IAM Fleet Service Transition Information 6/9/2006

Jimmy Neutron

Veteran
Dec 2, 2005
Here is the 1st proposition from US Airways to the IAM integrating Fleet Service.

Be Aware that this is what US Airways (Doug Parker and Co.) wants and is a proposal to basically screw all of the west employees by just trying to shove the BK agreement down everyone's throats, so we could only imagine what would have happened to this group if we would have ended up non-union.

I was assured by those involved in this process that the IAM will fight very hard to have some of the good things in each contract implemented into the final transition agreement.

But be aware that the company's main negotiator Al Hemingway will do everything in his power to screw the workers. For all who thought Doug Parker is the greatest thing since peanuts you will get to see his true colors now.

So with that being said, lets's give feedback and encouragement to all those invoved in this process so we can all get a final transition agreement we can live with.

The two sides will meet July 7 and in the third week of July for three days.

It's time that all of us (East and West) start sticking together and thinking as one for the betterment of all.

http://www.iam141.org/usairway.htm#TransitionProposal

"I was assured by those involved in this process that the IAM will fight very hard to have some of the good things in each contract implemented into the final transition agreement".

That has got to be the best line that I have heard in a while. The day that the IAM fights for anything for it's members, will be a first. The only fighting that I have seen from the IAM was the brawl in PHL..... :eek:

Well if that were the case then they would have just accepted and signed the companies transition proposal that would effectively just implement all aspects of the IAM, judge abrocated, BK. contract on all of the west employees.

After all, you all seem to know so much about how it should work. Why is it that you can bash the unions all day long, but anytime the company pays a huge bonus to useless executives or sell millions in stock options at your expense and files BK. just to throw out your wages, work rules and pensions, all you do is complain that the union did nothing for you? It's time to wake up and see who's really screwing the workers for a change.

Again the true Doug Parker and Company will finally show its true colors and what they really think of us as frontline workers who actually make this company work.

Well if that were the case then they would have just accepted and signed the companies transition proposal that would effectively just implement all aspects of the IAM, judge abrocated, BK. contract on all of the west employees.

After all, you all seem to know so much about how it should work. Why is it that you can bash the unions all day long, but anytime the company pays a huge bonus to useless executives or sell millions in stock options at your expense and files BK. just to throw out your wages, work rules and pensions, all you do is complain that the union did nothing for you? It's time to wake up and see who's really screwing the workers for a change.

Again the true Doug Parker and Company will finally show its true colors and what they really think of us as frontline workers who actually make this company work.
IAM contract= lowest common denominator

There you go typical response, it's ok for all the executives at US Airways to be handed money on a silver platter, but when the workers try to just get whats fair you bash the union.

There you go typical response, it's ok for all the executives at US Airways to be handed money on a silver platter, but when the workers try to just get whats fair you bash the union.

Jim not trying to burst your bubble but a wise man once said show me a mans past performance and that will show his future performance! The track record to date with the IAM has been not stellar more like dismal and if you think for one minute the IAM is going to get anything more for us other than the present garbage contract shoved down the throats of the US West. I've seen the IAM past performance which was garbage contracts and thats what the future performance will be garbage contracts! The new US west FSA grab your ankles and prepare for the worst contract you have ever seen shoved straight up your______!

Jim not trying to burst your bubble but a wise man once said show me a mans past performance and that will show his future performance! The track record to date with the IAM has been not stellar more like dismal and if you think for one minute the IAM is going to get anything more for us other than the present garbage contract shoved down the throats of the US West. I've seen the IAM past performance which was garbage contracts and thats what the future performance will be garbage contracts! The new US west FSA grab your ankles and prepare for the worst contract you have ever seen shoved straight up your______!
It should be different without the bankruptcy judge mitchell rubber stamping every company wish. The iam has to perform for fleet, otherwise if or when there is a vote for mechanic and related they will be watching closely. Do us proud iam, alot would rather keep you around but are very disappointed (I'm being nice) with your past performance even before the bankruptcy. Its your turn to step up and prove you can once again be a real union.

