IAM Fleet Service Transition Information 6/9/2006

I agree Dell, Parker is in this for Parker and all of us workers are just a pain in the tail end that he has to tolerate to get his bonuses. I keep having hopes that the Kool-Aid drinkers will wake up sometime.

So far, it seems to me that Parker is a straight up guy with integrity. Can anyone from AWA comment on whether or not he has lied about anything. Let's not confuse business with personhood.

Judging from all the US AIRWAYS CEO's going back to Shick and Schofield, I would say that Parker seems to be the one guy who can come through with a business plan that will sustain & increase jobs for you people.

As for his negotiations stance on subjecting many of the AWA stations to IAM contracting out terms, it is business that was agreed to by the IAM and the majority of workers, when other choices existed.

regards,

After reading the proposal, they already have the westies losing holiday, vacation, short and long term disability, 401k and match on jan 1, 07. What else will they have to give up.... the IAM needs to push for a new contract......

After reading the proposal, they already have the westies losing holiday, vacation, short and long term disability, 401k and match on jan 1, 07. What else will they have to give up.... the IAM needs to push for a new contract......

The IAM had that opportunity however they went after the dues instead by not pushing against the Judge Abrogated contract. Now they are not in position to bargain.

I find it disturbing that 'union' people are not educated enough to realize that there is a signed contract on your property that is IAM "iron Clad". I think when 580 bailed out on representing the westies, that was a sign of things to come in which westies will lose a great deal. As bad as the west contract was, it was significantly better than the IAM's.

At any rate, put yourself in Parker's shoes. And exactly why is it that he should give any ramper anything more than what the IAM already agreed for the next 5 years?

IMO, he will eventually give back paid sick time in return for increased flexibility of work rules or hours of service matters. Just a guess, but you can bank on one thing if you get paid sick time back then the IAM will give up dearly elsewhere AND workers will most likely approve it.

regards,

No he has not lied to my face but I have had enough of his "I will get back to you" 's to choke a Missouri Jackass. So on that note trust him no further than you can spit backwards.

The IAM had that opportunity however they went after the dues instead by not pushing against the Judge Abrogated contract. Now they are not in position to bargain.

I find it disturbing that 'union' people are not educated enough to realize that there is a signed contract on your property that is IAM "iron Clad". I think when 580 bailed out on representing the westies, that was a sign of things to come in which westies will lose a great deal. As bad as the west contract was, it was significantly better than the IAM's.

At any rate, put yourself in Parker's shoes. And exactly why is it that he should give any ramper anything more than what the IAM already agreed for the next 5 years?

IMO, he will eventually give back paid sick time in return for increased flexibility of work rules or hours of service matters. Just a guess, but you can bank on one thing if you get paid sick time back then the IAM will give up dearly elsewhere AND workers will most likely approve it.

regards,

When will the "new" agreement expire

IAM has never seen a concessionary contract it didn't like.

Northwest employees approve concessions

By JOSHUA FREED, AP Business Writer Fri Jun 9, 7:38 PM ET

MINNEAPOLIS - Baggage handlers and ramp workers at Northwest Airlines Corp. on Friday approved concessions aimed at helping the carrier emerge from bankruptcy protection.

The same workers had rejected an earlier set of concessions. The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, which represents the workers, said the renegotiated deal wasn't quite as bad as the first one.

The IAM approval leaves only flight attendants without a concessionary deal among Northwest's large unions. But none of the new contracts take effect until they all do.

The new contract with the baggage handlers and ramp workers passed with 62 percent of the vote. It cuts wages 11.5 percent and allows Northwest to lay off roughly 700 workers. The IAM has said Northwest once sought to lay off as many as 3,100 of its members.

Northwest will save $190 million a year on its new pacts with 12,200 IAM-represented workers, including ticketing and reservations workers who approved their own concessions in March.

The five-year deal approved on Friday allows Northwest to outsource some ground work such as baggage handling and equipment operating at stations with few flights, although the carrier agreed to keep IAM workers at the 40 airports where it has the most flights. It allows Northwest to outsource food catering and loosened rules about part-time workers.

Other changes include reducing pay by 25 percent during a worker's first seven sick days, and the loss of three paid holidays.

However, the new plan includes a profit-sharing proposal too.

"It's a solemn, gloomy day. No one's happy about this," said Bobby De Pace, who runs the IAM branch that includes Northwest employees. "I know our members are not happy. This is something where our members knew there wasn't much of a choice."

De Pace said the union made the deal because Northwest might have been allowed to impose terms that would have been even worse.

"We negotiated today so we can negotiate tomorrow," he said.

Northwest President and Chief Executive Doug Steenland said the company appreciates "the significant financial sacrifices that our IAM employees and their families have made and are continuing to make to help Northwest restructure successfully."

On Friday afternoon, Northwest and flight attendants met with a bankruptcy court judge in New York on Northwest's request to throw out their contract and impose its own terms.

The flight attendants have said they might strike if that happens, although the airline is seeking to block that move.

The Ramp voted down their first concessionary agreement.

And the TWU approved concessions at AA without being in bankruptcy.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

[quote name='barbeetantrums' date=
terms.

Well I hope that we see improvement in pay and sick time as well as vacation.
If you look at what they did for customer service they got some improvments which included pay in there agreement.
I for one dont think DP wants a war with the fleet group.
While it is true we could end up with what we have now I just dont see it happening.
If you look at what NW settled for there top pay 17.88 is higher than the top pay now in our contract and 2.00 higher than the non hubs. Which is a crime if you ask me.
That is one of the worst parts of this contact that there are 2 pay scales.
From the info I have heard from our AGC that first proposel wont stand and this make take some time.

My guess is change of control is on the table the only thing with bite at the table for IAM…. GOOD LUCK. Hope your guys give CWA something to build on