Ewr-fpo

Yep, an ERJ, get over it. Its obvious that the anticipated loads won't fill enough seats to justify a 737-300/500.

The Regional Jets are going to be used more on flights of less than 2 1/2-3 hours than ever before. You're going to get the same cabin service as a main line aircraft anyway, beverage and a snack, so whats the difference. I'd much rather be on an RJ as the middle seat in coach on a Boeing.

Continentals future will be transcontinentals and internationals, with small feeder aircraft bringing in Joe America from Podunck, USA. When regionals get enough safety data to justify ETOPS, the rest of the Caribbean will be fair game.
right now a 145 has replaced a 73 from IAH-PSP.

Attachments

• ERJ135and145Continental1a.jpg
    ERJ135and145Continental1a.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 213
I think Comair flew CVG-NAS nonstop with a CRJ at one time, but the August 2003 OAG now shows CR7 service in that market. Having flown on both types (I flew on a CR7 on the 890-mile BGR-CVG route just last week), IMHO the CR7 is more comfortable, particularly on a long segment.

It will be interesting to see if passengers value nonstop service enough to choose 3 hours in an ERJ over a connection somewhere. Personally, I think it's a tossup--I don't particularly like wasting time on the ground in between connecting flights, but then again, I find the ERJ somewhat claustrophobic. Sure, it's better than a Jetstream or a Metro, but that's not saying a whole lot--it still feels like an awfully narrow tube to me!

I have to admit that if I were booking a flight to FPO tomorrow, I'd probably go for the nonstop rather than spend precious vacation time connecting at MIA, FLL, or wherever. However, if I were flying to PSP and had to change planes anyway, I would definitely try to avoid CO's marathon ERJ flight from IAH.

In any event, I hope they don't extend the idea to longer sectors, even if technology permits!

American Eagle is flying Rj's from CMH and PIT to MIA and thats almost the same flight time. I think people rank Non-stop above a/c type. Just my opinion.

Latest posts

Back