Flight Attendant Itd Fence

One of the big rumours out there folks on the line, is that the domestic/transatlantic fence will be coming down sometime this year for the flight attendants. Can anyone shed some light on this?
I really think that it is in the best thing to do. I just cant see the reason behind keeping the fence up. What a change of productivity! For crying out loud....most if not all of us FAs are A330 qualified now. If we are qualified, let us fly a LGW trip. All the senior people that complain about it coming down sure are senior enough to hold the trips regardless of a fence.

Transatlanticguy: I see your point and even though all F/A's are 330 qualified there are still alot of differences in hand. I am not really sure what they are since I have never been over the Pond. :blink:

ktflyhome said:
Transatlanticguy: I see your point and even though all F/A's are 330 qualified there are still alot of differences in hand. I am not really sure what they are since I have never been over the Pond. :blink:
The only thing that is diffrent and that is a slight one is the service. Correct me if Im wrong but when I started ITD in 1997(im now back on domestic), I believe the main reason a fence was put up was because of the new Envoy program. The company wanted FAs who specialized in the Envoy "experience". Well Envoy is now a shadow of its former self. Any FA can pick up the serice flow in Envoy after one trip I can guess. Y class service pretty uch mirrors the old domestic hot meal service tot he west coast. OH WELL...only time will tell.

Latest posts