Jan 15th Involuntary Furlough

exusairways

Jan 7, 2003
With Jan 15 looming the day after tomorrow, could someone shed some light as to what will occur at the arbitration meeting tomorrow on the 14th?.

Also, If AFA is victorious, it seems safe to assume that Inflight will be making alot of phone calls to flight attendants informing them to keep working until voluntary furlough results are known.

Are there many active flight attendants interested in signing up for a voluntary furlough... that is...as many 200 to keep the "involuntaries" on the property for a few more months?

PitBull... where are you???

EX,

I will make an attempt to answer that....

The argument tomorrow will be the pieces of contractual language and AFA has to prove that there is a "dispute". I say "dispute", because it is more than a violation of contract language. AFA also has an arbitrator opinion last June that concurs with AFA stance.

When a bench decision is rendered that is favorable to AFA, then management will have a "headache" on their hands. ( can't say AFA didn't tell them over and over again for two months to make sure that if and when there is an Invol. situation, that they offer a VF and a VISP). Well they did neither.

This will force U timelines back. There are things AFA can present to eleviate some fiasco, but our focus will be to address our members needs (includes the potential furloughees that were scheduled on Jan 15) and as a consequence, it may benefit the company as well. Those things can not be discussed on this forum as they have not even been discussed with management as AFA does not know the outcome. However, AFA is aware of the ramifications of a "win" on this issue and what potentially will ensue if AFA wins, including the tight timelines of a VF, VISP, and the start-up of Mid Atlantic.

Are their folks that want a VF?....damn straight. There are f/as that want to leave this airline but can't resign, as they would forfeit unemployment.

So, stay tuned....

exusairways said:
With Jan 15 looming the day after tomorrow, could someone shed some light as to what will occur at the arbitration meeting tomorrow on the 14th?.

Also, If AFA is victorious, it seems safe to assume that Inflight will be making alot of phone calls to flight attendants informing them to keep working until voluntary furlough results are known.

Are there many active flight attendants interested in signing up for a voluntary furlough... that is...as many 200 to keep the "involuntaries" on the property for a few more months?

PitBull... where are you???

Pitbull of course makes sense with what is said...

HOWEVER... Back to what I keep complaining about.... There was no Voluntaries offered before Myself and others were Involuntarily furloughed in May and June...

AFA did win their case against the Company but that did nothing to help us come back on line... So I don't see where~even if the AFA wins this time (Which I believe they will) that will do YOU any good...However, in our case I do believe our suffering helped those that were due to be Involuntarily Furloughed in September were able to hold on a LITTLE LONGER !!!

Colby,

There was a VF offered for the staggered Invol furlough for May and June..it was VF 6. Management was not going to offer it, but than because of the expedited arbitration decision, they offered it. Obviously, there were not enough participants to save you, however it did save others who had received an INVOL furlough notice. The VF 7 that was offered in September, saved some folks, but not everyone, and that Invol was based on a "new staffing model".

The VF 7 "side letter" had the longest minimum duration (21 month min and 27 month min), therefore, could not attract enough participants for all to be saved.

Thats what I remember.

Boy I don't remember that...All I remember is Being in the Back of a 767 when I found out from one of the other Flight Attendants as she had just found out From one of her friends...That was 1 month before I was furloughed...

You know what ...As soon as I was typing this I remember that the Person my fellow F/A spoke with was saved by a VF.... Guess the problem was...NOT ENOUGH TIME for anyone to really decide what they wanted to do !!!
And of course the "SIDE LETTER" OOPS MMY BAD !!! :shock:

Better go make that drink and just SHUT UP !!!! :lol: :lol:

With f/a's having to have signed up for MDA by Monday, (yesterday). Does anyone know who was the most senior and most junior to accept a position at MDA for Training on Feb. 2??? Just curious how many passed because of furlough pay/unemployement pay....etc.

Latest posts