Flight Attendant

Do you have a tick, or are your punctuation keys malfunctioning along with your cognitive thinking?

wow, thats the best you got?? and all your cronies give you a plus, ohhh I am impressed and you actually used a big word, Cognitive..good job

Well we all know that there is no Cognitive dissonance over on the AT side, to have any discomforts, or to hold conflicting Cognitions would mean that you had a set of values to begin with, or beliefs that would allow you to see some shadows or forms of fairness. Many people at SWA see the Windfall that AT is getting,, while watching AT scream victim, as they take everything they can get away with. To do it with immutable cognition and smirk as you do(wow). ,I hear employees talk every day, what an incredbile insult to so many at SWA who have actually worked hard and for many years for those contracts.

So you go ahead and critique my typos, my cognitive reasoning, my insights, because I could care less. You take what you dont deserve, what you didnt work for while spitting in the faces of SWA employees, while you demand this, demand that, while you were never once contemplated how the attitudes of Many at AT will spill over for the rest of your careers,,.
This is your right, take what ever your union gets you, dont bend, dont give up anything, you all deserve %40 instant raises,, what a great country...

There will never be a book written about AT, maybe a paragraph or two,,
AT started as a company that was the most unsafe airline in the country(well VJ, in the 1990's, VJ was 14 times less safe than all other airlines), VJ bought out a small little airline airtran for its Name,,, they fought and struggled hard to put out a product that eventually was decent enough but they could never become a major player. In May 2011 came the biggest day for that airline, as a the Giant of LCC's wrote a check for AT, its employees and shareholders all won a lottery. Though many at AT are rubbing their lottery tickets in the SWA Original employees Faces, they WON what many think is the biggest windfall in aviation history, moving them all up to the big leagues,,they finally did it,,They Won.. The End

Reactions: 3 people
Oh, I don't think the history will be that long, Buscador. Probably just a footnote with an asterisk in the main body of the article.

*AirTran was a minor operation out of Atlanta that was bought by Southwest in 2011. It was most noted for a set of employees who didn't have the sense to recognize a good thing when it was given to them.

Reactions: 2 people
Oh, I don't think the history will be that long, Buscador. Probably just a footnote with an asterisk in the main body of the article.

*AirTran was a minor operation out of Atlanta that was bought by Southwest in 2011. It was most noted for a set of employees who didn't have the sense to recognize a good thing when it was given to them.

You know what Jim,, I think you are much smarter than I am,,, I would have to agree with your footnote thought. Do you know what I find kind of humorous though, is how many of them try to sell the company as this Huge player in the Airline business, AT didnt need anyone and AT was making so much money, SWA was lucky and SWA got ATL.. are you kidding.. I would like to think SWA has pretty intelligent mgmnt but come on,, AT was such a diamond in the rough that only SWA could see it,, not,, and according to most on wall street SWA paid far to much for AT operation. Thats before handing out the Huge Payraises... so I dont know about you but I feel incredbly lucky that I get to fly through atlanta, and even more that I could someday get to overnite in Mexico,, wow,, that is worth each of them getting $30k more a year...off our backs,oops I mean off our contracts

They want to scream how their world is being rocked and they are being uprooted, they are victims who deserve EVERYTHING...never mentioning that this was the best thing that could happen to them and their Super Duper Wonderfully Successful little Airiline. Never ONCE appreciating what SWA will do for them...cause remember Jim, they were equal to SWA,, and you shouldnt be insulted by that belief!!! Because if you believe it in ATlanta,, its got to be true...them's be the rules of the South

Wow, it has been pretty shocking and now I know why Herb never wanted to BUY OUT another ariline, can you imagine if this deal was actually with a real player and one with some real senority,, incredible,, think of what kind of attitudes we would be seeing if AT was around for 40-50+ years, its bad enough when we strip away all their FEES we will be $120 million in the hole,, but ahhh,, actually I dont want to think about it anymore,,that gives me more of a headache than listening to all those at AT totally disrespecting everything SWA and everyone at SWA(originals)

So your Footnote it is, a much better explanation... thanks for putting it in perspective Jim :D

Just FYI, I'm an AA flight attendant. However, I spend most of my working career in major industry--primarily, the oil business. I am able to recognize success and a winning plan when I see one. Seventeen straight years without a losing quarter has never been, nor will it ever be, duplicated in the airline business.

Also, when I was recalled from furlough in Nov. 2004, I was based in St. Louis for over 6 years (until February of last year). The commuter agreement with Southwest was a gift for me--primarily because Love Field is about 15 miles closer to my home than DFW. Considering that my airline has attempted to thwart your airline at every step of the way for the past 40 years, the employees of Southwest--the gate agents, the flight attendants, and the pilots--were incredibly nice to me when I was commuting. I shall be forever grateful for the many kindnesses shown to me by Southwest employees.

Just FYI, I'm an AA flight attendant. However, I spend most of my working career in major industry--primarily, the oil business. I am able to recognize success and a winning plan when I see one. Seventeen straight years without a losing quarter has never been, nor will it ever be, duplicated in the airline business.

