Flight Crews Need SIDA

PHL BULL

Advanced
Aug 7, 2006
All Flight crews need SIDA acess...If you are in uniform and on duty you should be able to go to work and by-pass TSA. In CLT if you are on duty and in uniform you can swipe your USAirways ID put in your pin and go to work...The TSA in PHL is making all crewmembers take off shoe's etc. WE ARE JUST GOING TO WORK!!! If a ground worker can use SIDA acess to go to work we should too...we are finger printed and cleard or we would not have company ID...This dog and pony show is BULL!!! the city needs to give us the same access...we should not piggy back and follow the rules but to have to show up extra early to stand in line is CRAP!!! call your union call the city of PHL and demand that flight crews have the same SIDA access as other usairways employees that are just trying to get to work...this really frost my A@#$$ am I alone in my thoughts?

All Flight crews need SIDA acess...If you are in uniform and on duty you should be able to go to work and by-pass TSA. In CLT if you are on duty and in uniform you can swipe your USAirways ID put in your pin and go to work...The TSA in PHL is making all crewmembers take off shoe's etc. WE ARE JUST GOING TO WORK!!! If a ground worker can use SIDA acess to go to work we should too...we are finger printed and cleard or we would not have company ID...This dog and pony show is BULL!!! the city needs to give us the same access...we should not piggy back and follow the rules but to have to show up extra early to stand in line is CRAP!!! call your union call the city of PHL and demand that flight crews have the same SIDA access as other usairways employees that are just trying to get to work...this really frost my A@#$$ am I alone in my thoughts?

EXACTLY!!!! ALL FLIGHT ATTENDANTS NEED SIDA ACCESS INCLUDING PHOENIX and LAS VEGAS!

EXACTLY!!!! ALL FLIGHT ATTENDANTS NEED SIDA ACCESS INCLUDING PHOENIX and LAS VEGAS!
yepper's if I can't get to work I can't make us fly...call the union, company and airport director...I will even pay the 35.00 to the city for my SIDA accesss...untill this happens bet there will be lots of open time on the AIL

215-937-6888 is the number in PHL that does the SIDA badges call and ask for one... B)

Sounds like TSA or the City is making their own rules. If TSA does not require flt crews to go through all that #### @ other cities, it must be the Aviation Dept coming up w/ those rules....I agree, bombard the aviation directors office with phone calls...

I've undergone about 20x more background screening than any flight crew or SIDA card holder and have to fly frequently to go to work. When can I get my jump the line card?

See the problem here?

whats needed is for the gov't to issue a 'Federal SIDA' id to flight crews in addition to our airline id's
if our security check is adequate for us to fly the plane, it's more than sufficient to bypass security all together, or walk across the ramp to our planes, etc. remove the varying hegemony's of over zealous aiport authorities in how they treat flight crews....

I've undergone about 20x more background screening than any flight crew or SIDA card holder and have to fly frequently to go to work. When can I get my jump the line card?

See the problem here?
NO I don't...flight crews need access to get to work...it's our office. say If you work in a bank your ID will let you in the office...if I came to your office I should have to stand in line...are you not pre cleared to go to your office? I should be cleared to go to my workplace... now do YOU see the problem...I don't want to sound rude but do you see my point? I should have to stand in line to board AMTRACK as well I would be a PAX not a worker...all workers should have easy access to there workplace after they do there company back ground checks...

Bypass security altogether? So you're saying that all people should need is to get their hands on an id and uniform, and then they get carte blanche past security? Be careful what you wish for.

whats needed is for the gov't to issue a 'Federal SIDA' id to flight crews in addition to our airline id's
if our security check is adequate for us to fly the plane, it's more than sufficient to bypass security all together, or walk across the ramp to our planes, etc. remove the varying hegemony's of over zealous aiport authorities in how they treat flight crews....
GREAT POST...thank you!!! :up:

Bypass security altogether? So you're saying that all people should need is to get their hands on an id and uniform, and then they get carte blanche past security? Be careful what you wish for.
I am not saying carte blanche past security...have one TSA to check our ID's just like the ground staff in so many airports...guess you have your SIDA badge...ever hear the song american idiot think it's from Green Day?

A slight difference of opinion.....

Crews don't need SIDA badges. They do no good at any airport except your base (still standing in line after the layovers) and crews don't need all the access that a SIDA badge provides.

What crews need is nationwide UAS, preferably with biometric identification - at those airports their airline serves. Don't expect it anytime soon, though.

Jim

A slight difference of opinion.....

Crews don't need SIDA badges. They do no good at any airport except your base (still standing in line after the layovers) and crews don't need all the access that a SIDA badge provides.

What crews need is nationwide UAS, preferably with biometric identification - at those airports their airline serves. Don't expect it anytime soon, though.

Jim
Jim,
Yes you are right...UAS not SIDA it was going to start if I remember what about 10 years ago when we got the new ID's that have our young looking pix on them...the only station I know of is CLT it works there we should do it at all stations...the system is in place just need more swipe card readers in other stations...do we have any other UAS access or is CLT it? in the meantime I would be happy to have SIDA in my base at least I could start my trip...without leaving so early...heck 1/3.5 should apply from the time we get to the A/P with all this extra duty time...

Latest posts