FA furloughs and STL transfers

Hatu

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
MIA
From the APFA:

The projected flight attendant overage for July, 2003 of 4,986 has been reduced to 3,123. What that means is that 1,863 flight attendants who received furlough letters will no longer be subject to furlough
The senior most flight attendant to be furloughed, effective July 1 has an occupational seniority date of April 6, 2000 and a system seniority number of 20,308.
At the present time, approximately 300 flight attendants have valid transfer requests on file to STL. The 600 additional flight attendants needed in STL will come from the junior flight attendants at those bases where an overage still exists. At this time, the Company has indicated that those overages are expected to be in MIA, DFW, LAX and to a lesser extent, in SFO and DCA.

I know this is going to end up being a seniority debate again! And if you don''t know by now how the occ seniority went then you must have been on Mars for the past 2 years. Give the LLC''ers a break. They are all losing their jobs by July 1. Along with approx 1200 AA''ers. Not to mention all the forced transfers that will have to go to STL. We all are seeing hard times right now. Stirring the seniority pot right now does not help matters. How about a little good news somewhere?!

----------------
On 5/14/2003 6:02:28 PM Hatu wrote:

From the APFA:

The projected flight attendant overage for July, 2003 of 4,986 has been reduced to 3,123. What that means is that 1,863 flight attendants who received furlough letters will no longer be subject to furlough
The senior most flight attendant to be furloughed, effective July 1 has an occupational seniority date of April 6, 2000 and a system seniority number of 20,308.
At the present time, approximately 300 flight attendants have valid transfer requests on file to STL. The 600 additional flight attendants needed in STL will come from the junior flight attendants at those bases where an overage still exists. At this time, the Company has indicated that those overages are expected to be in MIA, DFW, LAX and to a lesser extent, in SFO and DCA.

----------------​

I''m NOT trying to stir up a "stink" here on ALL members of APFA(you guys know I''m a big fan),
But plz. refresh "ol'' black bears" memory.

1. How was LLC''s occ seniority placed(on the "whole" list), in STL ??

2. How was LLC''s occ seniority placed(on the "whole" list, outside of STL ?

I knew the answer to my questions "sometime" back, but I truly don''t remember.

Thanx,
NH/BB''s

----------------
On 5/14/2003 8:05:39 PM MiAAmi wrote:

I know this is going to end up being a seniority debate again! And if you don''t know by now how the occ seniority went then you must have been on Mars for the past 2 years. Give the LLC''ers a break. They are all losing their jobs by July 1. Along with approx 1200 AA''ers. Not to mention all the forced transfers that will have to go to STL. We all are seeing hard times right now. Stirring the seniority pot right now does not help matters. How about a little good news somewhere?!

----------------​

Miami;
I WAS"NT SURE IF THE LLC F/A''s HAD A "RATIO", IN STL(Hence my LEGITIMATE questions)
So "stick" the sarcasm, "you know where" !!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB''s

----------------
On 5/15/2003 2:37:10 AM NewHampshire Black Bears wrote:

----------------
On 5/14/2003 8:05:39 PM MiAAmi wrote:

----------------​

Miami;
I WAS"NT SURE IF THE LLC F/A''s HAD A "RATIO", IN STL(Hence my LEGITIMATE questions)
So "stick" the sarcasm, "you know where" !!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB''s

----------------​

Sorry, No sarcasm here. Just didn''t want to bring up the seniority issue again.

----------------
On 5/15/2003 9:36:21 AM Get Over It Already wrote:

----------------
On 5/15/2003 8:49:58 AM Flyboy4u wrote:

I find it ironic that the other carriers, including those under Cpt 11, are calling back furloughs while AA continues to layoff is mind boggling.

Who is recalling flight attendants? The only recalls I heard about were res agents at United

It would be better to just close the doors on this already forgotten Airline.

----------------​

People said the same thing about TWA once upon a time

----------------​
The fact that UAL is recalling anyone under Cpt 11 shows much more progress than this airline. CAL has NOBODY on furlough. Other carriers are showing record profits, and where is AA in all of this. Read your local paper. You are correct they did say that about TWA at one time and they are saying it about AA now. AA like TWA will soon be in the history books. Those on the street that I am talking too refuse to fly this airline for the simple reason they dont like the way they treat their employees. Trust me we are moving into the peak travel season and this company continiues to layoff. Yes, under the T/A that was "supposedly" approved layoffs were part of it but the agreement was clear on 2391 layoffs. It was not approved with 5,000 layoffs. That number was only given out in the company''s B/K proposal. Again this shows yet another lie this company continues to throw on its employees. Trust me the doors are closing fast on this once legendary company!

