February Attrition

Thanks, MK. I wonder if we can surmise anything from the fact that the attrition for the first 2 months this year is substantially below first 2 months last year?

Jan 2005: 66
Jan 2006: 36

Feb 2005: 86
Feb 2006: 46

Though, I might add that I was talking to a rather senior LAX f/a yesterday. She said that the high sick call rate at LAX is senior f/as burning sick leave before they retire. We'll see.

I show 44, not 36, for Jan 06 attrition, although it isn't a big difference.

Yearly totals are more important than individual months. I show a high of 110 for May 2005 and a low of 46 in March of the same year. 2004 shows a low of 41 for April, and 228 for July, although the latter figure includes those who chose not to return from OVL, 91 for Sept and 105 for Nov.

If the figures stay in the forties for another couple of months, however, I might get a little worried. Could you please tell everyone how wonderful it is here on the outside?

MK

Thanks, MK. I wonder if we can surmise anything from the fact that the attrition for the first 2 months this year is substantially below first 2 months last year?

Jan 2005: 66
Jan 2006: 36

Feb 2005: 86
Feb 2006: 46

Though, I might add that I was talking to a rather senior LAX f/a yesterday. She said that the high sick call rate at LAX is senior f/as burning sick leave before they retire. We'll see.

==========================================================

ADDRESSED to: Garfield(the movie) 1966,

Is this TRUE ??? Abnormal SICK CALLS in LAX ??

Can YOU confirm, and possibly shed some Insite for us ??

NH/BB's

If the figures stay in the forties for another couple of months, however, I might get a little worried. Could you please tell everyone how wonderful it is here on the outside?

MK

In the last few weeks, I've been told by no fewer than 10 senior ladies that they plan to be gone by summer..all are under 500 seniority. They also seem to think that many of their cohorts will be gone within 1-2 yrs because after that, they'll start losing money due to the 'best 4 of your last 10 yrs' flying rule that determines their pension.

Tim

Just posted to the Flight Service website this morning...

February attrition was actually a little higher than we thought!

Domestic 35
International 17

Total: 52
Of these, 28 were retirements.

Average seniority of those leaving: 22 years.

Back