New Livery Unveiled Aug. 23

I want to be on that plane out of PHL so very very bad!!! I worked for 3 of the airlines, PI, US and HP. and I'm still here. You have no idea how proud I would be to be on that plane. I'm from Pa originally and I would have such fun visiting the hubs.
Here's what I think about the design. Blue on the bottom with a red racing stripe and each of the 4 airlines or maybe 5 counting Al in a goast like design down each side of the plane. That's why I think it's the PI speed bird by the windows. There could be a smile, a stylized flag and a PI speedbird with an AW on the tail.
Anyway I really want to fly in that baby. They say they want uniformed employees onboard but the first contact most people have are in reservations. Please please let me fly.

Is this close?

Attachments

• FakeNEWUScolors.jpg
    FakeNEWUScolors.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 537
It appears that the paint job will look something like these latest examples posted. However, haven't we been told officially that the stylized-flag logo will be modified? I'm anxious to see how THAT will look, along with the tail's paint scheme.

Anyone with an artistic bent care to conjecture?

Revolutions said:
I can't believe no one has seen the new livery yet, kind of hard to hide a whole airplane, isn't it?? Maybe they checked it through PHL :p
[post="287832"][/post]​
A friend emailed me last night and said that the HP JFK city manager gave them a generic picture of what the new livery looks like. It sounded like it is very similar to the that has been passed around on here.

marchingant said:
The pdf sent to employees is below (link http://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3GILHV0...IH3CGIU7O45SI0L ) It looks a lot like the one that has been floating around for a while.
[post="288193"][/post]​
The livery flyer says "What - Take a look back and a look ahead..."

I wonder how it would look if they brought back the PSA smile?

Parker has said they would like to preserve as much of each "contributory" airline in the new company's culture.

But that might amount to naming conference rooms and etc "The PSA Room", The Piedmont Room",etc

drifterreno said:
I want to be on that plane out of PHL so very very bad!!! I worked for 3 of the airlines, PI, US and HP. and I'm still here. You have no idea how proud I would be to be on that plane. I'm from Pa originally and I would have such fun visiting the hubs.
Here's what I think about the design. Blue on the bottom with a red racing stripe and each of the 4 airlines or maybe 5 counting Al in a goast like design down each side of the plane. That's why I think it's the PI speed bird by the windows. There could be a smile, a stylized flag and a PI speedbird with an AW on the tail.
Anyway I really want to fly in that baby. They say they want uniformed employees onboard but the first contact most people have are in reservations. Please please let me fly.
[post="288159"][/post]​

Just fly to vegas and see it there
We still on for the dca/sfo game need to know B)

BoeingBoy said:
"At the front, but not visible through the curtains, is a circle containing four logos -- America West, PSA Airlines, Piedmont Airlines and Allegheny Airlines, according to a source familiar with the design."

US Airways, America West employees get 'tease'

Jim
[post="288614"][/post]​
Those gray lines around the window are "straight" lines not curvey as on the AW planes. One idea that came to Doug's attention was down the side of the plane where it says USAirways that the US lettering stay the same and the A look like the HP AW--as appears on the tails. This will be interesting to say the least. Can't wait to see it.

drifterreno said:
Those gray lines around the window are "straight" lines not curvey as on the AW planes.
[post="288694"][/post]​

But they don't appear to be parallel to the red/blue either, so don't appear to be horizontal. FWIW, HP's gray lines zig-zag slightly (to represent mountains???) as opposed to curving, so a small segment would not be horizontal.....

Jim

I kept looking at the grey on there and kept thinking that maybe it was the letter "S" from US Airways. Perhaps the name on the side of the plane is a larger font like AWA uses on the sides of their airplanes.