F/A overage leaves are out

Status
Not open for further replies.

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
The amount of overage was reduced by 333.
On the AA side all leave slots available were filled. We will have 164 f/a on the seniority list who are junior to the LLC side f/a''s who will be laid off.
On the LLC side the overage is down to 531 from the original prjected 970. The number was ajusted down to 767. The next round of leaves will be offered beginging on Monday the 23rd. They will be offering a 12 or a 6 month leave. Also AA recinded the top 180 subject to furlough letters on the LLC side. These people who were not able to proffer before. Will now be free to proffer for a leave.

[FONT face=Verdana size=2][BR][BR]Mikey, the APFA info representative and mouthpiece, conveniently leaves out of his post the fact that his union is blocking the company’s planned integration training to enable 220 St. Louis based flight attendants to continue staffing the Hawaii and London flights from St. Louis. That could have cut the projected St. Louis furloughs by 220 additional leave takers, on the AA side, down to an overage of 311 before the next round of overage leaves proffer that will take place only in St. Louis. It is extremely unlikely that twenty percent of those eligible to participate will apply for such leaves on the TWA LLC side. On the American Airlines side of the fence there were more requests than available leaves.[/FONT]

Where is your credible information that APFA is blocking the cross training of TWA F/A's. One other thing I might mention to you is the fact that just because a flight originates at your base does not automatically make that flight a STL based flight. For example the new MIA-LHR flight this winter will be flown by IOR. We all work together here and the fact that APFA was able to reduce the amount of furloughs with the company should not be overlooked. I hate to see anyone one the street but there are a lot less furloughs happening than anticipated and fewer yet with more overages to be offered soon. I might want to mention to TWAnr that if you are a American Airlines (AA or TWA-LLC) Flight Attendant APFA is your Union too! Oh I forgot, TWAnr isnt even a flight attendant but a spouse of a flight attendant.

By now we should all know that AA does what is financially best for itself, which isn't really so hard to understand. But take a look at the IDF takeover of our STL-OGG flights. Deadhead to STL, layover, then to OGG, layover again then back to FW.

You don't have to be a Rhodes Scholar to figure that out. It's just plain inefficient. We have a whole base ready, willing and able to fly those flights. Just train us. You're gonna train us anyway, so just do it now.

If that had been done, 220 Real Americans could have gotten leaves they wanted and 220 LLCers could have kept the jobs they wanted.

MK

APFA is working with the company to safe APFA jobs. Even with the addition of the OGG flying.IOR is losing 76 bid positions next month. There is no great wind fall for anyone here.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/19/2002 11:55:42 PM FA Mikey wrote:

APFA is working with the company to safe APFA jobs.
----------------
[/blockquote]
I've seen little evidence of this from where I stand.

[blockquote]
----------------
Even with the addition of the OGG flying.IOR is losing 76 bid positions next month. There is no great wind fall for anyone here.
----------------
[/blockquote]

IDF gets OGG, IOR gets HNL. IOR gets 8 additional lines of flying set up 3 on 5 off or 2 on 5 off. Sequence #14938 is worth 18:02 with 1:13 P&C and sequence # 14940 is worth 19:58 with 3:00 P&C time. The usual ORD-HNL roundtrip is worth 17:10. The numbers are similar for IDF.

So here's your windfall: 16 additional lines at 8 FA's per line which add up to about 140 new positions, throwing in a few reserves to cover the flying. There are fewer and longer trips with more time off in between. If IOR lost 76 positions then they would have lost 140 without the new flying. The windfall will be even greater in November when our LGW trip is taken. And let's not forget the proffer for 25 more to LAX-I last year when our Kona flight was taken. JFK got additional Caribbean flights and LGA got new flights to Florida and STL. Even IMA may have benefitted when you consider you may have kept trips you might have lost had it not been for the additional feed from TWA to MIA.

And of course there's the windfall of a furlough cushion. Once the dust settles from the current situation we will have 1300-1400 TWA FA's on the street, from our original 4200. And of course the reserve cushion when we finally are allowed to transfer from the corral to other bases.