----------------

I find it ironic that the other carriers, including those under Cpt 11, are calling back furloughs while AA continues to layoff is mind boggling.

Who is recalling flight attendants? The only recalls I heard about were res agents at United

It would be better to just close the doors on this already forgotten Airline.

----------------​

People said the same thing about TWA once upon a time

If anyone actually believes this company will be around to see another new year you are sadly mistaken. The numbers alone speak for themselves with these layoffs. I find it ironic that the other carriers, including those under Cpt 11, are calling back furloughs while AA continues to layoff is mind boggling. All I can say is the era of Don Carty continues along with the mismanagement of American. I wish everyone on here the best of luck with this sinking ship. I hope someone can bring it back from the depths that it has sunk. After July this company can no longer claim to be the worlds larges airline. Those at TWA can no longer cry foul because many NAATIVES as you call us too are now on the street. I am not sure now what to tell my kids about school next year but thats my problem now thanks to AA and this "so called" union the APFA. Good Luck to you all because the rumor is another Furlough is in the works for October. It would be better to just close the doors on this already forgotten Airline.

United is bringing back 1,500 f/a''s who were put on temporary no pay status april 1st due to the reduction in schedule for the war. There are still a few hundred on this no pay status for june and a few hundred on an involuntary furlough. however, we do have about 5,000 f/a''s on a voluntary furlough. All of this will need to be rebid for july as we are expecting a few thousand f/a''s to retire before july 1st - as the company has changed the retirement plan effective july 1st. In our new contract we were able to keep the voluntary furlough package with full benefits and seniority - so hopefully with retirements and voluntary leaves after july 1st - only those who volunteer will be gone.

ualnyc

----------------
On 5/15/2003 9:49:06 AM Flyboy4u wrote:

The fact that UAL is recalling anyone under Cpt 11 shows much more progress than this airline.

No, it shows that people are bailing out as fast as they can find another job that pays better. Why else are there a few thousand flight attendants retiring by July?

Those on the street that I am talking too refuse to fly this airline for the simple reason they dont like the way they treat their employees.

Those that I talk to don''t care how they treat the employees if the price is right for their family vacation to the beach or Vegas

Trust me the doors are closing fast on this once legendary company!

You must be confusing AA with your prior employer again.

----------------

If anyone actually believes this company will be around to see another new year you are sadly mistaken.  The numbers alone speak for themselves with these layoffs.  I find it ironic that the other carriers, including those under Cpt 11, are calling back furloughs while AA continues to layoff is mind boggling.  All I can say is the era of Don Carty continues along with the mismanagement of American.  I wish everyone on here the best of luck with this sinking ship.  I hope someone can bring it back from the depths that it has sunk. After July this company can no longer claim to be the worlds larges airline.  Those at TWA can no longer cry foul because many NAATIVES as you call us too are now on the street.  I am not sure now what to tell my kids about school next year but thats my problem now thanks to AA and this "so called" union the APFA. Good Luck to you all because the rumor is another Furlough is in the works for October.  It would be better to just close the doors on this already forgotten Airline.

----------------​

Can you say DRAMA QUEEN!!!!?

----------------
On 5/15/2003 10:08:49 AM MiAAmi wrote:

----------------

If anyone actually believes this company will be around to see another new year you are sadly mistaken.  The numbers alone speak for themselves with these layoffs.  I find it ironic that the other carriers, including those under Cpt 11, are calling back furloughs while AA continues to layoff is mind boggling.  All I can say is the era of Don Carty continues along with the mismanagement of American.  I wish everyone on here the best of luck with this sinking ship.  I hope someone can bring it back from the depths that it has sunk. After July this company can no longer claim to be the worlds larges airline.  Those at TWA can no longer cry foul because many NAATIVES as you call us too are now on the street.  I am not sure now what to tell my kids about school next year but thats my problem now thanks to AA and this "so called" union the APFA. Good Luck to you all because the rumor is another Furlough is in the works for October.  It would be better to just close the doors on this already forgotten Airline.

----------------​

Can you say DRAMA QUEEN!!!!?

----------------​
You can say DRAMA QUEEN all you want but I would sure keep that resume handy. You too will need it soon.

Latest posts