F/a "buy Out"

DC,

Thanks for your advice and kind words. Just because I may decide to go I certainly want U to survive and will continue to do my part while I am here.

I agree with DC. Why is it that the VF1 thru VF9 were able to collect unemployment? They VOLUNTARILY left the company. As someone stated before, most of them have no intensions of coming back. The VFLR is VOLUNTARY as well. It too has a "limited" recall.
Now those who did just come back do NOT deserve the 10K. They bailed while we suffered.

Twicebaked said:
I agree with DC. Why is it that the VF1 thru VF9 were able to collect unemployment? They VOLUNTARILY left the company. As someone stated before, most of them have no intensions of coming back. The VFLR is VOLUNTARY as well. It too has a "limited" recall.
Now those who did just come back do NOT deserve the 10K. They bailed while we suffered.
[post="248659"][/post]​

Let me answer this:

The Vol. furlough program had an "end date" to each side letter"...that is why those participants were able to receive unemployment.

The VFLR has an end date just as long as the company has a staffing overage. If at some point, the company has a need to start to "recall" because too many f/as signed up for the VFLR, then that overage will NOT qualify for uemployment but will qualify for the rest of the package.

PITbull said:
Let me answer this:

The Vol. furlough program had an "end date" to each side letter"...that is why those participants were able to receive unemployment.

The VFLR has an end date just as long as the company has a staffing overage. If at some point, the company has a need to start to "recall" because too many f/as signed up for the VFLR, then that overage will NOT qualify for uemployment but will qualify for the rest of the package.
[post="248968"][/post]​

Pit,

Thanks for the clarification. That makes sense.

Just found out that 890 (aprox.) f/a's took the buyout. That is alot more than I ever expected. They all will be leaving starting May 1.. until Dec. 1. They will be released on 3 different dates. May 1, Sep. 1 and Dec 1. Not sure how many they will release on each date. My guess is whatever they can afford to lose at that time since mainline is so short of f/a's. That is the plan as of now. My guess is it may change. You never know with U. They will begin recalling invols sometime this year. No exact date as of yet. There also is alot of retires too. So, I wonder how many recalls they will need. Any one know how many retirees for f/a's??

xoxo said:
Just found out that 890 (aprox.) f/a's took the buyout. That is alot more than I ever expected. They all will be leaving starting May 1.. until Dec. 1. They will be released on 3 different dates. May 1, Sep. 1 and Dec 1. Not sure how many they will release on each date. My guess is whatever they can afford to lose at that time since mainline is so short of f/a's. That is the plan as of now. My guess is it may change. You never know with U. They will begin recalling invols sometime this year. No exact date as of yet. There also is alot of retires too. So, I wonder how many recalls they will need. Any one know how many retirees for f/a's??
[post="249170"][/post]​
WOW! Where did you get this info? If true this is really great. But keep in mind that FAs can retract their Retirement date within 24hrs.

xoxo said:
[post="249170"][/post]​
Now im really starting to scratch my head....the Early Retirement Incentive states that you have to be 55+ years old with service of 20+ years. Are you trying to tell me that we have close to 900 FAs that are over 55 with 20 plus years of service. I find it hard to believe that close to 1/5th of the FA population fits into that catagory

TransatlanticFlyGuy said:
Now im really starting to scratch my head....the Early Retirement Incentive states that you have to be 55+ years old with service of 20+ years. Are you trying to tell me that we have close to 900 FAs that are over 55 with 20 plus years of service. I find it hard to believe that close to 1/5th of the FA population fits into that catagory
[post="249176"][/post]​

I am talking about the $10,000 buyout..yes..890 f/a's took.

TransatlanticFlyGuy said:
[post="249176"][/post]​

TransAFG,
I think xoxo was talking about the buyout, not the early retirement... they are two separate issues.

My question is that I thought the closing date for buyouts hasn't happened yet ( thought the closeing date to accept the buyout was some time in May, but I really don't know what it is. Perhaps PitBull could shed some light on this. I am interested in knowing where the information came from and how reliable it is. Is it a count so far, pending the actual close-out date.

One other thing that I remember is that people have seven days after the submit their buyout papers to CCY to retract it (not 24 hours as stated above). So those who submitted their papers in the final week before they are due bleed past the cut-off date to retract their intentions.

PitBull, any comments?

-DCAflyer

The VFLR ($10,000) has not even opened for bidding yet. Heck, has not even been announced. The company must first figure out how much they are "overstaffed" with F/A's and then they will issue the bidding procedure on this. Right now, I can tell you they have their hands full covering the schedule on a daily basis with the F/A's they have. Not sure where you got this information but...I fear it's incorrect.

USAirBoyA330 said:
The VFLR ($10,000) has not even opened for bidding yet. Heck, has not even been announced. The company must first figure out how much they are "overstaffed" with F/A's and then they will issue the bidding procedure on this. Right now, I can tell you they have their hands full covering the schedule on a daily basis with the F/A's they have. Not sure where you got this information but...I fear it's incorrect.
[post="249183"][/post]​

I will quote the letter I have in my hand from an AFA rep....
"The $10,000 buyout is to begin on MAY 1st, 2005. There will be 3 groupings of elegible F/A's for the buyout. May 1, 2005, September 1st, 2005 and December 1st 2005. Approximately 890 F/A's signed up for the buyout. It is unsure as to how many they will release on each date. This is dependant on many factors. With that said, it is difficult to pinpoint a time in which they will begin recalls."

This was officially sent from AFA union member. So, unless they are lying to us this information is true.

xoxo said:
I will quote the letter I have in my hand from an AFA rep....
"The $10,000 buyout is to begin on MAY 1st, 2005. There will be 3 groupings of elegible F/A's for the buyout. May 1, 2005, September 1st, 2005 and December 1st 2005. Approximately 890 F/A's signed up for the buyout. It is unsure as to how many they will release on each date. This is dependant on many factors. With that said, it is difficult to pinpoint a time in which they will begin recalls."

This was officially sent from AFA union member. So, unless they are lying to us this information is true.
[post="249188"][/post]​

Well either your AFA rep is clarvoyant to someone is playing an early April Fool's trick on you.

xoxo:

Please post the name of the AFA REP writing this letter. I just checked CATS, THE HUB and AFA WEBSITE....and not a word. I find it fascinating that the bidding never opened and they know how many people signed up. Heck, everyone I know is waiting to bid for it. The letter you have in your hand is not correct and whoever wrote it....well...I just hope they don't represent me as an AFA REP.
Maybe they meant 890 positions are AVL? But still....I don't see this letter anywhere via E-line or Company. I will be quite pissed if the bidding opened and closed without anyone knowing...then magically 890 people were granted the VFLR.....I wonder if they know they are going to be out the door soon? :up:

I saw the same letter, it was distributed this afternoon to the MAA F/As.
890 were granted, they will leave in three sets on May 1, Sept 1, and Dec 1. All F/As will be able to pass mainline recall regardess of whether they are active at MAA or not, until the most junior returns. That is all in writing, my friend brought it to me and I read it.

Also, it's not in the letter, but MAA F/As can be frozen in the division temporarily while thier replacements are trained, unless they bring down the Embraer division wall. Haven't seen it in writing, but someone said if you are frozen at MAA while juniors are recalled, they have to pay you mainline pay. Now THAT would be a sweet deal. It's hard to find out for sure since the company, a year in has refused to actually print a copy of the Embraer Division F/A contract with the revisions.

Latest posts

Back