US/DL RECIPROCAL CABIN SEAT AGREEMENT EFFECTIVE AUG. 1

Awesome news. I hope we get some more- United and American would be great too!

A supervisor told us in our briefing the other day that we'll get detailed fact/procedure sheets in August on how to list etc.

If Delta has seats, I'd MUCH rather fly on them any day, even if it means a connecton.

Just heard from are union president today that PSA and Piedmont arent included in this. That is so not right or fair. I cant wait to spread it around to other PSA f/a to deny them delta f/a boarding. If we cant do it and we are a whole owned why should we let them. Sorry mainline time to stop thinking only of yourselfs.

Just heard from are union president today that PSA and Piedmont arent included in this. That is so not right or fair. I cant wait to spread it around to other PSA f/a to deny them delta f/a boarding. If we cant do it and we are a whole owned why should we let them. Sorry mainline time to stop thinking only of yourselfs.

Perhaps you should campaign your MEC like we did to get results more to your liking.

Also, if I recall correctly, Delta FAs are only offered available seats on mainline flights...the new jumpseat policy does not include wholly owned or franchise (ie. Mesa or Republic) for them either. This also applies to US FAs who can only use this new benefit on Delta mainline. It does not include flights operated by Comair, Skywest, etc.

Ok, I understand your frustration, but mainline has nothing to do with it. PSA and Piedmont have thier own AFAs that can negotiate agreements. Just as US Airways AFA can not negotiate things for Alaska F/As, they can't for PS/PD. Alot of the regionals have negotiated reciprocal jumpseat agreements in the last few years, but mostly with other regionals.

Delta F/As will not be able to jumpseat on PSA or Piedmont or any US Express carrier, only mainline (so they aren't gaining much- you're more likely to see a unicorn than a mainline US Airways plane these days). They did not choose to exclude Piedmont and PSA F/As, just as we did not choose to exclude thier wholly owned Comair. The agreement was made between Delta mainline and US Airways mainline. Neither has any jurisdiction over the jumpseat agreements of thier owned carriers.

I'm glad you brought this up though, because like everything, I have an opinion on "WOS" F/As, as our mainline contract refers to them. I've always wondered why the wholly owned's AFA reps have not asserted themselves and thier positions more. As US Airways Group F/As, WOS F/As should reap some benefits and have more of a connection with mainline.

It surprises me that the AFA at the other two subsidiaries have not sat down with the AFA at the large subsidiary to discuss mutually beneficial contracts. Some stuff they should have had long ago:

* Jumpseat priveleges. WOS F/As should be able to occupy an actual jumpseat, after a ML F/A, but not assist in service. Thier training and commands are very similar, and they can be briefed on exit operation or have a short voluntary class they could take. Reciprocal jumpseat agreements would apply to all USGroup F/As. No reason this couldn't be done.

* Flow-through. An agreement was made but lost with MidAtlantic. It was agreed that after the mainline furlough list had been exhausted, WOS F/As could flow through to the MidAtlantic division, joining the mainline seniority list, eventually absorbing into the non-division mainline. This was basically an afterthought as the pilots had this with the CEL (Combined Eligibility List of the wholly owneds). The mainline list was never exhausted, the division was shut down, and the agreement only applied as long as there was an MDA division. We will have Alegheny-Piedmont pilots flying Airbuses soon but sadly no WOS F/A was ever able to flow through.

Any new hire positions, and that includes America West, should be offered to our wholly-owned flight attendants. They should also get top seniority within thier class. Stuff like this is no-cost to the company or any of the three unions.

* On the other side- flow-down. With all of the majors hiring gangbusters except for sh*tty old US, it's easy to forget that only a few years ago there was not a flight attendant job to be had in the industry. Thousands were furloughed from all the airlines and competition was fierce even for regionals. Beefore the launch of MidAtlantic many US F/As went to or tried to go to one of the express carriers. Some were hired, but alot were met with a chilly recpetion... 'we don't like to hire mainline people'... well, we don't like to give our flying over to you but we did. Pilots had jets-for-jobs agreements with the w/os and affiliates. At the very least the two (three then) carriers should have offered mainline furloughees new hire positions- it would have been the basic courtesy to fellow US Group F/As during a dismal time in the company and industry.

* General Support. They should all support each other (and each other's best interest) in times of negotiation, viewing themselves as one bargaining group.

* Scope. US Airways F/As do not have thier own scope clause like some of the other airlines, they are just me-too'd with the pilots, who'd apparently happily allow Republic to fly 757s but god forbid Piedmont fly Q400s. US Airways F/As should do all in thier power to make sure as much flying as possible stays within the group. In fact, this should be and always have been the number one priority, but I've been banging my pots and pans about that forever and no one seems to see the importance.

