Failed drug test termination fleet service please help.

Honestly you must realize that this is a personal matter and the OP is asking for help and or information on a open forum seen by anyone including the company.

Hi!! Feel free to PM me,
Our union will fight and you will have your job back, it will be a while before it happens but you will have it!!
Swamt is not employed by AA therefore should not have any comments to say in this matter or how it should be handled!!
I know of pilots that have had issues with certain things and today are flying!!

Relax dude! I simply gave a scenario that actually happened. I also indicated what will and can happen when most out there just think if they have a prescription that they are ok, not true.
And for you to come on here as a newbie and claim that your union will fight and get his job back with the very limited info he gave us all is pathetic advice. And a claim that is not set in stone and you know it.
Yes there are issues to work around, but to claim what you claimed with the very little info we and you have is completely unprofessional and bull shite.

Relax dude! I simply gave a scenario that actually happened. I also indicated what will and can happen when most out there just think if they have a prescription that they are ok, not true.
And for you to come on here as a newbie and claim that your union will fight and get his job back with the very limited info he gave us all is pathetic advice. And a claim that is not set in stone and you know it.
Yes there are issues to work around, but to claim what you claimed with the very little info we and you have is completely unprofessional and bull shite.
Just as much shyyte as you preach!! So me being a newbie moots my advice?? Really??
I never thought that being a newbie or a veteran would make a difference on the advice or comments that i make!!

thats weird because looking into it every airline has a second chance keep your job policy from what im seeing besides american who normally terminates with the option to rehire.

No sir. Not every airline has a second chance. Matter fact my airline does not have a second chance. I have been told AA does have the second chance option. However, the airlines that do have the second chances usually have a long dragged out policy including rehab, in or out patient, depending. And strict drug testing at any time and no limits on how many times or when for a period of time that they see fit.
If you have to take that route in order to keep your job, I would.

@swamt i will be respectful to you and all of those that have created this great forum! I hope you don’t block or i get my IP blocked as what happen to thay guy FROM MIAMI!

No sir. Not every airline has a second chance. Matter fact my airline does not have a second chance. I have been told AA does have the second chance option. However, the airlines that do have the second chances usually have a long dragged out policy including rehab, in or out patient, depending. And strict drug testing at any time and no limits on how many times or when for a period of time that they see fit.
If you have to take that route in order to keep your job, I would.
2 years of random test and the CD letter remains on your file
For the duration of employment with AA.

Just as much shyyte as you preach!! So me being a newbie moots my advice?? Really??
I never thought that being a newbie or a veteran would make a difference on the advice or comments that i make!!
Gentlemen there are bigger problems here than your egos. Let's focus on the issue and try to assist this man the best we can to get his job back.

If i were you I would go talk to a UNION officer right now and try to get a game plan going to get you back on payroll. I would also go look for another job, hopefully temporarily. You might be out for a while so you might as well get some money coming in.

I would also go talk to social services and see what sort of programs you qualify for so you can get the ball rolling as soon as possible (food stamps, utility assistance). I might even go apply for a grant for technical training BEFORE you get your job back (or take another). It never hurts to stack the deck. Even if you never put that education to use you can use what you learned to make money on the side or do personal projects.

Nope. I don't preach.
Nope. You being a newbie does not moot your advice, and I never said that.
I also never said that being a newbie would ever make a difference on advice or comments that you or anyone else makes.
My comment as far as you being a newbie to the forum and to ask someone to PM you for, as you indicated, more info to keep his job and guaranteed to get it back is just nonsense. If you cannot see that, then carry on...

Nope. I don't preach.
Nope. You being a newbie does not moot your advice, and I never said that.
I also never said that being a newbie would ever make a difference on advice or comments that you or anyone else makes.
My comment as far as you being a newbie to the forum and to ask someone to PM you for, as you indicated, more info to keep his job and guaranteed to get it back is just nonsense. If you cannot see that, then carry on...
PM was the way to go, did not need to make public my advice!! Thanks

Gentlemen there are bigger problems here than your egos. Let's focus on the issue and try to assist this man the best we can to get his job back.

If i were you I would go talk to a UNION officer right now and try to get a game plan going to get you back on payroll. I would also go look for another job, hopefully temporarily. You might be out for a while so you might as well get some money coming in.

I would also go talk to social services and see what sort of programs you qualify for so you can get the ball rolling as soon as possible (food stamps, utility assistance). I might even go apply for a grant for technical training BEFORE you get your job back (or take another). It never hurts to stack the deck. Even if you never put that education to use you can use what you learned to make money on the side or do personal projects.

Thanks, very well said.
I have no ego at all,

I did focus on the issue Lu Lu. And it has nothing to do with egos as you suggest.
You want the real issue at hand? This guy is on an open forum asking for any and all help to save his job from an accidental pill being taken. Why is he here asking?? Why hasn't the union at AA helped this man so far?? You have to ask yourself this.
So don't tell me this is part of my ego, get a clue LuLu...

@swamt i will be respectful to you and all of those that have created this great forum! I hope you don’t block or i get my IP blocked as what happen to thay guy FROM MIAMI!
Oh please I piss people off all the time, have made countless enemies, and I have been ban hammered more times than I can count.

swamt can tell you I pretty much say what I think regardless of if it is popular or not.

That being said don't be so respectful you denut yourself or you will never survive in this forum.

This place is a mud pit so you better learn to be a pig.

Oink Oink.

Oh please I piss people off all the time, have made countless enemies, and I have been ban hammered more times than I can count.

swamt can tell you I pretty much say what I think regardless of if it is popular or not.

That being said don't be so respectful you denut yourself or you will never survive in this forum.

This place is a mud pit so you better learn to be a pig.

Oink Oink.
Thanks brother!!

Latest posts