Farewell From Your Local 40 President

Besides Jan Benard, who is still in inflght in PIT and a fair-minded sup, I found no supervisors that had any worth regardless whether they flew or not. In fact, they didn't want to fly and do everything in their power to hold those jobs and if that means being a "prick" of inflight, that is what they become especially in PHL. That is the way Jerry G has taught all of them from Director on down...specifically if they want to hold their jobs.

Hell, the worst of the bunches always got promoted in every concession.

And for your fyi...tedy did NOT write that language and was not part of the negotiating committee. Get your facts straight!
What about Peter? I thought he was fair minded. I always felt like he was one of us and could put himself in our shoes. Well anyway glad to see you're back, we missed you!!!!

Skyguy,

Management NEVER brought a job back to anyone as a gift. NO termination could be overturned in a grievance OR outside of a grievance without ligitimate, mitigating circumstances, bozo.

You may think you saw someone steal and you may think someone was smoking weed, but I know for a fact for those TWO issues you cite above THE COMPANY DOES NOT AND WILL NOT TOLERATE NO MATTER WHAT!!!!

Smoke that Peter Pan before you spout off on what you THINK you know!!! :angry:

The only reason Teddy found some success in representing her people is because management found her so "unpredictable". Fault that? They never knew what she was going to do or who she would expose and for what, to whom....that's why she was successful at what she did. Management hates "exposure" to the public, pax, employees, labor etc...

Has this been an issue? Do you really think this would stop a qualified person for applying for an inflight management position? Since this was put into place, has there been any people in inflight management that chose to go back to flying instead of giving up their seniority? Let me rephrase that, has the inflight department lost anyone worth anything because of this new rule?

Absolutely,

Peter Pelligrino, John Obrien... in PHL, not to mention a dozen or more great instructors/developers from PIT and CLT.

Skyguy,

You may think you saw someone steal and you may think someone was smoking weed, but I know for a fact for those TWO issues you cite above THE COMPANY DOES NOT AND WILL NOT TOLERATE NO MATTER WHAT!!!!

Are you trying to say this doesn't happen???? I hate to burst your bubble pitbull, it happens and it happens BAD!!!
The company knows and has been trying to figure out how to stop it. I was in numberous inflight meetings a year or so back and heard it ALL from the lips of Sherri Hendry. F/As are not perfect. Don't act as if they are.

And for your fyi...teddy did NOT write that language and was not part of the negotiating committee. Get your facts straight!

Um, er, teddy.

The MEC Chairperson is defined as a defacto member of the negotiating committee, per your own regulations.

and, btw, no member of a negotiating committee actually "writes" language. It is not considered "written" until accepted by the MEC, who is always free to re-write and send such a re-write back for re-negotiation. Said another way, the negotiating committee proposes and gets corporate approval for said proposals. The proposal must be accepted by the MEC before someone can actually say "it is written".

The negotiating committee is nothing more than a "tool" of the MEC. If the MEC doesn't like the message then send the negotiating committee back or re-constitute said committee.

Unfortunately, the MECs of both ALPA and AFA, depending on the ignorance of their memberships, kind of like to keep the misunderstanding going using the negotiating committees as whipping boys (girls) when things go bad (i.e. the MEC screws up).

Um, er, teddy.

The MEC Chairperson is defined as a defacto member of the negotiating committee, per your own regulations.

and, btw, no member of a negotiating committee actually "writes" language. It is not considered "written" until accepted by the MEC, who is always free to re-write and send such a re-write back for re-negotiation. Said another way, the negotiating committee proposes and gets corporate approval for said proposals. The proposal must be accepted by the MEC before someone can actually say "it is written".

The negotiating committee is nothing more than a "tool" of the MEC. If the MEC doesn't like the message then send the negotiating committee back or re-constitute said committee.

Unfortunately, the MECs of both ALPA and AFA, depending on the ignorance of their memberships, kind of like to keep the misunderstanding going using the negotiating committees as whipping boys (girls) when things go bad (i.e. the MEC screws up).

ahhh, Teddy was not the MECP in all of 2004. So there was no "defacto anything". You send things back to this neg. committee and they just write the language they fill like, specifically during the latter part of the implementation process.

Absolutely,

Peter Pelligrino, John Obrien... in PHL, not to mention a dozen or more great instructors/developers from PIT and CLT.
Are you trying to say this doesn't happen???? I hate to burst your bubble pitbull, it happens and it happens BAD!!!
The company knows and has been trying to figure out how to stop it. I was in numberous inflight meetings a year or so back and heard it ALL from the lips of Sherri Hendry. F/As are not perfect. Don't act as if they are.

Inflight meetings you attended? Never meant to imply that you were perfect in any position there "twice"...No one is perfect, and there are those cases that can be grieved and those that can't be and are screened. Or didn't you know that? If you were privy to specific internal grievance issues as an inflight worker, this is a breach of confidentiality and could cause termination in itself by the company, specifically "last chance agreements".

Teddy knew how to win cases that deserved to be overturned. Not every situation is rubber stamped and its the unions responsiblity to represent these cases.

This is why the union movement is truly dead.

Ignorant members waste their energy crucifying the few great leaders that remain, instead of getting involved, learning how things really work, and fighting the real battles.

Teddy, ya done good. Don't let the nattering nabobs of negativity get you down (as if you would let them get to you anyway).

ahhh, Teddy was not the MECP in all of 2004. So there was no "defacto anything". You send things back to this neg. committee and they just write the language they fill like, specifically during the latter part of the implementation process.
Inflight meetings you attended? Never meant to imply that you were perfect in any position there "twice"...No one is perfect, and there are those cases that can be grieved and those that can't be and are screened. Or didn't you know that? If you were privy to specific internal grievance issues as an inflight worker, this is a breach of confidentiality and could cause termination in itself by the company, specifically "last chance agreements".

Teddy knew how to win cases that deserved to be overturned. Not every situation is rubber stamped and its the unions responsiblity to represent these cases.

Has nothing to do with specific flight attendants. It is a problem across the board. You knew what I meant. I've never had anything to do with any grievences and never will as I will not "protect" those who don't deserve to keep a job for such blantant acts.

Well, just make sure you don't run for union office unless you give "full disclosure" on your ideals. After all, the company only keeps "perfect f/as" who are healthy, non- diseased and who live perfect existences. Don't know how old you are Twice, but look out when you start your 40s. Doesn't matter seniority at that point, matters if you are healthy. And if you reach your 14th year...you're a target to this company as a topped out f/as. I hope I'm still here to see these same 7-8 year f/as today who complained about senior f/as in about 7 years when they are topped out in pay, and become a burden to the company.

I know..."company good; union bad". :rolleyes:

Here's to good health to all! Cheers! :up:

Well, just make sure you don't run for union office unless you give "full disclosure" on your ideals. After all, the company only keeps "perfect f/as" who are healthy, non- diseased and who live perfect existences. Don't know how old you are Twice, but look out when you start your 40s. Doesn't matter seniority at that point, matters if you are healthy. And if you reach your 14th year...you're a target to this company as a topped out f/as. I hope I'm still here to see these same 7-8 year f/as today who complained about senior f/as in about 7 years when they are topped out in pay, and become a burden to the company.

I know..."company good; union bad". :rolleyes:

Here's to good health to all! Cheers! :up:
TRUE

Latest posts