February FA Attrition

I can answer that question...unlike other work groups..the flight attendant corp includes tons of company tranfers..mostly ticket and reservations agents. All of these employees retain only their company seniority for vacation but start ALL OVER when it comes to bidding and pay! So how fair would it have been if a junior flight attendant who was an agent for American Airlines for 10 years got furloughed over a TWA flight attendant who was part of an aquisition? Answer that question!
This is the same at DL. However, we use company seniority for furloughs. So, a 10-year gate agent wouldn't be furloughed, even though their bidding and pay seniority were affected.

While most people from other airlines get that, try convincing your co- workers in the galley that this was unfair. That should keep you busy for awhile.. :lol:
The typical AA flight attendant is so wrapped up in himself/herself that I can't even convince them to clean up after themselves and leave a neat galley for the next flight attendant to use it. Why should I waste my time trying to convince them of the fairness or unfairness of the SIA.

I believe in the old saying, "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and it annoys the pig." :lol:

I can answer that question...unlike other work groups..the flight attendant corp includes tons of company tranfers..mostly ticket and reservations agents. All of these employees retain only their company seniority for vacation but start ALL OVER when it comes to bidding and pay! So how fair would it have been if a junior flight attendant who was an agent for American Airlines for 10 years got furloughed over a TWA flight attendant who was part of an aquisition? Answer that question!

As long as there have been unions in this country, and especially since the AFL-CIO was founded, the standard in mergers and acquisitions between two unionized workforces has been Date of Hire or some variation on that. All the other unions in the United States have managed to survive and the workforces get along.

Besides, if almighty John Ward and his minions had been willing to listen to the suggestions (based upon experience) from the former TW flight attendants during negotiations for the RPA, there wouldn't have been any furloughs. They had developed multiple ways during their past negotiations with TWA to avoid furloughs with other cost neutral concessions.

The typical AA flight attendant is so wrapped up in himself/herself that I can't even convince them to clean up after themselves and leave a neat galley for the next flight attendant to use it. Why should I waste my time trying to convince them of the fairness or unfairness of the SIA.
I believe in the old saying, "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and it annoys the pig." :lol:
As long as there have been unions in this country, and especially since the AFL-CIO was founded, the standard in mergers and acquisitions between two unionized workforces has been Date of Hire or some variation on that. All the other unions in the United States have managed to survive and the workforces get along.

Besides, if almighty John Ward and his minions had been willing to listen to the suggestions (based upon experience) from the former TW flight attendants during negotiations for the RPA, there wouldn't have been anyBesides, if almighty John Ward and his minions had been willing to listen to the suggestions (based upon experience) from the former TW flight attendants during negotiations for the RPA, there furloughs. They had developed multiple ways during their past negotiations with TWA to avoid furloughs with other cost neutral concessions.

Do you really believe that TWA flight attendants had the magic pill to stem all furloughs? When every other union workgroup on the premises had furloughs? When almost all major carriers laid off tens of thousands of people? But the TWA flight attendants had all the answers? The fact remains that some flight attendants had to be furloughed. The industry was in total turmoil.

I'm an AA flight attendant - we all are very gracious!!! Havent you learned that by now?!!

The facts are there was another proposal that avoided most if not all furloughs. The APFA (JW) chose not to consider the proposal because (he) had an alternative agenda. Value of contractual components are established at the time the item is negotiated. The value during concessionary talks is AT LEAST that value if not more. For the APFA (or any other union on the AA property) to allow AA to determine "value" was just plain stupid. All the press had to know was that the unions were WILLING to GIVE the asked for amts. to insure the return of financial health to AA. This plays right into the morality of executive bonuses. Is is moral and right for executives to receive these large bonus payments when their employees are still held to a concessionary agreement that was entered into SOLELY to help the Co regain financial health. And when Gerard Arpey publicly admits an "opps" that potentially cost the Co mucho $$$s in the lost China routes, should he still receive the "bonus"? The AA execs have been doing their jobs, just as all the workers at AA have been doing their jobs. No more, no less. I no, I would not have begrudged them the same 198 shares I received.

Just for the F/a class and craft: The "contribution" of the furloughed f/as is over $600,000,000(conservative #) vs the active f/as $340,000,000 (conservative #). That is a little disproportionate.

I'm an AA flight attendant - we all are very gracious!!! Havent you learned that by now?!!
Your use of the word "all" does not fit my personal experience on AA airplanes. For the most part AA F/As are graceful. But there is a small cadre who spend their time BSing in the galley with other F/As or sit on the jump seat reading. This group seems annoyed that passengers are even on the airplane. There are a few based in DFW who are just downright hateful and hostile towards TWA F/As. AA should file article 31s on such people.

Your use of the word "all" does not fit my personal experience on AA airplanes. For the most part AA F/As are graceful. But there is a small cadre who spend their time BSing in the galley with other F/As or sit on the jump seat reading. This group seems annoyed that passengers are even on the airplane. There are a few based in DFW who are just downright hateful and hostile towards TWA F/As. AA should file article 31s on such people.

So why bash us all for the "small cadre"? For a retired gal you sure are bitter.

So why bash us all for the "small cadre"? For a retired gal you sure are bitter.

The retired "gal" is a guy, and not a flight attendant. My experience also has been that the AA active f/as are on the most part very good f/as, just as we were (for the most part..lol). I think my main concern is 1. the lack of knowledge of their own workforce 2. apathy 3. the union's refusal to educate 4. apathy 5. the perception that voices like JNs is "the" voice of the active AA f/a. 6. apathy 7. lack of contract knowledge and union rights and RESPONSIBILITIES and 8. apathy

My daughter, her husband, and 6 family friends flew from STL-MIA this morning. She called and asked if she had to "dress up" in FC (full fare..lol). Boy have I trained her. I will be interested to see her "view" as a full fare pax vs a non rev. She has been flying since she was 2 months old (now almost 30) and has a good eye for the details. (she knows I will want) As I posted on another thread, the f/as flying the Intn flights (I've flown) have been superb. The domestic counter parts, so so. MIA being the best.

The retired "gal" is a guy, and not a flight attendant. My experience also has been that the AA active f/as are on the most part very good f/as, just as we were (for the most part..lol). I think my main concern is 1. the lack of knowledge of their own workforce 2. apathy 3. the union's refusal to educate 4. apathy 5. the perception that voices like JNs is "the" voice of the active AA f/a. 6. apathy 7. lack of contract knowledge and union rights and RESPONSIBILITIES and 8. apathy

My daughter, her husband, and 6 family friends flew from STL-MIA this morning. She called and asked if she had to "dress up" in FC (full fare..lol). Boy have I trained her. I will be interested to see her "view" as a full fare pax vs a non rev. She has been flying since she was 2 months old (now almost 30) and has a good eye for the details. (she knows I will want) As I posted on another thread, the f/as flying the Intn flights (I've flown) have been superb. The domestic counter parts, so so. MIA being the best.

Please clarify who "JN" is. There are several "JN"s in the workforce.