New Airways Officers Announced

The AWA employees can be assured that our management team that will be joining the new company are a bright and talented group.

Before joining Airways, Nocella was a VP at AWA and knows both airlines. Andrew is a smart guy that knows both products. Don't be surprised if he eventually rises to the ranks of CEO within 10 years.

Crellin knows the operations and has experience with the west coast market from his days with PSA. He started as a ramp agent and understands the concerns on the front line employees. He has not forgotten where he started in his aviation career.

Paladini is a bright person and will do fine. She has vast customer service and hub operations experience.

Prestifilippo is an asset to the company.

Carstairs has many years of call center experience and is the right person for the job. She is very approachable when she visits the centers.

Hemenway knows the contracts and that is very important right now. He was originally director of labor relations-ground and knows the IAM contract "inside and out". This is why Lavman is worried. He also has dealt with the AFA and has the respect of the employees and union leaders.

Hedblom will do well in the HR capacity. Glass has taught Hedblom and Hemenway much in the last 3 years.

Rosemary is a bright person.

The Truth said:
Hemenway knows the contracts and that is very important right now. He was originally director of labor relations-ground and knows the IAM contract "inside and out". This is why Lavman is worried.  He also has dealt with the AFA and has the respect of the employees and union leaders.
[post="289129"][/post]​
That is the same man who gave HIS version of the IAM's contract during the Airbus Arbitration.

Al actually believed himself and told everyone on the 2nd floor, the company would win, and I have this from a very reliable source who worked with Al.

Hey TheTruth was Al right on the outcome?

Nope he was not and he lost, you had to file chapter 11 to weasel out of paying damages.

Yep, Al has a great track record, NOT!

And NO AGC or GC has any respect for Al and why don't you let the union leaders give their own opinions instead of posting your falsehoods?

I know for a fact Mr O'Driscoll can't stand Al and has no respect for him.

And since you promoted Al to VP how come Parker did not bring you to Tempe?

And is Presti is such an asset why was he in IAH begging CAL for a job earlier this year?

See I have friends in other places too.

diogenes said:
His hands were NOT tied - he got off on it. :angry:
[post="289093"][/post]​

Then Doug ought to have some interesting Town Meetings when he heads East, shouldnt he? :shock:

There are some of the people involved that I have met and didnt think much of them. I've listened in on conference calls and heard some of the BS spoken. I want this to work and cant do anything to change the situation personally other than doing what I'm supposed to do and have faith that if someone screws up (or continues to screw up as is the case for many of the people involved) Doug will send them packing ASAP.
I guess each of us can continue to voice our concern about the "issues" we have with the current US management team to Doug and let him decide what needs to be addressed. If he is really interested in making this work, it wont take him long to either change the tude coming from the CCY gang, or realize he's made a big mistake bringing some of them over if he wants this to work out.

The Truth said:
The AWA employees can be assured that our management team that will be joining the new company are a bright and talented group.

Crellin knows the operations and has experience with the west coast market from his days with PSA.  He started as a ramp agent and understands the concerns on the front line employees. He has not forgotten where he started in his aviation career.

I know for a fact that AC does not think enough of the employees to answer letters addressed specifically to him. If he "understands" then he sure doesn't give a **** now.

Carstairs has many years of call center experience and is the right person for the job. She is very approachable when she visits the centers.

Maybe she should take a trip to the new outsourced res centers and have a little chat with them. They could really use her help.[/B].
[post="289129"][/post]​

[
[

Maybe she is approachable by management but certainly not the agents. I can only recall her visiting PIT res twice in the last few years and actaully being visible to the agents. She waved down the aisle. Wow- we were so honored. The last time, she closed the office.
I feel sorry for the Amwest agents. Apparently Ms. Carstairs has been given a vote of confidence.
I guess management feels the outsourcing is a great move. Watch out if she shows up out in in PHX or RNO and stands on a chair! If she actaully talks to the group you know its bad news.

