Flight attendants reach tentative agreement with Southwest Airlines

“You’re going to see an agreement that not only maintains but improves  our industry-leading contract, including your wages and your benefits. And you’re going to see an agreement that addresses those issues you identified as your priority: reschedules, ground time, line-holder protections, as well as improvements to our reserve system,” she said.

Reactions: 1 person
Congrats to all the F/A's and SWA.  Hope it's a contract that all can accept. Can't wait to read the details...

Reactions: 2 people
any word on the tentative agreement? types of pay raises that WN was willing to give? implications for other open contracts?

reto pay?

Well, according to the president it took care of the issues the majority wanted.  She also says she is very proud of the TA, so I am guessing they expect it to pass.  So far it all sounds like it is what the membership wanted and keeps them top of the industry.  Unlike what some people have stated that SWA can no longer keep their employees at top of the industry.  I would be interested in the "benefits" that were added or increased.  Again congrats to the F/A's and SWA for coming to a TA, now we wait for the vote...

Talked to a F/A this morning, they don't have a clue whats in it. Typical super secret TWU,  take your time to strategize how to sell the TA. 

Reactions: 3 people
WNMECH said:
"Also there is a strong belief among flight attendants that this union is in bed with the company and that they will sell us out."

Now that's the TWU I spent the majority of my time in bad standing with at AA.

WNMECH said:
Some FAs are not thrilled.
http://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/news/2015/07/07/not-all-southwest-airlines-flight-attendants-are.html?ana=yahoo
"some of this union leadership, as well as the negotiating team, have a long history of self-service, bullying and not always acting in the best interest of the flight attendants. Also there is a strong belief among flight attendants that this union is in bed with the company and that they will sell us out."
That is more in line with what I'm hearing talking to FAs.

WNMECH said:

http://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/news/2015/07/07/not-all-southwest-airlines-flight-attendants-are.html?ana=yahoo

"some of this union leadership, as well as the negotiating team, have a long history of self-service, bullying and not always acting in the best interest of the flight attendants. Also there is a strong belief among flight attendants that this union is in bed with the company and that they will sell us out."

I am hearing the same...

WNMECH said:

And now the rest of the story comes out.  I too thought it was a rather quick turn around.  We will start getting the details starting 7-8-15 as the membership gets the details.  But we are also hearing of some very strong negative feelings about this quick turn TA that will come for a vote.  Next question, what happens if it's overwhelmingly voted down???

swamt said:
And now the rest of the story comes out.  I too thought it was a rather quick turn around.  We will start getting the details starting 7-8-15 as the membership gets the details.  But we are also hearing of some very strong negative feelings about this quick turn TA that will come for a vote.  Next question, what happens if it's overwhelmingly voted down???
quick turn?

how long have the FAs been in talks for a new agreement?

and if alot of FAs are not happy, which seems to be confirmed from multiple sources, it confirms that WN's settlements with other groups of small raises, increased performance pay, and increased productivity is the norm that WN is going for with other labor groups.

also data in the article that was cited is not current. It is 2013 data; 2014 data is now available.

Latest posts