New Airways Officers Announced

So much for HP taking over the helm!!! With all these people from US the culture will STILL stay the same.

At least US V.P. of Inflight is GONE. Something good finally happens for the flight attendants.

I hope she doesn't let the door hit her in the #@* on the way out.

I have not been impressed at all by Larry LaSeur.
Nice guy, maybe, I heard him speak at some meeting and seemed likable.
There were high hopes when he came to the airport side. But I saw NO improvement on the anti-teamwork mentality of gate agents and especially their sups.
The gate agents always get pinched between the rock and the hard place, and they are generally not pro-active, but are askeered to take a 30sec delay, and so customer service suffers and non-revs get left behind.

barbeetantrums said:
Larry LeSueur, Vice President, Culture Integration . Currently VP Phoenix Hub. Real nice guy and refuses to swear. Mormon, I believe. Very religious. Easily moved to tears and wears his heart on his sleeve. Very personable. He may have said "crap" once, it is rumored. Wears an Easter bunny suit for the holiday and hands out candy. May be wrong but I believe he started as a ramper.
[post="288840"][/post]​
Yes he did start as a ramper.

Twicebaked said:
So much for HP taking over the helm!!! With all these people from US the culture will STILL stay the same.

2/3 rds of the VPs are HP and 2/3 rds of the employees are US I would say that it still is HP running the show. Keep in mind not all US people can possible be bad, but you have limitation set by your leadership. After Doug was named CEO immediately lots of folks said "well he didn't fix things when he was VP". But as soon as he was the boss he did lots of things that he couldn't have done otherwise.
I think you might see a lot of that happening with the US Veeps. Remember they wanted to stay with the newco when I am sure most could have found other positions in a more stable industry

We have to be willing to give the new team a chance. If Doug is like the HP people have stated and wont accept excuses, then let the new team make things happen. Maybe, just maybe, (dont laugh too loud) the US guys really did have their hands tied by someone above them and couldnt make the right choices or were afraid to speak up to get the job done at US. I would hope that all of the new team has a probation period and if they cant get the job done, would be shown the door. In the meantime, they are going to need all the luck and help they can get to get things streamlined and in order. Lets see how well they do. I have a feeling that those who are still stuck in US mode wont be staying too long in Tempe for any number of reasons.

AA191 said:
PLEASE tell us what is happening to Joette Schmidt. Is she gone?
Also, as a mormom we are really not all that bad a group of people. Living life according to the gospel has its advantages. We might not swear, we might not drink, but we all over the place in Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Nevada - when flying to California from PHL you also cross the mormom blockade of the West. You cannot always tell who we are, but we are all around. You would be surprised at how many of us are business leaders in the just the Phoenix area alone - take Jerry Moyes (Swift Trucking & Aviation) Kevin Kinght (Knight Transportation) and several others.
[post="288989"][/post]​

Seriously, no insult intended. I had the pleasure of helping a friend and co-worker transition from the airline to his personal business twenty years ago, and he was the first Mormon I had ever known. We shared many conversations, and I hold the man in high esteem.

While we differed on doctrine, I admired his family culture and self-help ethic. And while I won't go into details, the fumigation needed goes beyond swearing and drinking. We're talking about a total lack of ethics.

I wish y'all well.

AA191 said:
GWERTY - Where is Joette Schmidt going? Was she let go?
[post="289036"][/post]​

I am sure it was her decision. She is credited with the AWA CS turnaround and she then was moved to VP of sales to invigerate that area.

tadjr said:
We have to be willing to give the new team a chance. If Doug is like the HP people have stated and wont accept excuses, then let the new team make things happen. Maybe, just maybe, (dont laugh too loud) the US guys really did have their hands tied by someone above them and couldnt make the right choices or were afraid to speak up to get the job done at US. I would hope that all of the new team has a probation period and if they cant get the job done, would be shown the door. In the meantime, they are going to need all the luck and help they can get to get things streamlined and in order. Lets see how well they do. I have a feeling that those who are still stuck in US mode wont be staying too long in Tempe for any number of reasons.
[post="289070"][/post]​

Tad, I am out of it, but I want y'all to make it - I've got too many friends depending on this airline.

Having said that, you cannot put lipstick on a pig (much as jim has tried! :lol: ) and I cannot see a reason for MPA's retention unless more hurt is on the way.

His hands were NOT tied - he got off on it. :angry:

tadjr said:
We have to be willing to give the new team a chance.......
[post="289070"][/post]​
I think we should give Ken Lay and Bernie Ebbers another chance too. Really what they did was not so bad.

Latest posts