Also, when I was recalled from furlough in Nov. 2004, I was based in St. Louis for over 6 years (until February of last year). The commuter agreement with Southwest was a gift for me--primarily because Love Field is about 15 miles closer to my home than DFW. Considering that my airline has attempted to thwart your airline at every step of the way for the past 40 years, the employees of Southwest--the gate agents, the flight attendants, and the pilots--were incredibly nice to me when I was commuting. I shall be forever grateful for the many kindnesses shown to me by Southwest employees.
You are welcome and thats the way it should be between airlines,, do you realize you have just single handidly shown more GRATITUDE and APPRECIATION to SWA than I have seen in 6 months of posts from thousands of AT employees,, and you were just given a ride,, not given a whole new career,,, WOW,,,WOW,, but thanks Jim its good to hear some people out there can show appreciation,,

Have a good nite

Reactions: 1 person
Ok Bus, The voting has come to a screaching halt at 12:00pm. Web site says results will be posted soon. Rather this is voted in or not you you guys, I would like to wish you the best. Good luck...

Thx Swamt

I am guessing it passes on both sides,,meaning our union crumbled and AT fa's Took far to much..can u imagine if AT votes no and SWA votes yes...ohhh. fireworks

That would put a damper on Gary's message to the field tonite,, heard he is supposed to announce Den as a pilot and fa base tonite,,might not be so much fun if AT fa's got greedy and voted it down..he would be Fielding ton of??? On that... o boy Gary would not be happy w that,,maybe he would hammer the fa's like he did the pilots..some would say Karma,,lol

Thx again,,, we shall know soon enough

Reactions: 1 person
Thx Swamt

I am guessing it passes on both sides,,meaning our union crumbled and AT fa's Took far to much..can u imagine if AT votes no and SWA votes yes...ohhh. fireworks

That would put a damper on Gary's message to the field tonite,, heard he is supposed to announce Den as a pilot and fa base tonite,,might not be so much fun if AT fa's got greedy and voted it down..he would be Fielding ton of??? On that... o boy Gary would not be happy w that,,maybe he would hammer the fa's like he did the pilots..some would say Karma,,lol

Thx again,,, we shall know soon enough
FA's. Just announced that it passed. Goto twu556.org to read the news release.

Wow,.. And at the end of the day the AirTran vote is 1,528 in favor and 94 against. Who would have guessed.
You are right,,,that is surprising even to me,,,they were handed a 25k$ a year for life lottery ticket..be hard to pass that up...think they learned from the pilots arrogance...anyway you cut it...they took way too much from the original SWA FA'S! So here is to the 2200+ newest lottery winners..congrats..

Hope u show some appreciation and gratitude to those who made that lottery possible

You are right,,,that is surprising even to me,,,they were handed a 25k$ a year for life lottery ticket..be hard to pass that up...think they learned from the pilots arrogance...anyway you cut it...they took way too much from the original SWA FA'S! So here is to the 2200+ newest lottery winners..congrats..

Hope u show some appreciation and gratitude to those who made that lottery possible

It's not even a lottery, it's worse than that. That hand out they're receiving is at the expense of other people who earned theirs. I know I contributed 2 back injuries myself over the years.. Was never bitter about it or blamed the company. I was being productive for the greater good, and was glad to do it for a company that was going to offer me almost absolute job security and a 60K+ per year job.. That's fine, I don't mind sharing my hard earned seniority with my new AirTran brothers and sisters, because they're so awesome and they're going to show us all about how "flying international" works.

WoW AFA TA flight attendants 94% yes WN TWU flight attendants 65% yes . Luckily enough southwest flight attendants voted with their heads instead their angry emotions. I'm sure your new co-workers are more than glad to be onboard with southwest airlines. The question is are you still onboard ???

Reactions: 4 people
WoW AFA TA flight attendants 94% yes WN TWU flight attendants 65% yes . Luckily enough southwest flight attendants voted with their heads instead their angry emotions. I'm sure your new co-workers are more than glad to be onboard with southwest airlines. The question is are you still onboard ???
Believe me,,on the SWA side the 65% yes voters,,90% of those people voted out of fear....do u understand that??? You would be hard pressed to find any SWA fa who were happy with the MAULING they received.

No swa fa's are saying isn't this fantastic,, they took everything possible and we got nothing,,,whoohoo lets just have a big group huge hug and show them around...you think AT FA's are more than glad to be on board w SWA,,wow...hey give me a way better company Instant 25-35k$ a year payraise, longevity, seniority, 401k and job security..I think I would be more than glad as well.. THEY TOOK TO MUCH ..are u kidding me,,of course AT is on board

I don't think anyone appreciates someone coming in their home and disrespecting it, then taking everything they want like it was theirs...

So if u consider voting out of fear the same as voting w their head.well u must be one of those that thinks Doh is fair...You are surprised so many lottery winners voted yes'...wow.....I can see how the destination could be good for the company, doesn't mean I have to agree with the route,

Its a hard pill to swallow for many at swa,, it could of been so much better,, they could of been received so much nicer welome until the demands..this is one side voting yes because they won a career and lifetime LOTTERY vs one side voting yes out of fear,,fearing they wouldn't lose more,, having not a thing to gain...... wow,, yea I see what your saying SWA FAS are ecstatic...

Reactions: 3 people