The Truth said:
[post="289129"][/post]​

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. Thanks for the laugh. Oh jeez....my sides....stop it! :lol:

Al would sell his mother out for a promotion. He is the hatchet man for USAir..ways. I really don't believe he could even spell..UNDERSTAND, let alone know the concept.

But...he has gone a long way with only.....a high school diploma.

Al needs to go......sooner than later. Like now................................

How is it HP is running the show when they lost their name and own less than 40% of the new company? Remarks like that .... :)

usfliboi said:
How is it HP is running the show when they lost their name and own less than 40% of the new company? Remarks like that .... :)
[post="289382"][/post]​

Shall we educate you? Yes. We shall.

It is true that the new company will be
called US Airways, and the brand will be
retained. BUT, the new company will be a
wholly owned subsidiary of America West
Holdings, Inc. The majority stockholders
are the current stockholders of America
West.

US Airways stock will be cancelled upon
emergence from BK 2, rendering any
previous control of US Airways moot.
Basically in a nutshell, America West
holdings is acquiring the US Airways
brand, routes, planes, employees,
AND liabilities. As such, most of the
business decisions you see in the next
12 days will be geared toward
matching HP policies and procedures.

So, to answer your question, America
West is the aquiring entity. Anything else
you would like to know?

OldGuyinPA said:
Al would sell his mother out for a promotion. He is the hatchet man for USAir..ways. I really don't believe he could even spell..UNDERSTAND, let alone know the concept.

But...he has gone a long way with only.....a high school diploma.
[post="289363"][/post]​

:blink:

Wow... we have hundreds of Agents working at ATO with Masters degrees and many years of airline experience under their belts. How on earth can his track record of failure and lack of education make him invaluable to the new US Airways?

:down:

The Truth said:
Crellin knows the operations and has experience with the west coast market from his days with PSA. He started as a ramp agent and understands the concerns on the front line employees. He has not forgotten where he started in his aviation career.

Paladini is a bright person and will do fine. She has vast customer service and hub operations experience.

[post="289129"][/post]​
You wouldn't know the concerns of a front line employee if it bit you on the ass. There ARE airlines making money. There ARE airline management people that enjoy the support of the front line employees. USAirways AIN'T one of them. Please return to your bubble.

You all know I am the first to complain. At least I was at U. But----I agree with the truth person. I think we need to give the team a chance to prove themselves. I am extremely happy to have Doug Parket at the helm because he cares about his employees and this airline. Also, Joe Beery is one of the best. We have a great deal of respect for him here. As for those coming from U. I am willing to give them the benefit of doubt and see how they do here. We don't know what directives were given them at U and they're under new "management" now and I think the life at HP is totally different from what it was at U.
If I'm willing to give them a chance I think you all should. Let's wait and see what happens. HP is a great airline and all of my friends still at U still have jobs if they wanted them. At least we aren't on the bread lines yet.
Soooooo let's all get together on this, make it work, and have the largest LCC in the world with the happiest employees around. If we work together we can make it happen :up:

SpinDoc said:
Shall we educate you? Yes. We shall.

It is true that the new company will be
called US Airways, and the brand will be
retained. BUT, the new company will be a
wholly owned subsidiary of America West
Holdings, Inc. The majority stockholders
are the current stockholders of America
West.

US Airways stock will be cancelled upon
emergence from BK 2, rendering any
previous control of US Airways moot.
Basically in a nutshell, America West
holdings is acquiring the US Airways
brand, routes, planes, employees,
AND liabilities. As such, most of the
business decisions you see in the next
12 days will be geared toward
matching HP policies and procedures.

So, to answer your question, America
West is the aquiring entity. Anything else
you would like to know?
[post="289403"][/post]​
Happy too,

You mean the creditors are providing the means and they are the entity that you speak of.None of that matters however for the rank at HP as far as senority. Whats yours btw? 1989 here

Latest posts