F/a "buy Out"

Light Years said:
Are you talking to me or yourself? :unsure:

You do understand that there are only 5,400 F/As active out of a onetime total of over 10,000. Most of those are voluntary furloughs, some are involuntary. Voluntary furloughees as of now have a date of return. If they did, and the company did not offer additional voluntaries as they have stated they do not like to, everyone under 1988 seniority would be gone.

I'm really not sure what you are waffling on about. :rolleyes:
[post="246317"][/post]​

Actually, we are down to 4,600 active.

DCAflyer said:
Well either your AFA rep is clarvoyant to someone is playing an early April Fool's trick on you.
[post="249190"][/post]​

The VFLR applications are not available until sometime around March 4 (unofficial).

There is no way of knowing who will sign up. The company had anticipated back in mid December about 500, and an estimate of 300 for the ERI.

These are just projections.

My opinion, there will be over 1,000 that that take the VFLR.

DCAflyer said:
Well either your AFA rep is clarvoyant to someone is playing an early April Fool's trick on you.
[post="249190"][/post]​

Well, I guess the MAA AFA Union President is clarvoyant. Maybe she knows something that we do not know. I just know that over 200 of those letters with her "predictions" were placed in MAA mailboxes. Maybe someone needs to give her a call and find out what the deal is. :huh:

PITbull- 4,600!!! Wow, that's pretty sad...

So is 980 the number they granted (or will) for 2005? If more apply, do they get to leave in 06?

Also, what if they don't get enough invol furloughees back? Are they prepared to hire?

And when they replace the MAA F/As with non-mainline F/As from Express or off the street, won't they have to be trained as full mainline F/As since they are on the certificate? With the flow-through agreement, they could have to hire constantly for mainline, MAA (as mini-mainliners) and for both Express carriers if they choose to flow to MAA. I wonder how they would determine who goes where when hiring??? All very interesting...

I'll bet there was some loud cheering in the second-class citizen crew room in F Terminal today!

xoxo said:
Well, I guess the MAA AFA Union President is clarvoyant. Maybe she knows something that we do not know. I just know that over 200 of those letters with her "predictions" were placed in MAA mailboxes. Maybe someone needs to give her a call and find out what the deal is. :huh:
[post="249208"][/post]​

She was notified. She mistook a conversation that was opinion as fact. Mainline was suppose to have 3 release dates if you look in the T/A booklet, but the company is concerned about too many existing at once too soon. Therefore, they are postponing the first release until June (when the next set of vol. furloughees are scheduled to return). This way those that leave on the VFLR will have a better chance receiving unemployment. There is anticipated to be a release in Sept. and December, but this is just a projection.

If it is so over subscribed, and too many people sign up, there will be more releases in 2006. With the way folks are resigning and retireing everymonth, it won' be long for "recalls" from MAA.

By next week, I believe an E-line will go out.

PITbull said:
She was notified. She mistook a conversation that was opinion as fact.

Where did she get the number 890 F/A's if she was listening to an opinion? How does one just come up with a number like that? This is what upsets people at U, everyone keeps everything so hush hush from the employees. She had to have come up with that number from somewhere and then she made it a point to put them in everyones mailboxes. <_<

xoxo said:
PITbull said:
She was notified. She mistook a conversation that was opinion as fact.
Where did she get the number 890 F/A's if she was listening to an opinion? How does one just come up with a number like that? This is what upsets people at U, everyone keeps everything so hush hush from the employees. She had to have come up with that number from somewhere and then she made it a point to put them in everyones mailboxes. <_<
[post="249329"][/post]​

X,

Please listen to what is being said, including my the most "in the know" poster on this board with respect to AFA issues... the VFLR has not even been offered yet, so the 890 number cannot be accurate. I was not privy to the conversation that your MAA AFA rep had, so I can only assume that someone was "guessing" for the sake of guessing. Personally, my guess is 1800 between early retirement and VFLR, but again that's just a guess. Of course it would not be prudent for any AFA rep to send out a letter with DCAflyer's guess, but from what PitBull says, that's apparently what happened.

Just be happy that if you are already in MAA, you will probably have a mainline opportunity before the end of the year, if that's what you want.

Regards,
DCAflyer

Latest posts

Back