Yes, Mikey, there IS a windfall, for those perceptive enough to see it.

MK

Here is the break down of flying per base for the month of OCT

INTL - Bid Positions

BOS -7
DCA No change
IDF +15
LAX +1
JFK -17
IMA +20
IOR -76
RDU No change
STL -101
SFO -5

DOM

BOS -8
DCA +1
DFW +9
LAX +45
LGA -23
MIA +71
ORD -92
SFO +36

If you add up the changes in bid positions AA versus TWA here is what I come up with

AA - Minus 69 positions system wide Intl
Additional 39 positions system wide DOM
TW - Minus 101 postions total

The so called windfall is 20 at IMA and 15 at IDF. I'm not so sure I agree with IMA benefiting with the additional feed from TWA. I haven't seen much in additional flying out of here since the buy out. If anything there is less flying because we don't need extra's on flights with no meals. Part of the reason that STL took such a hit is because of the Pilot Agreement. I guess my point is that we all are feeling the pinch.

MK there are 833 LLC f/a's on lay off or who took voluntary leaves. APFA is pushing AA to train ISL f/a's on AA EQ. They have worked to make even more leaves and options available to our newest members.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/20/2002 12:29:19 PM MiAAmi wrote:

If you add up the changes in bid positions AA versus TWA here is what I come up with

AA - Minus 69 positions system wide Intl
Additional 39 positions system wide DOM
TW - Minus 101 postions total
----------------
[/blockquote]

I read it a little differently. I see on the combined list a loss of 131 bids systemwide, with 101 reported lost in STL. In reality, the STL cover letter shows 101 is the loss for ISL only; STL lost 172 bids for a total of 273 from the St. Louis bases vs only 30 for the rest of the AA system. That's 14.8% of our total bids vs .23% (yes, that's point two three percent) for the system as a whole minus what was incorrectly posted for STL. The windfall is that you are not feeling a proportional share of the systemwide cutback. Not only did you gain our Hawaii flights and soon our LGW flight, but many more flights transiting STL will be crewed with Real Americans than before.

[blockquote]
----------------

I'm not so sure I agree with IMA benefiting with the additional feed from TWA.
----------------
[/blockquote]
It's very difficult to put exact numbers on this. We increased your total block hours by just under 20%. These flights are feeding and sustaining other AA flights throughout the system, not just MIA.

----------------
[/blockquote]

I guess my point is that we all are feeling the pinch.
----------------
[/blockquote]

And mine is that some are feeling it more than others.

MK

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/20/2002 3:44:31 PM FA Mikey wrote:

MK there are 833 LLC f/a's on lay off or who took voluntary leaves.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Soon to be joined by 400 - 500 others.

MK

You don't gain any sympathy here by saying that you suffer more than anyone else on furlough. Getting furloughed is not pleasant no matter what base you are at.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/21/2002 1:37:28 AM MiAAmi wrote:

You don't gain any sympathy here by saying that you suffer more than anyone else on furlough. Getting furloughed is not pleasant no matter what base you are at.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Duly noted. Thanks, my fellow union brother.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/21/2002 1:37:28 AM MiAAmi wrote:

----------------
[/blockquote]

I've never asked for sympathy; just an acknowledgement of the truth. I feel just as sorry for the AA furloughees as I do for the TWA people. More so, maybe, since they'll be the last to be recalled.

On a personal level, with over 30 years I'm nowhere near being furloughed, but it still will have an effect on me. There are 100 falloffs to domestic for Oct, and will be more for Nov when LGW goes. These are senior people and will be bidding the 757's I'm now bidding. And I'll be pushed onto reserve for the first time in over 20 years. Worst of all for me is the delay in my return to NY.

I still think the acquisition was the best thing that could have happened to TWA. I wouldn't have wanted to survive under someone like Icahn and was fed up with pay cuts and concessions. I like most things about AA and look forward to being trained and brought over the fence.

I just want to get back to NY.

MK

Status
Not open for further replies.