ego.......