Fleet service clerks are filing for a representational vote @JetBlue

SWAMECH

Veteran
Apr 26, 2005
Well, the fleet crew is smart enough to call for an election to be represented prior to this hook up with Spirit Airlines. So, for that I say congrats on doing it now PRIOR to the combo so that the membership will be represented going into the combo/merger/seniority integration. Way to go guys and gals and good luck on the vote if the NMB does approve.
JetBlue Mechanics need to step up to the plate and get their cards signed and in before they get left out alone while all the other groups are getting represented...

Here is an updated version of this article with a big misprint in it. The misprint comes in the 3rd para and I posted it below as well as the full article at the bottom. Hey JetBlue, Southwest has NEVER furloughed nor laid off any employees for 50 years and still going...

3rd para:
JetBlue opposes the effort. The New York-based carrier said in a statement that in "addition to providing competitive pay, benefits and opportunities in a safe environment, JetBlue is the only major U.S. airline that has not furloughed" crewmembers in its 22-year history "even during the pandemic, and we remain the industry’s only airline with a no-furlough commitment in place."

Entire article:

Happy for the employees getting represented prior to the combo. A correction may be in order here...

Here is an updated version of this article with a big misprint in it. The misprint comes in the 3rd para and I posted it below as well as the full article at the bottom. Hey JetBlue, Southwest has NEVER furloughed nor laid off any employees for 50 years and still going...

3rd para:
JetBlue opposes the effort. The New York-based carrier said in a statement that in "addition to providing competitive pay, benefits and opportunities in a safe environment, JetBlue is the only major U.S. airline that has not furloughed" crewmembers in its 22-year history "even during the pandemic, and we remain the industry’s only airline with a no-furlough commitment in place."

Entire article:

Happy for the employees getting represented prior to the combo. A correction may be in order here...
I posted the press release from the IAM. Don’t need multiple threads on the same issue.

Southwest has indeed furloughed when they closed res centers. They just don't count it because everyone had the opportunity to move to another city (knowing a lot of the employees were second income moms who would never move their families...)

Nov 4, 2003
Southwest Airlines today announced the consolidation of its nine Reservations Centers into six. The move follows a steady decline in call volume over the last few years as Customers have chosen other means for booking their Southwest Airlines travel. Employees from its Dallas, Little Rock, and Salt Lake City Centers, totaling approximately 1,900, will be allowed to relocate to one of Southwest's six other Reservations Centers. The three Centers are scheduled to close on February 28, 2004.

"This was a difficult decision, but one that assures that those Employees who choose to relocate can continue their careers with Southwest Airlines," said Jim Parker, Southwest's Vice Chairman and CEO. "Our superb Reservations Employees will be given the opportunity to transfer to one of our six remaining Reservations Centers, which are located in Albuquerque, Chicago, Houston, Oklahoma City, Phoenix, and San Antonio. Our desire is to balance operating costs and our Employee resources with the way our Customers choose to do business with us."

And of note, WN is now closing all of its contact centers and going fully remote, something they couldn't do in 2003.

Reactions: WeAAsles
Correction/Update
No filing, as of yet, with the NMB. All this news flash is the union claiming they will file with the NMB. Sorry for throwing it out there prematurely, but I do hope the employees do get their chance at a vote to unionize after NMB approval if they do end up filing and approving. Always smart to go into a combo fully represented. Maybe we will see the NMB filing sometime this week from the NMB...

Correction/Update
No filing, as of yet, with the NMB. All this news flash is the union claiming they will file with the NMB. Sorry for throwing it out there prematurely, but I do hope the employees do get their chance at a vote to unionize after NMB approval if they do end up filing and approving. Always smart to go into a combo fully represented. Maybe we will see the NMB filing sometime this week from the NMB...

You do realize that yesterday was Sunday right. 🤦‍♂️ And the last update was from the 19th to the 23rd and the IAM filed on the 23rd. Check back at the end of the week.

