First Class Soldiers

latreal

Advanced
Jun 10, 2003
Returning soldiers ride first-class
Travelers switched seats
Thursday, July 15, 2004 Posted: 11:44 AM EDT (1544 GMT)

DALLAS, Texas (AP) -- Eight soldiers flying home from Iraq for two weeks of R&R flew in style instead of coach after first-class passengers offered to swap seats with them.

"The soldiers were very, very happy, and the whole aircraft had a different feeling," flight attendant Lorrie Gammon told The Dallas Morning News in Thursday's editions.

The June 29 seat-swap on American Airlines Flight 866 from Atlanta to Chicago started before boarding, when a businessman approached one of the soldiers and traded his seat.

When the swapping was done, "the other two first-class passengers wanted to give up their seats, too, but they couldn't find any more soldiers," Gammon said.

Another flight attendant, Candi Spradlin, said she was impressed with the acts of good will.

"If nothing else, those soldiers got a great homecoming," she said.

That is so nice...I have had soldiers returning from Afghanistan on a few of my flights, noone has offered to trade seats, but I can assure you the crew (cockpit included) most certainly have gone out of their way for them.

This had to be one of the best news stories to be seen in the press in a long time! I wish the press would start focusing on the good things (which is in the majority)that are happening in Iraq and quit reporting nothing but bad stuff. Start reporting nothing but good stuff and the troublemakers over there won't have an audience to spread their B.S.

PRINCESS KIDAGAKASH said:
This had to be one of the best news stories to be seen in the press in a long time! I wish the press would start focusing on the good things (which is in the majority)that are happening in Iraq and quit reporting nothing but bad stuff. Start reporting nothing but good stuff and the troublemakers over there won't have an audience to spread their B.S.
AMEN!!!!!!!!!! but alas the left wing liberal news media will continue to post only doom and gloom. :(

local 12 proud said:
AMEN!!!!!!!!!! but alas the left wing liberal news media will continue to post only doom and gloom. :(
This is a "good news" story. It a refreshing and positive piece about human kindness.

However, unlike the news of the quagmire in Iraq, which concern the nation's security and economy, this kind deed has no effect or influence, whatsoever, on our daily lives.

Latest posts