AFA MEC Election Results

missthe727

Senior
Dec 19, 2006
MASTER EXECUTIVE COUNCIL ELECTION RESULTS

The members of the Master Executive Council elected the following Officers and Committee Chairs during today's session of the US Airways Master Executive Council meeting being held in Phoenix, AZ.

The voting members of the MEC are the Local Council Presidents:

Council 40 (PIT) Mark Gentile
Council 41 (DCA) Alin Boswell
Council 69 (BOS) Lynne Caramello
Council 70 (PHL) John McCorkle
Council 82 (LGA) Rob Wessinger
Council 89 (CLT) Ann Crowley

MEC PRESIDENT
Mike Flores (CLT)
MEC VICE PRESIDENT
Buddy Brannon (BOS)
MEC SECRETARY/TREASURER
Deb McCormick (PHL)
System Board Member (1)
Rob Wessinger (LGA)
Alternate System Board Member (2)
Mark Gentile (PIT)
Brian Morgan (PHL)
Scheduling Chairperson
Carol Austin (PHL)
Hotel Chairperson
Jody Compton (PIT)
Grievance Chairperson
Aida Marski (PHL)
EAP/PS/CIRP Chairperson
Deb McCormick (PHL)
ASHS (Safety) Chairperson
Barrington Johnson (CLT)
Web/Communications Chairperson
Chuck Cannaday (CLT)
Uniform Chairperson(s)-2-One Male and One Female
Brian Morgan (PHL)
Candi Covelli (PIT
Insurance, Retirement and Benefits Chairperson
Paul Frishkorn (PHL
Legislative Affairs Chairperson
Steve Schembs (DCA)
Due to the recent retirement of Legislative Chairperson, Marianne Moore, the MEC voted unanimously to install Steve Schembs to the position effective immediately. All other non-incumbents will take office effective January 1, 2008.

Thank you,

The US Airways Master Executive Council

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What was so hard about the UNION putting out a list of those running for MEC? I just don't understand the HUSH. What I AM starting to realize is the close nit party this really is ruling with the iron fist. A club that KEEPS their group together. Look at the list minus a few smaller titles. SAME OLD SAME OLD. WOW. It just amazes me that all of these threads about uniforms, airports and whatever the issue NEVER really caught on. Hmmmm nobody either cares or are not really educated about the union process enough to WANT answers within the f/a group. Ok, anyway back to talking uniforms and being armchair ceo's. :rolleyes: I can't WAIT for someone to say one word when I complain about a trashbag, boarding issue or the like. LOOK OUT.

What was so hard about the UNION putting out a list of those running for MEC? I just don't understand the HUSH. What I AM starting to realize is the close nit party this really is ruling with the iron fist. A club that KEEPS their group together. Look at the list minus a few smaller titles. SAME OLD SAME OLD. WOW. It just amazes me that all of these threads about uniforms, airports and whatever the issue NEVER really caught on. Hmmmm nobody either cares or are not really educated about the union process enough to WANT answers within the f/a group. Ok, anyway back to talking uniforms and being armchair ceo's. :rolleyes: I can't WAIT for someone to say one word when I complain about a trashbag, boarding issue or the like. LOOK OUT.
I was told that the LECPs don't want "a change of leaders with someone new in office" while we are in contract negotiations/merging...kind of like those that voted in George W. Bush for a second term because they thought we shouldn't change leadership in the middle of a war.....just look at where that has gotten this country.....

I could have read those results BEFORE the election. You've got the same LECPs voting for the same MEC officers and MEC Chairs. If there is no change in LECs, there will be no change on the MEC level. I don't know why there are even elections...why not have these folks just stay in for life...they do such fine work for the membership....

The MAIN lecp to get out of office is, once again, the PHL pres. I think the seat is infected with folks who DON'T WORK, HIRE OTHERS TO DO THEIR JOB AT THE MEMBERSHIP'S EXPENSE, AND THESE lecps just sit back, collect union dues $$; don't fly, and ensure they vote in the same "do nothing folks" on the MEc level.

The person who should be MECP is Buddy Brannon. He's the only MEC member, in my opinion, that is worth weight in gold. He know the C& B, knows the MEC policies, and know the players. He's by the book, and can inject democracy in the union business process. I am sure BOS and LGA did not vote for Mike F. But, the rest of the gang did because Mike does their communication as they sit back and let him rule the roost just because he has more "hot air" than the rest! Election results were no surprise here...

Same old tune.... :down: And you will have the same drum beat for many years to come. No one steps up to take the reins from these guys and its a shame there are no sets of balls among any of them to take on management. Too bad!

Latest posts