US/DL RECIPROCAL CABIN SEAT AGREEMENT EFFECTIVE AUG. 1

TheNewLowFare

Senior
Aug 31, 2005
The Company has entered into a Reciprocal Cabin Seat Agreement with Delta Air Lines effective August 1, 2007. I have copied the CBS message below:

Date: Monday, 16 July 2007 13:06 ET
To: Emc2-News-c
Subject: Reciprocal Cabin Seats on Delta

You asked... We listened... On August 1, it's here...

I'm pleased to announce our first Reciprocal Cabin Seat Agreement. The agreement is between US Airways and Delta Air Lines and is effective August 1, 2007.

The program is designed for flight attendants to travel (for commuting purposes or personal leisure) in what would otherwise be empty cabin seats, free of charge. Transportation is applicable on US Airways and Delta Air Lines flights within the continental United States to/from the U.S., Hawaii, Alaska and the United States Virgin Islands and is on a space available basis.

Guidelines and details for travel on Delta will be posted to theHub and Compass prior to the August 1 effective date.

This is only our first. Be on the look out for other carriers to be added to the program.

The Company is actively pursuing agreements with other carriers.

How did this agreement come about? The answer is primarily because of Union solidarity. At last year's AFA Board of Directors meeting the Board unanimously passed a resolution calling for an AFA-wide campaign of Member Mobilization with the goal of obtaining reciprocal cabin seat agreements. In mid April, AFA Council 66 and the US Airways Master Executive Council launched a joint email advocacy campaign aimed at getting the Company to secure Reciprocal Cabin Seat Agreements with as many carriers as possible. Advocacy campaigns don't work without membership action. In this case the Company received over 2000 emails from members within a period of a few days and began pursuing reciprocal cabin seat agreements with other carriers. You should be applauded for your efforts and the Company recognized for responding to your call for action.

:)

What was the situation before if you needed to commute on DL?

Which other airlines have a similar agreement with US?

Before the agreement is we have to pay. Starting Aug.1st , we don't have to pay. It's FREE to get a cabin jumpseat on Delta, so this is great news for commuters! :)

Before the agreement is we have to pay. Starting Aug.1st , we don't have to pay. It's FREE to get a cabin jumpseat on Delta, so this is great news for commuters! :)
So what is Delta's priority when flying on LCC? SA4? 5? 6? or worse?

it states a seat will be given if there are empties...so I assume last in priority...sa9? CSA's should fight for this too...heck everyone should get this....not just one work group!! I know, many FA commute...but it states commuting or for pleasure....

it states a seat will be given if there are empties...so I assume last in priority...sa9? CSA's should fight for this too...heck everyone should get this....not just one work group!! I know, many FA commute...but it states commuting or for pleasure....
99% of the time, the CSA's (airport employees) fall under the "counter agreements" that the station manager's negotiate with the other airlines... In most cases it is unlimited fee waived. Basically this is the same thing except you don't have to fill out any papers and submit them to have a ticket written.

What are the procedures for getting a seat? Just show-up @ the Delta counter or still have to go to a US Airways ticket counter and get a ticket?
Would be nice if other areas (ramp, ticket counter, etc) could utilize this benfit. Of course, there are always ZED's, so.......

Still, a move in the right direction.

What are the procedures for getting a seat? Just show-up @ the Delta counter or still have to go to a US Airways ticket counter and get a ticket?
Would be nice if other areas (ramp, ticket counter, etc) could utilize this benfit. Of course, there are always ZED's, so.......

Still, a move in the right direction.

This is getting nicer and nicer! I love it! Thanks to AFA for pushing for this.
It's getting challenging commuting and non-revving on us 'cause of the full flights, so this is a great change! :)

US Airways/Southwest Agreement

From what I've heard, you have to list yourself for the flight for jumpseating. There should be a memo out on Aug. 1st I heard.

Great job US Airways AFA ! :) Thank you!

That will be nice for the hundreds of PIT-PHL commuters.....they won't have to commute on US anymore (imagine....nice, clean, comfortable airplanes) and be able to save $$$$. Good for them! :up:

I for one will probably not fly us to PIT ever again. WE SUCK SO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

I for one will probably not fly us to PIT ever again. WE SUCK SO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't that the truth.....I worked with a PIT commuter yesterday (Saturday) who was running to catch a Dash-8 flight to PIT!!!! That is absurd! :shock: