Flight Attendant Vol Furlough #s

According to the AFA US Airways website close to 1000 active FAs have requested a 6mo-3yr Vol Furlough effective 12/2. The company now says they need to reduce the FA # by 915 due to a reduction in weekday flying starting in Dec. Has anyone else heard anythign about this reduction in flying?

As of a few days ago it stood at 24 people taking the separation however, only 7 were active F/A's so only 7 count toward a headcount reduction.

It looks as if it won't be necessary to furlough any F/As involuntarily, which is good news (if you can call ANY of this good). As far as the low numbers for people taking the voluntary separation, there is practically no incentive to do it so I understand why they didn't get more applications for it. If you want to leave, why not just take a voluntary furlough instead?

I applied for the VF2 and yesterday I pulled up my December schedule on CATCREW and it says LOA on each day and the status at the top says EXT. I'm outta here folks. I wish us all the best of luck, especially the ones who are staying. Who knows? If things are better in a year, I may come back. If I don't, then it's been a great ride for the last 16 years of my life and I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/27/2002 5:28:15 PM StewGuy86 wrote:

I applied for the VF2 and yesterday I pulled up my December schedule on CATCREW and it says "LOA" on each day and the status at the top says "EXT." I'm outta here folks. I wish us all the best of luck, especially the ones who are staying. Who knows? If things are better in a year, I may come back. If I don't, then it's been a great ride for the last 16 years of my life and I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.
----------------
[/blockquote]
I wish you the best of luck in the upcoming year! Hopefully 12 months from now you will be back!

Good Luck to you Stew Guy...and as you say good luck to all of us.
Does anyone know how many VF1's returned in June 2002? The number was about 1,000 but I don't think that many returned? due to extensions. And I read about 249 returning this December? Is that correct? Numbers are bouncing, difficult to keep track of where you might be....on involuntary furlough...still hoping to fly again.