I speak from experience, as I WAS represented by the IAM for a few years. They will make it appear as if they are
"Fighting" for something to make it look good, but in the end they will cave in as usual. I was one of the unfortunate ones that happened to be in a Class 2 station that was outsoured just over a year ago. I have dealt with the IAM and their "Lip-Service" before, and rarely if ever saw any true Fighting done by them for the Fleet group. To add to the outsourcing issue, they even let the company slip in the little clause that puts those who are furloughed back to STARTING RATE OF PAY after 60 days!!!
I am fully aware that the company was in BK but I have learned a lot about what really took place behind closed doors with the IAM boys from PHL sitting at the table and
"Fighting" for those of us in the class 2 stations.
I wish that they would have fought 1/2 as much for us as they did with the TWU reps.... :down:

We in the west only hope that, Ron Roth, the PHX rep in these discussions, has some input and is not shut down summarily or punched in the face by Fat Tony. Ron is a god who walks among us inferior mortals. What an asset he could be to IAM. The skinny, bald man oozes class. Charisma like Jack Kennedy and blend in the charms of MLK, Gandhi, Jesus Christ, and the Dalai Lama. Experience, people skills, inate leadership ability, and eloquence. When Ron was made they broke the mould.

We in the west only hope that, Ron Roth, the PHX rep in these discussions, has some input and is not shut down summarily or punched in the face by Fat Tony. Ron is a god who walks among us inferior mortals. What an asset he could be to IAM. The skinny, bald man oozes class. Charisma like Jack Kennedy and blend in the charms of MLK, Gandhi, Jesus Christ, and the Dalai Lama. Experience, people skills, inate leadership ability, and eloquence. When Ron was made they broke the mould.

I believe the one guy 'appointed' by the IAM from LAS is actually a USeast employee or was. If he's the same guy then I think he worked for USeast out of MEM.

At any rate, don't put too much stock in opening negotiations. If the workers get anything more than what they have then it will be because of Parker, not the IAM. I mean, what strength does the IAM have anyways, or any union who allowed itself to get in this position?

regards,

I believe the one guy 'appointed' by the IAM from LAS is actually a USeast employee or was. If he's the same guy then I think he worked for USeast out of MEM.

At any rate, don't put too much stock in opening negotiations. If the workers get anything more than what they have then it will be because of Parker, not the IAM. I mean, what strength does the IAM have anyways, or any union who allowed itself to get in this position?

regards,

Personally, I believe IAM's leadership will hold out long enough to see how much payola and baksheesh they can receive from US management to cave in.

thought you guys worshipped the ground he walks on?

first warning was all the screws that came from U/HR dept ala Glass and his merry band of pranksters....but most were swooning on the AWA koolaid.....just like the Jonestown sect......wow I feel sick all of the sudden......

I agree Dell, Parker is in this for Parker and all of us workers are just a pain in the tail end that he has to tolerate to get his bonuses. I keep having hopes that the Kool-Aid drinkers will wake up sometime.

I agree Dell, Parker is in this for Parker and all of us workers are just a pain in the tail end that he has to tolerate to get his bonuses. I keep having hopes that the Kool-Aid drinkers will wake up sometime.

The Kool-Aid drinkers AWA will not wake up in the environment that has been carefully prepared for them. It will take a shock to their system before they will even open one of their eyes. You are correct, DP is out for DP and you know that will never change. He will say and promise whatever it takes to make his reputation in the business world. :)

The Kool-Aid drinkers AWA will not wake up in the environment that has been carefully prepared for them. It will take a shock to their system before they will even open one of their eyes. You are correct, DP is out for DP and you know that will never change. He will say and promise whatever it takes to make his reputation in the business world. :)
And it goes way lower than DP. Self preservation is the name of the game.