FA'S & PILOTS NEED TO CONTACT THE FAA

I think it was me being called a moron.

Anything can and IMO should be linked to securing a new contract.

What good is that contract going to do you when you are injured and CANNOT work anymore!!!!!

Maybe they should take airbags out of cars to bring down the price. Afterall, it is only safety!!!

I have seen a number of carts come crashing into the divider on landing... it is pretty scarey if you ask me. I would not want my finger to be on the arm rest when a run-away cart is coming down the aisle.

This is not something pretty "trivial". They won't let the plane take off without the right weight, but hey, a cart that is over 80 lbs and can run down the aisle and cut people's fingers off.. sure why not..

Not a really "warm and fuzzy feeling" for this customer.
In most cases, it takes an incident to happen to fix it. The longer it takes the money they save by not doing the proper thing. And the payoff is only percentages of the savings in the first place.

In most cases, it takes an incident to happen to fix it. The longer it takes the money they save by not doing the proper thing. And the payoff is only percentages of the savings in the first place.
Fine. Since we are all of a sudden concerned about too much ice and water in a cart, contact your local safety rep. Why the FAA? Drama.......

Contacting the FAA for an issue that should be brought up by other means needs to be the true focus. There are other directions flight attendants should use other than go directly to the FAA. Write up your problems and concerns to the AFA's Safety Committee at your base. Having written documentation of your concerns allows that committee to respond and more importantly act on what concerns you.

Safety committee's are set up at each base. Utilize them. Write up the problem and let them take your written concerns to the company. If enough written statements are taken to the company, a responce from them is warranted. Remember, unless you write it up, the company doesn't believe there is a problem. Let them voice your concerns for you.

Funny, funny, funny. Imagine AFA doing anything constructive for us. Unless, of course it benefits the blockholders.

Safety committee in Philadelphia ? Now you really have me peeing myself !!!
Apparently, you have not been introduced to the AFA safety chair in PHL (I said nothing about a PHL safety committee...). I can guarantee you nothing will get by her. To say she is thorough is the understatement of the year.

Oh NOTHING gets by her. The maint department scatters at the sight of her. She crawls around on hands and knees checking the life vests. And they better all be there on every flight :up:

Oh NOTHING gets by her. The maint department scatters at the sight of her. She crawls around on hands and knees checking the life vests. And they better all be there on every flight :up:
Right, so instead of running to the FAA if some of you are suddenly so worried about water and ice in a cart, why don't you contact the AFA Safety chair? She will get a he!! of a lot more accomplished than the FAA.....

I wasn't calling you a moron Bob. But, if there is something in violation it should be taken care of. I don't care if it's on the local level or the FAA itself. She the safety chair is NOT able to be on EVERY flight checking EVERY seat for vests. So, that being said it needs to be taken care of on a larger level possibly. Sure there are MANY and I do mean MANY other things that are important but one problem slips by and it manifests to a bunch of BS happening on a daily basis. Have you pulled some of those carts out and felt how heavy they are? The are certainly heavier than the 757/737-400 carts.

I wasn't calling you a moron Bob. But, if there is something in violation it should be taken care of. I don't care if it's on the local level or the FAA itself. She the safety chair is NOT able to be on EVERY flight checking EVERY seat for vests. So, that being said it needs to be taken care of on a larger level possibly. Sure there are MANY and I do mean MANY other things that are important but one problem slips by and it manifests to a bunch of BS happening on a daily basis. Have you pulled some of those carts out and felt how heavy they are? The are certainly heavier than the 757/737-400 carts.
So you were calling me a moron. Fine.

The purpose of the safety committee is to investigate and change these types of safety problems. Why on earth would you involve the FAA, when you haven't even informed the Safety Committee? If this is brought to the companys attention, and THEY choose to do nothing to remedy the situation, then you might have a case for calling the FAA. Moron. :lol:

Who even knows if this is even a PROBLEM? A case of water and 6 bags of ice weigh 120 lbs??? Hmm....

ANYONE NOTICING THAT THE NEW US Airways is packing the galley carts way over the maximum limit allowed, example = 80lb maximum weight cart full of water/ice totalling over 120lbs ! so why even bother with W & B ? Also, the newly configured 320's safety equipment is being stored in the galley = the most likely place for a fire to begin onboard !!!!!!! When will the madness STOP. I guess it will take a crash/fire to correct Tempes nonsense. I sent an email to the FAA today advising them of this and advise all pilots, FA's and customers to do so as well, for all of our safety!
Delta has Emergency Equip in their galley.

Who is Christine? If their are violations that can be reported vs not reported I think a new contract might help some of the more safety oriented flight attendents "Overlook" certain things like cart weight if you catch my drift.
She is a Fed that we out West are way too familiar with. Trust me, all of them know her (the Feds) and if someone complains about USAirways, she'll be all over it. And, she'll be all over it for YEARS. She is the reason we out West do things by the book.

She is a Fed that we out West are way too familiar with. Trust me, all of them know her (the Feds) and if someone complains about USAirways, she'll be all over it. And, she'll be all over it for YEARS. She is the reason we out West do things by the book.
And all this time I thought "Christine" had something to do with the movie. Thought it was something taboo. :huh:

Nothing the matter with doing things by the book.
The issue seems to be West's stricter interpretation of the regs. Those interpretations can be relaxed and still comply with the regs. West inflight management just needs to consult with the FAA and make the request.
Example: forward f/a can't go behind the wing. A stricter interpretation of f/a's being equitably distributed throughout the cabin.
My understanding is that procedure is being modified.
If someone out there can explain this better, have at it.