Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boeing 767

• Boeing 777

• Total voters

KSUpilot

Jun 6, 2006
Saw this in the Continental section of the board, and figured I'd start the same for AA.

There are two polls, one for the current AA fleet and one for the past AA fleet. I had to condense some of the aircraft into one catagory in order to fit them all.

EDIT!

Somehow I forgot to add the DC-10 and the MD-11 to the Past AA aircraft fleet, either I missed it or it they were not included in the list I based this poll on.

To fix this, just count the DC-10 and MD-11 in with the DC-2 through DC-9 option, as those are the closest related aircraft.

I noticed that as well... the DC10 was the core of AA's widebody fleet for almost 30 years, yet the Bae146 was around for less than four years and it gained a spot...

I was afraid of this happening. I was going by the list on Wikipedia.org, either the DC-10 is missing from that list or I accidently skipped over it. I'll see what I can do.

EDIT:

Okay see the first post, there is no way to edit polls, so just count the DC-10 and the MD-11 with the DC-2 thorugh DC-9 group, as those are the closest related aircraft.

I was afraid of this happening. I was going by the list on Wikipedia.org, either the DC-10 is missing from that list or I accidently skipped over it. I'll see what I can do.

EDIT:

Okay see the first post, there is no way to edit polls, so just count the DC-10 and the MD-11 with the DC-2 thorugh DC-9 group, as those are the closest related aircraft.

LOL. We all think alike. When I took the poll I was looking for it because I really enjoyed working it. I had some great times on those stinky planes.

LOL. We all think alike. When I took the poll I was looking for it because I really enjoyed working it. I had some great times on those stinky planes.

And there are so many Past Aircraft that you have to rope some into one big group, otherwise there is no way to fit them all. There are big differences between the 707 and the 727, however they are forced into the same group. And the DC-3 and DC-10 are entirely different aircraft all together. Oh well, you gotta do what you gotta do to fit them all in there.

Excuse me. The only thing relating the DC-10 and MD-11 to the DC2-9's is the fact that they were all built by the same company. I can't think of two a/c more different that the DC9/MD-80 and the DC10/MD11. :lol:

And, my first airplane flight was on a DC-3. I can assure you that it is not in any way, shape, form, or fashion like the late great, DC-10.

Excuse me. The only thing relating the DC-10 and MD-11 to the DC2-9's is the fact that they were all built by the same company. I can't think of two a/c more different that the DC9/MD-80 and the DC10/MD11. :lol:

And, my first airplane flight was on a DC-3. I can assure you that it is not in any way, shape, form, or fashion like the late great, DC-10.

See the post above yours, I express this very issue. I had to crunch them all into the same catagory in order to fit them all.

Close the poll and start over. At least group the wide bodies together and narrow bodies together. You can not group the DC-2 with the DC-10 or MD-11. It's not that hard to do.

My favorite present airplane is one that breaks enough so they need me, but not so much that I have to bust a gusset keeping up.:)

As far as the past, I can fix a DC10 almost intuitively, so it is a recent favorite. Although it was a lot more work, the DC6 seperated the men from the boys, so it could also be a past favorite for me. I didn't work on AA's DC3s, but I did cut my mechanical teeth on them. Nice to work on except for the perpetual de icer boots.

I find it passing strange to see all the Douglas DC planes lumped together for one tick. They really are quite different. Heck, the DC9 should be lumped with the MD80 series.

No surprise seeing the 737 with the big goose egg. The -800 for what little time I was on it was the biggest P.O.S. I ever flew. On the other side of the cockpit door I think its a pretty comfortable airplane otherwise.

Latest posts

Back