Mda Flight Attendant Pay

Can someone PLEASE answer this question correctly..i have asked management in PHL and the local AFA and i cant get a straight answer. I realize that MDA FA pay will be based on the AE pay scale. If a say 7-8yrs mainline FA gets furloughed and goes to Mid Atlantic do they get 7-8yr pay at MDA according to ther AE pay scale or do all furloughed mainline FAs regardless of seniority start out at the dismal $12 rate when they go to MDA. This question really needs to be addressed!

I have been attempting to get an answer to that as well.

Likewise, what is the pay chart??? The original compensation chart of the AE agreement or Sideletter T?

Thanks in advance,

I think I remember someone saying we slide over to AE pay scale with "time served". i.e. so 5-6 yrs. at mainline $32.00. MDA $19.00 an hour. :down:

Yes we will slide over to MAA with your mainline years of service for pay. 5-6 years is about 19.00 per flight hour. Yikes. But look at the newhires in the future!....they will only get 12.00 per flight hour. Our express carriers get hired much hirer than that.

When the day comes MDA hires off the street. Will those new fa/s have flow through to mainline or not? Seems a little shady......already having hard working fa/s at express who are unable to flow through.... :huh:

Crazy8,
I agree, our wholly-owned brothers and sisters should be offered flow-thru before anyone off the street.
Another question I have: if you were furloughed in your third year, and would now be in your fourth, do you get third or fourth year pay?
Also, when you go back to mainline in what would have been your sixth year after being furloughed for three, would you be on A scale or still be on B?
Ans again, with the extendsions due Sept. 11th does that mean we'll hear something this week?

If you got furloughed with 3 years of service at mainline and are out for 2 years on furlough (for example) then you will take 3 years of service over to MAA (for pay not bidding). Also, if you put in 3 years of service and were furloughed from mainline for 4 years then you will come back at the 3 year pay level. Sucks I know. You do however accrue your travel seniority during those years.
As for the #'s coming in from the VF extensions I would image a staffing analysis is going to be conducted so it might be a week or so before a firm # comes out.
Flow through for express? Huuum...that's a hot topic I wouldn't touch. Also, my understanding is that the MAA F/A's that are hired off the street WILL NOT have follow-through rights. I read and reread this and that my take on what's written. Mainline F/As who were hired by mainline originally can come back. Once those F/A's have all been slotted back into mainline and IF mainline needs to hire more F/A's in the future, they will hire off the street and NOT take them from express or MAA.

Thanks A330, thats pretty much what I expected. Expecting the worst seems to be the answer to most MDA contract questions! :eek:

As silly as it really is to talk about flow thru when we're doing nothing but furloughing, I think I read here that after recalls MDA would be the "gateway" to mainline, which I dont agree with. I would support current AL, PI, and PS F/as flowing thru in seniority order (if they chose to) to mainline if there was ever a chance of U hiring again (HAHAHA). They are also US Airways Group employees and have seen thier jobs outsourced and undercut even more than we have. The wholly-owned recruiting, training, standards and policies mirror the mainline (is it even really the MAINline anymore, considering mainline only operates about 40% of the network?), so experienced and proven flight attendants would fill positions rather than new hires.

Speaking of seniority etc, theres a thread going on in the United Airlines forum about them buying us (they're bankrupt) and how seniority integration would work, or rather how people think it should work... <_<

Light Years:

Huuuum. I don't know but maybe I am reading the MAA question and answer wrong. I don't think MAA will be the gateway for mainline.

This is a quote from the Q&A sheet.....

Will new hire MAA flight attendants go on the mainline seniority list?

No. They will be placed on the MAA seniority list, however they will not be placed on the mainline seniority list.

As for EXPRESS having mainline follow-through rights I would say the above nixes that. If you never worked a mainline aircraft before you won't be able to jump from MAA or Express.

Well thats pretty black and white. Someone was saying different, but theres our answer.
My fear with the latest furloughs is that we'll never see our mainline aircraft again unless theres ALOT of retirements....

I have one more question..hopefully someone knows?????? If you have 4 years of service at mainline....then get furloughed...but go over to MAA for say like 3 years, then go back to mainline, will you have 4 years again of pay...or does the 3 years at MAA count into your pay..so then you would have 7 years???????? Anyone????? Thanks...

XOXO :down: Quite sad, but when you return to mainline after having gone to MDA you start you mainline pay from where you left off from. If you leave mainline in year 4 and return in year 7...you only start back at year 4 rates! UGH :down: