Field Station Fleet Service

NevadaHP

Senior
Aug 15, 2005
January 20, 2006
Field Station Brothers and Sisters,

As many of you have heard by now, Doug Parker wants the ability to contract out stations that have 69 or less mainline flights weekly. This ability to contract work out comes from the IAM contract. This could affect as many as 22 stations and 750 Employees. Mesa, Alaska, Frontier or any other service that you may do does not count towards the mainline flights. Only America West big jet service would count towards the 69 weekly flights. This is the biggest slap in the face that Doug Parker could ever do to the people that busted their butts to build this airline.

To show Doug how you feel there are a few things I think that you can do. First, you can all e-mail Doug through the www.awacompass.com website. Second, you can call the AWA switchboard at 480-693-0800 and ask for Doug Parker. You should all call and ask him why he wants the ability to outsource your work.

I am afraid that without your help we will not be able to save your jobs. I will do anything to help you. Your e-mails and calls are the best way to get your message across. There is an important survey that has been mailed to you. Please take a few minutes to fill it out and send it back in the prepaid envelope.

Fraternally,
Pat Rezler
President
TWU Local 580

:down: Dont let him do it boys ,merge with the IAM and
change the contract to take all stations back that the IAM gave up plus the ones that Parker want to contract out.
Even if it means a mailine express Pay in some. You dont want to work for a contracter.The CWA did it so there is
no reason why these 2 unions cant get toghter and make the
DEAL.

:down: Dont let him do it boys ,merge with the IAM and
change the contract to take all stations back that the IAM gave up plus the ones that Parker want to contract out.
Even if it means a mailine express Pay in some. You dont want to work for a contracter.The CWA did it so there is
no reason why these 2 unions cant get toghter and make the
DEAL.
Wow...I knew it was a metter of time with the new mgmnt....I am not ramp but I will calif it makes a difference...

If I may add an aside....

The current IAM proposal at NW entails outsourcing 79 of 119 stations across the US (that's ramp and CSA). :angry:

The threshold they would like to use is 50 mainline departures weekly (based on 2005 schedules), and like you folks, any airlink or 3rd party work currently handled would not count towards the total.

If I may add an aside....

The current IAM proposal at NW entails outsourcing 79 of 119 stations across the US (that's ramp and CSA). :angry:

The threshold they would like to use is 50 mainline departures weekly (based on 2005 schedules), and like you folks, any airlink or 3rd party work currently handled would not count towards the total.
Gee......I thought that the IAM was all for NOT outsourcing!! :shock:

If you think Doug's bad now, just wait until you have no union.
We at US have all been through it before and it will happen again!
We all may not like the IAM but the only other option will be no union and the company will sit down with each other, look at what you have and take or modify every aspect of what we have left. Things like unlimited outsourcing and whatever else they dream up. They even went as far as taking all of our holiday's from us, which we did not get back until we were able to successfully regain union representation. Not once did the company come to us as employees to sit down and ask us what we wanted, needed or desired. They didn't say well we feel sorry for you guys, we want to give you some holidays back, never happened.
So just imagine what it will be like going to work on Christmas day and getting nothing but straight pay. At least with a union (good or bad) you may still have some type of fighting chance.
Remember the 50% + 1 election under the NMB will result in NO UNION AT ALL. :down:

If you think Doug's bad now, just wait until you have no union.
We at US have all been through it before and it will happen again!
We all may not like the IAM but the only other option will be no union and the company will sit down with each other, look at what you have and take or modify every aspect of what we have left. Things like unlimited outsourcing and whatever else they dream up. They even went as far as taking all of our holiday's from us, which we did not get back until we were able to successfully regain union representation. Not once did the company come to us as employees to sit down and ask us what we wanted, needed or desired. They didn't say well we feel sorry for you guys, we want to give you some holidays back, never happened.
So just imagine what it will be like going to work on Christmas day and getting nothing but straight pay. At least with a union (good or bad) you may still have some type of fighting chance.
Remember the 50% + 1 election under the NMB will result in NO UNION AT ALL. :down:
when TWU successfully argues that your furloughed employees that have been gone for more than a yr dont get a vote in the election Im sure the 50 +1 will come out. I mean geez all you hard core union people in PIT and PHL should have no problem getting massive votes and Im sure CLT will vote bcuz the IAM has screwed them so bad they want TWU. Then all Field stations will have massive turnout due to the fact they will be outsourced or fired if they dont vote, so its kinda like saying to them if you want a job vote.

I will say it again in Fleet Service we have NEVER got 50% of any vote. Like the other poster said you have no idea how bad it will be whn you have NO UNION at all.
And just like the mechanic stuff going on...........why wouldn't people come out to vote...........or pick up the phone to vote??? Makes ZERO sense. Won't people realize that a change is possible?? Change has happened and not always for the better. So get 'em out there and VOTE!!

As in, "At least you'll have a job" scared :down:
Union intimidation? Management intimidation? Innuendos? Employees just don't give a care any more because they've been taken from over and over and don't think it can or will ever change? You got to try and yeah, it's easy for me to say, but it's really not, since I'm not from the "east" side. But why are employees/members just willing to lay down and take it over and over and over again?? Escapes me.

when TWU successfully argues that your furloughed employees that have been gone for more than a yr dont get a vote in the election Im sure the 50 +1 will come out. I mean geez all you hard core union people in PIT and PHL should have no problem getting massive votes and Im sure CLT will vote bcuz the IAM has screwed them so bad they want TWU. Then all Field stations will have massive turnout due to the fact they will be outsourced or fired if they dont vote, so its kinda like saying to them if you want a job vote.
:mf_boff: See This little face that will be you in front and Doug Parker in the back when the union is decertified.
You guys just don't get, do you.

Time and time again, everyone at US East has been telling you that we will not win any election period.

Why is it that when we try to tell you guys what will happen, you just don't listen.....
It is like telling your kids not to do something and they just can't help themselves.

Hard core union, yes we are. We are not taking sides here (IAM vs TWU) Believe me I wish it were that simple.

What we are trying to tell you is that no matter how rosey you try to paint the picture about this one and that one coming out to vote, it's just not a reality.

If we vote, we will be non-union PERIOD

I just hope that we can convince all you guys before it's too late! :huh: