Faqs From This Weeks Plane Deal

MarkMyWords said:
I agree.....I think the road show with the new airplane will do some good to build morale, get some media attention (read - free publicity), stir up some excitement and become the real launch of the "visible" transformation to the "new" company.

Sky High states: WHAT IF, the company did nothing. No road show. No excitement. The New Livery just showed up at one of the U/AWA gates with no fanfare?
I know....I know. Everyone would be HERE, bitching that a road show, some excitement and media attention would of helped. :lol:

Mark,

There's an email address at the end of each issue. Presumably that's where anyone can send their questions.....

Jim

Justme said:
$330,000.00 for fuel? Is this right? Jet fuel's around $4.00 isn't it? Help me out here, wouldn't that be around 500,000 pounds? Help me find my math error!

jm
[post="289963"][/post]​

On Doug Parker's weekly update to AWA employees (888-292-5087). He adresses the issue of the expense of flying the new colors around the system. He mentioned fuel expense as $35,000.

Bronco

MarkMyWords said:
Thanks Jim.....appreciate the info. I wish our people would get with the program and offer similar venues for our concerns and questions. I know in my office, the only information we have been given from any of the managers, was the day the merger was announced. That is it.
[post="289966"][/post]​

The corp. communications is one of the biggest turn arounds since DP tookover. They not only put out tons of stuff they hold QTRLY traveling townhalls in addition to VPs and directors are doing the same in mini version for their work groups. And since Elise Eberwein?) took over it has gotten even better. I believe she is the one that has added the "light touch" a joke or self depreciating humor to the communications. I bet she is the main aurthor of these responses. I expect with all the info and mis-info plus the large size of the combine company this area will play a large part of the integration.

MarkMyWords said:
Is Elise making the transition to the new company?
[post="289977"][/post]​

Yes she is head of corporate communications and the "cultural integration VP" reports directly to her. Her is her bio.

Elise Eberwein
Always seen, but never heard*, Elise Eberwein, 40, will be Vice President of Communications for the new US Airways, responsible for media, employee communications, and investor relations.

Elise has spent nearly half of her “youngâ€￾ life in aviation. She turned in her TWA flight attendant wings to transfer to that airline’s marketing and communications departments. After 11 years with TWA, she left the Midwest for the Rocky Mountains to work, first, for Western Pacific, then for Frontier Airlines. Sources tell us she’s still bitter about losing the role of Uli Derickson (the TWA flight attendant who was a hero in the 1985 TWA hostage situation) to former Bionic Woman star Lindsay Wagner. Elise is currently Vice President of Corporate Communications for America West.

a6bronco said:
On Doug Parker's weekly update to AWA employees (888-292-5087). He adresses the issue of the expense of flying the new colors around the system. He mentioned fuel expense as $35,000.

Bronco
[post="289970"][/post]​

Thanks Bronco, the original post said $330,000.00...$35,000.00 makes more sense....around 50,000 pounds of fuel (roughly) and I'm sure that's a ballpark figure. Not a lot of money in the big scheme of things when we consider the publicity that (hopefully) comes from the flights.

jm