New Livery Unveiled Aug. 23

hp_fa said:
Ummm, I wonder who is gonna be flying the flight that day?
[post="287851"][/post]​
US will be flying it since it is your plane....

AIRLINES

Will US Airways' repainted planes be white-ish, with a red racing stripe and navy-blue belly?

That's the way they appear in an announcement distributed Friday that says the airline will uncover its new look later this month in five cities, including Charlotte. The one-page flier shows a plane behind a curtain, with a small sliver exposed.

Asked if the colors in the announcement reveal a hint about the new look, an America West spokesman said: "Yeah."

Because US Airways is merging with America West, planes will have a new color scheme and perhaps a new logo. A newly repainted plane will stop in Charlotte at 12:30 p.m. Aug. 23.

:D
Revolutions said:
I can't believe no one has seen the new livery yet, kind of hard to hide a whole airplane, isn't it?? Maybe they checked it through PHL :p
[post="287832"][/post]​

It's in the process of being painted....I'm sure in a couple of days someone with a digital camera will take a picture of it. Have patience.......... It's gonna be awesome...

700UW said:
AIRLINES

Will US Airways' repainted planes be white-ish, with a red racing stripe and navy-blue belly?

That's the way they appear in an announcement distributed Friday that says the airline will uncover its new look later this month in five cities, including Charlotte. The one-page flier shows a plane behind a curtain, with a small sliver exposed.

Asked if the colors in the announcement reveal a hint about the new look, an America West spokesman said: "Yeah."

Because US Airways is merging with America West, planes will have a new color scheme and perhaps a new logo. A newly repainted plane will stop in Charlotte at 12:30 p.m. Aug. 23.
[post="288007"][/post]​

The colours in the announcement are a mauve and silver combo. Funny thing is that is pretty close to what my high school football teams jersey colours were, except we were maroon and silver. Mauve is a tough colour to work with in designing, due to contrast issues. I hope they choose a good pattern for it - I would choose a bare metal top and bottom with a double mauve cheatline going all the way back and doing a hockey stick on the tail. And have the lines do a double lightningbolt towards the front of the plane. I will try to get a drawing on here...

StewGuy86 said:
Mauve???!! Please say it ain't so. That's so Miami Vice 1984.
[post="288029"][/post]​

Actually, I screwed up here. Sorry, I was paying more attention to the damn curtain and font colours than to notice the sliver they show of the paint job. My bad.

It looks pretty close to a pic someone made a while back, only problem is we can't see the tail to know if the cheat lines go back up the tail. If it doesn't, I am not going to be happy - it will be too "east coast", conservative and unimaginary. Also, I would expect USA 3000 to take issue with it since it could be a dead ringer for their livery.

Bring back the 1976 PSA livery, I say. That paintjob was groooovy. B)

a320av8r said:
I wouldnt go by that picture from the hub. I'll bet it's completely different from that. Bruce's weekly message says about the new image, "the name will be US Airways but everything else will be completely different, even the stylized flag."

Go Tempe, go!
[post="287989"][/post]​

One would think that if they would unvail the new livery, the crew that is working the flight would be wearing the "new" uniform (if there is one). The crew will be representing the "old" US Airways as will AWA and all of the other airllines that now make up the "new US Airways.

I also heard that on October 1 or 2 the "old" US and AWA will immediately go away and the "new" will emerge. That is that the branding of the formers will go away over night... i.e. the gate areas and all signage.

Twicebaked said:
I also heard that on October 1 or 2 the "old" US and AWA will immediately go away and the "new" will emerge. That is that the branding of the formers will go away over night... i.e. the gate areas and all signage.
[post="288039"][/post]​

USAir managed that feat at Piedmont back in 1989, but then they actually had money to spend on the effort.

I will be impressed if this time they manage to get it done in a week, let alone overnight. I suspect we'll see lots of vinyl "Sign-A-Rama-USA"-style banners covering old signage for a while in true cool, northern efficiency style.

700UW said:
It does look pretty close to the pic of the A319 placed on here.
[post="288033"][/post]​
Tell me those gray lines around the windows don't look like the PI speedbird!!!
What do you think???

nycbusdriver said:
USAir managed that feat at Piedmont back in 1989, but then they actually had money to spend on the effort.

I will be impressed if this time they manage to get it done in a week, let alone overnight. I suspect we'll see lots of vinyl "Sign-A-Rama-USA"-style banners covering old signage for a while in true cool, northern efficiency style.
[post="288045"][/post]​

I seem to recall that at places like CLT - the actual sign change took place well before the official date, but they placed PI signs over what would be the USAir logo so as to keep PI up until the official transformation in 1989.

You will see intergation and branding before Oct 1st......hummmmm I wonder how I know?? :shock:

It looks to me like it's the current scheme upside down, but the top is silver with some dodgy lines on it.

I hope it looks like that one that was on here- the silver one with the lighter blue, keeping the cheatline but wavy.

post-2948-1123955066.jpg

00003381.jpg

Pretty!

This is rather exciting!