Firefox and the forums

Admin said:

Can you be more specific as to what is NOT working in IE? Perhaps upload a screenshot. Also, specifically what version of Windows and IE?

Everything appears to be working normally now.

To:  Admin

I'm posting this on the forum because I can not get send a message feature to work in IE or Chrome.  When the problems started with the forum the other day, I tried creating this DFW-FA id in the hope that the board problems were just a glitch with my jimntx id which I have had since I became a member about 10 years ago.  It appears that the jimntx id has been deleted or inactivated.  Is there any chance I can get it back?

Thanks.

On the send a message problem.  In IE when I click on send a message button (or, I click on the email icon then Compose new) all I get is a ghosted barely visible popup box.  In Chrome, nothing happens at all when I click on send a message button.  If I go to email feature and click on Compose new, I get the composition popup, and I can type a message, but when I click on send, I get the error message that the message must be longer than 3 characters????

Jim, just sent you a IM under your jimntx user name. The message didn't get rejected and it appears that the username jimntx is still active.

DFW-FA said:
To:  Admin

I'm posting this on the forum because I can not get send a message feature to work in IE or Chrome.  When the problems started with the forum the other day, I tried creating this DFW-FA id in the hope that the board problems were just a glitch with my jimntx id which I have had since I became a member about 10 years ago.  It appears that the jimntx id has been deleted or inactivated.  Is there any chance I can get it back?

Thanks.

On the send a message problem.  In IE when I click on send a message button (or, I click on the email icon then Compose new) all I get is a ghosted barely visible popup box.  In Chrome, nothing happens at all when I click on send a message button.  If I go to email feature and click on Compose new, I get the composition popup, and I can type a message, but when I click on send, I get the error message that the message must be longer than 3 characters????

As Knotbuyinit mentioned your jimntx account is fully active. You should be able to use the lost password reset procedure to log in if you are unable to remember your password. If you can't get that to work let me know.

I'm using Chrome and just tested the PM feature and it worked fine for me. Perhaps clear the cache of your browser and see if that fixes it? Are you behind some type of proxy perhaps?

I can not even log on to jimntx.  If I try with IE, I get the HTTP: Internal Error 500--Website can not display requested page.

If I try to logon to jimntx using Chrome, after I enter password and hit enter the screen just goes white.  If I use the back button it goes to Google home search page.  If I try to then access www.airlineforums.com again, the screen is totally blank.  I have to close Chrome completely and start over to even get the forum home page.

I've already cleared cached and deleted browsing history once in Chrome.  Will try it again with both Chrome and IE.

P.S.  This is the second time I have entered this post.  The first time when I clicked on post, I was logged off of the forum and got the message "you do not have permission to perform that function."  ???

DFW-FA said:
I can not even log on to jimntx.  If I try with IE, I get the HTTP: Internal Error 500--Website can not display requested page.

If I try to logon to jimntx using Chrome, after I enter password and hit enter the screen just goes white.  If I use the back button it goes to Google home search page.  If I try to then access www.airlineforums.com again, the screen is totally blank.  I have to close Chrome completely and start over to even get the forum home page.

I've already cleared cached and deleted browsing history once in Chrome.  Will try it again with both Chrome and IE.

P.S.  This is the second time I have entered this post.  The first time when I clicked on post, I was logged off of the forum and got the message "you do not have permission to perform that function."  ???

I'm not having any type of problems like that and I'm using Chrome. It sounds like something is up with your computer man.

I just tried both IE and Chrome after clearing cache and deleting browsing history.  Same result with added note.  Once I got the blank screen in Chrome, I had to delete browsing history again to get anything in Chrome other than the Google home page.

My computer works fine on all websites except AirlineForums.com.