OOPS! Is this a misprint? AMFA National what says you?? I am posting a para from an article this morning that says AMFA will nego after unionization. Say what?? Here's the para below:

"Following unionization, AMFA is expected to engage in talks with JBLU for higher pay, better working conditions and other related factors for the ground workers. This is likely to elevate costs at the currently Zacks Rank #3 (Hold) JBLU, which could have possibly prevented management from taking a decision in favor of unionization."

Here's full article from Zacks below:

A very interesting flub when AMFA has a current card drive going on to represent the mechanics and related which started with the MC's. The fleet and ground crews are indeed smart to look at getting union representation prior to the possible combo of Spirit and JB.
The Mechanics need to get it in gear soon and get a vote approved to bring in AMFA to represent them for this upcoming combo. As Spirit Mechanics already ARE AMFA represented as they just voted AMFA in as they saw it needed for the combo.

Correction/Update

NMB posted week 19-23 yesterday and still no filing listed for IAM to call for an election for the ground crew. Does not mean it won't happen though, as I have seen in past election filings, even when posted on Thursday's or Friday's of prior weeks, they are slow to update their web pages. It may be after this weekend (Next Mon) when we will see if there is a filing filed with the NMB. They just didn't post it on the weekly update of 19-23. Maybe the IAM didn't file on that week and waited to do so this week and will get updated next week. Gotta just love the snail paced NMB...

OOPS! Is this a misprint? AMFA National what says you?? I am posting a para from an article this morning that says AMFA will nego after unionization. Say what?? Here's the para below:

"Following unionization, AMFA is expected to engage in talks with JBLU for higher pay, better working conditions and other related factors for the ground workers. This is likely to elevate costs at the currently Zacks Rank #3 (Hold) JBLU, which could have possibly prevented management from taking a decision in favor of unionization."

Here's full article from Zacks below:

A very interesting flub when AMFA has a current card drive going on to represent the mechanics and related which started with the MC's. The fleet and ground crews are indeed smart to look at getting union representation prior to the possible combo of Spirit and JB.
The Mechanics need to get it in gear soon and get a vote approved to bring in AMFA to represent them for this upcoming combo. As Spirit Mechanics already ARE AMFA represented as they just voted AMFA in as they saw it needed for the combo.
Can’t negotiate for B6 mechanics they aren’t unionized and they aren’t represented by SCAMFA

Thought I would check in on the NMB status later in this week to see if they added any late updates for the filing @jb for the ground workers to get a vote on unionizing.
Checked weekly reports as well as new dockets, mediation cases, and settlements and still no filing is posted as of yet. If was sent in late last week, the slow arse NMB probably won't post until next week. They have just been so overwhelmed as of lately with all the "New Docket" filings from all the airlines and Mechanics groups requesting AMFA to represent them with a more desired Class and Craft Union Representation. :)

Reactions: SharoninSAT
Checked in on the NMB site and still no posting about a filing for the ground crew at JB filing. Should be seeing it on Mon of next week with how the NMB operates in the past.

9/30/2022

986B0713-A83F-493C-953E-D24552FBDF08.jpeg

Wow, still nothing posted on NMB site for the ground workers at JB wanting to get a union representation vote. Not saying it won't happen but man, usually the NMB has previously week's updates posted by 10am Eastern. Not sure what the hold up might be here, unless, not all "T" and "I" didn't get crossed and dotted when filing for the request.
Maybe by end of day today, we shall see...

• Haha
Reactions: WeAAsles
Wow, still nothing posted on NMB site for the ground workers at JB wanting to get a union representation vote. Not saying it won't happen but man, usually the NMB has previously week's updates posted by 10am Eastern. Not sure what the hold up might be here, unless, not all "T" and "I" didn't get crossed and dotted when filing for the request.
Maybe by end of day today, we shall see...
Are you blind?

The letter posted is from the NMB.
Jeez dude.1C2F314F-9900-4513-8649-F6807A7A4426.jpeg