Ask a mainline F/A that wasn't MDA which three airlines (four technically with HP) US Airways group owns and they would be clueless. Many think Express is one big airline, or that we own them all or none of them. You would think there would be a closer relationship between the flight attendants at three subsidiaries of the same company. WOS F/As are absolutely different than affiliate Express F/As- they are our REAL Express F/As. Piedmont and PSA F/As don't do United or Delta or Northwest flying, they only do US Airways flying. Thier fortunes lie solely with US Airways as ours do. When US was bankrupt, they went too. When a F/A job is outsourced, it's an injury to all US Group F/As. They should stand together as a group. Again, it really amazes me that the three companies unions seem completely oblivious of each other.

Although I do agree with you that it is not right or fair....a few facts!!!

1st, it has nothing to do with the flight attendant group as members. The company/union negotiated this NOT the f/as.

2nd, we as flight attendants have NO POWER to deny ANYBODY boarding with the exception of being drunk and other safety related issues. And even then, we don't have the final say the CAPTAIN does. Even they don't have the power to deny someone because of the company they work for. Why would you try to take your frustrations out on the flight attendants?????

Again, I do agree with you....but that attitude is not the way to handle it. :up:

* Jumpseat priveleges. WOS F/As should be able to occupy an actual jumpseat, after a ML F/A, but not assist in service. Thier training and commands are very similar, and they can be briefed on exit operation or have a short voluntary class they could take. Reciprocal jumpseat agreements would apply to all USGroup F/As. No reason this couldn't be done.

If you are a flight attendant for any airline, this should be a no brainer.

A DOOR IS A DOOR IS A DOOR...........

Maybe PSA and Piedmont have slightly different commands, but the principle is the same...get the pax out!!!!!!

We are flight attendants...that is what we are trained for.

Agreed??

I agree. I was trying to remember correctly, if to occupy an actual jumpseat in a non-emergency situation there must be some familiarity with the door.

A mainline F/A based in BOS could jumpseat on an A330 or an E190 even though they are not qualified on those aircraft. An America West F/A can jumpseat on our aircraft, as non-qualified flight attendants of a seperate certificate, and they can occupy a jumpseat. As it stands currently, America West F/As are technically "wholly owned" flight attendants. So, yeah, I don't see why they couldn't.

The trouble I could see is our uninformed F/As denying WOS F/As jumpseats or opposite, allowing non-WOS F/As to... I've had a few occassions of affiliate express F/As trying to 'sneak' the jumpseat.

Our F/As used to cause a scene and deny MDA flight attendants- MAINLINE flight attendants- the jumpseat because they are so stupid and ignorant. I can only imagine trying to explain the difference betweeen Piedmont and Mesa to our self-absorbed, clueless about the industry mainline flight attendants.

We need to make it just like the pilots. I dont know why the unions have not already done this. It would be great to ride on all US airlines for free, since we make no money and most dont live in those expensive bases. Sorry if I came across bitchy, just frustrated with still being furloughed and working at shitty express. :(

We need to make it just like the pilots. I dont know why the unions have not already done this. It would be great to ride on all US airlines for free, since we make no money and most dont live in those expensive bases. Sorry if I came across bitchy, just frustrated with still being furloughed and working at shitty express. :(

I am sure that our PSA/PDT flight attendants are placed at the top of the list in (New America West FA classes)
They are considered a (internal) transfer.
If they pass the internal - interivew process!
Then they are selected for a class and placed at the top of the list of there new (mainline new hire class) :up:

I personally feel that PSA/PDT(ONLY)flight attendants should be able to sit on a A330-E190 East/West. They are our little sisters and bros... However, we need to get these things started for mainline(reciprocal jumpseating and such) and then we can look after our little bro's/sisters @ PDT/PSA. It's just starting for us... :p

actually I believe that PSA and Piedmont already have jumpseat agreements of their own.

I've worked with some jumpseat coordinators (I work in Interline/Alliances) and the agreements are specific to the operating certificate.

My airline, for examples, has agreements with Mesa, Skywest, and Expressjet - and those agreements cover any aircraft operated by them, regardless of paint on the side, and our mainline agreement with a "major" airline specifically states it is valid only for mainline operated flights.

I can only imagine trying to explain the difference betweeen Piedmont and Mesa to our self-absorbed, clueless about the industry mainline flight attendants.

LOL, you wouldn't believe how many Mainline Pilots I have had in my jumpseat that didn't know we even had WO'ed Airlines!

I like one guy on my Dash 8 Jumpseat, "So how you like them big RJ's we got you folks!" (Making it sound like we took mainline flying) Duhhhhh!!! Thats Mesa and Republic you big dumpsh$t! Your flying on a Dash-8 that is owned by US Airways!!!!

"Now Here's Your Sign"