Now it's Southwest's turn

Nobody wasted time following AA into the concessions era. Thanks to the TWU it will be a new era of airline deregulation TWU style.

Because we've brought the industry to a new low that others will have to match..!!

Exactly we're all in the same toilet now, and passengers flush every time they click on the Internet.

If LUV feels the heat, we're all toast.

I know its hard for you AMFA supporters to accept, but SWA management is going to put the screws to all the unions on the property, including AMFA. The honeymoon's over and if you don't get it, you haven't been listening to the SWA CEO lately.

LUV is just a 3 letter word these days!

I know its hard for you AMFA supporters to accept, but SWA management is going to put the screws to all the unions on the property, including AMFA. The honeymoon's over and if you don't get it, you haven't been listening to the SWA CEO lately.

Yet they're still making money.. Sounds like you're hoping for their demise to validate your irrational support of your industrial catch all unions.

Reactions: 1 person
Yet they're still making money.. Sounds like you're hoping for their demise to validate your irrational support of your industrial catch all unions.

I have friends at SWA and I certainly don't hope for their demise as you suggest. However, I've been an AMT for 40 years, survived some tough times, and listened to AMFA BS long enough to know when you turn on the S--T spigot, like now. If you don't think even a carrier like SWA can hit a bump in the road you're either very naive or joe the new guy (or) sucking on the AMFA Kool-aid barrel again.

Reactions: 2 people

I am having a hard time with this statement Realityck....??

I have it on good authority that the mechanics of SWA under amfa :rolleyes: will in fact profit and "leap frog" ahead of UPS in wages and benefits. Apparently you do NOT know or understand the incredible power available to the single craft mechanics association. No industrial union or mere corporation could possibly be able to match their strength and leverage at the bargaining table. They are not a simple union, they are an association damn it. And I am sure they resent the implications that you would suggest anything but top dollar and ridicules amounts of praise for their unmatched abilities to bring any company to their knees.
How dare you sir :p

Those people at Dallas News are just common liars, and probably zealots too :eek: . Don't believe everything you read from those trusted news sources. The amfa :rolleyes: loyalists on this site should provide all the insights we need to hear. Thanks for your moment of clarity, but it is not needed at this time.

It's not about AMFA power at the table this time.
We have things the company wants and they are ready and willing to deal for them.

When we run out of things SWA wants, or don't give in, then things will get contentious.

Reactions: 1 person
It's not about AMFA power at the table this time.
We have things the company wants and they are ready and willing to deal for them.

When we run out of things SWA wants, or don't give in, then things will get contentious.

NO NO NO NO NO.....

There are NO deals according to amfa. When the Teamsters did this at Horizon in order to accommodate those going out the door it was made abundantly clear that this would have never happened at amfa. amfa does not make deals. You sir are all ready to cozy up to management in order to make the deal that suits you first. I have news for you, the vote will be a resounding NO.

LETS MAKE A DEAL.....

When amfa is all done with concessionary negotiations, SWA mechanics will be left with almost enough to finance one of these gems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1xhAta2MbM&noredirect=1

Maybe SWA mechanics should run from amfa while they still can???