New Livery Unveiled Aug. 23

MarkMyWords said:
I kept looking at the grey on there and kept thinking that maybe it was the letter "S" from US Airways. Perhaps the name on the side of the plane is a larger font like AWA uses on the sides of their airplanes.
[post="288699"][/post]​

I took another look at it and it does look like an S and not the HP squigglies they have now. I remember seeing something about "billboard" style lettering and this would fit the bill in regards to that. It would also mean that the USAirways wouldnt be in uptight stuffed shirt font (I couldnt find that exact wording on my computer, but I'm sure everyone knows what I mean) but a more relaxed and stylized version. Whatever the outcome, I am looking forward to the unveiling next week.

Just an observation. I noticed that the "S" in U "S" Airways-at the bottom of the screen is smack down in the center of the partially "opened" curtain.....maybe it's a clue about the letter "S"??? Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not... MarkMyWords might indeed be on to something with the letter "S". Now-I'm turning into Nancy Drew...

If the picture is to scale, you can see the "S" and a window. The window is tiny compared to the S, so maybe the lettering on the side of the planes will be massive like it is on Frontier Airlines aircraft, with much smaller font size giving homage to Am West, Piedmont, Allegh., and PSA. Who knows.

However, I like the silvery gray top with the similar shade in the "S". Reminds me of the Scandinavian livery with their pearlescent paint and pearl/silver "Scandinavian" lettering.

Attachments

• Scandinavian.jpg
    Scandinavian.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 228
  • Frontier.jpg
    Frontier.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 217
I just got this email from the HP opt-in from corp. communications

LIVERY UNVEILING NEXT TUESDAY
Next Tuesday, Aug. 23, all US Airways and AWA employees are welcome to join in the festivities happening in the following five cities to commemorate the unveiling of the new
US Airways livery:

PHL 7 a.m. Gate A17
PIT 9:30 a.m. Gate B33
CLT 12:30 p.m. Gate B4
LAS 3:45 p.m. Gate B17
PHX 6:30 p.m. Hangar

*All times are local times. For those of you who will be unable to attend, photos will be posted on www.awaCompass.com on event day.

I think you call the U version of compass "The Hub" maybe they will have pictures posted on that as well

I think the logo-jets are pretty cool. They add a little something different to the fleet. They are an attention getter. I'd love to see one painted to kick off the launch of their Hawaii service.