Flight Crews Need SIDA

A slight difference of opinion.....

Crews don't need SIDA badges. They do no good at any airport except your base (still standing in line after the layovers) and crews don't need all the access that a SIDA badge provides.

What crews need is nationwide UAS, preferably with biometric identification - at those airports their airline serves. Don't expect it anytime soon, though.

Jim

TSA feels a lot like a nation wide probing biometric program. :lol:

So are many of the passengers on your flights! Quite frankly, given how easy creating fake IDs and uniforms is these days, everyone should go through security. As a passenger, I'm not comfortable if anyone bypasses.

As far as uniforms and IDs go, how about the police? They walk past security and with firearms...they only have an ID and uniform.

However, maybe the TSA sees the future that the American public wanted by not wishing to pay what it cost to do business as an airline...more foreign pilots with questionable credentials and the inability to do a thorough background check on them, due to their home country being non-cooperative with the US; the job is lousy and fewer Americans will do it anymore. Is this not the arguement we hear with regards to illegal aliens, maybe they should fly the planes too, then you could cut ticket prices even more?

Let's take the TSA our of airport security and put Disney in charge. In order to keep season ticket holders from giving their tickets to others to use, Disney uses fingerprint biometrics. They do that to keep people from cheating them out of ONE HUNDRED BUCKS! We're talking about an airplane full of people. I agree with those calling for a national I.D. card. If you have the card and the biometrics to get through, let's stop wasting everybodies time and let the crews through and out to whatever sensitive area they need to get into to do their job.

Also, Disney finds ways to entertain people for hours by treating them like guest while they stand in line. The TSA sends morons and goons out to yell at people about putting laptops in bins. They treat them like the prisoner intake in the begining of Shawsank Redemption. No wonder the passengers are ready to swing at the gate agents when they show up at the airplane.

The ramp is a dangerous place, we use to have crews walk across the ramp in CLT and a few times they were hit by ground eqiupment, even the van service had a few fender benders.

The ramp is congested enough, we dont need flight crews all over the place.

Probably by some ramp guy hauling butt in a tug! I see them all the time trying to race the planes as they cut in fron of me as I'm pulling into the gate.

Yes the ramp can be dangerous, even to people to work there. Remember the push back crewmember that got run over by the push back tug in LGA? Carelessnes will get you injured or killed whether you are flight crew or not.

I think Crews should stand in line like everyone else. Heck, why not even let some PAX cut in front of them from time to time just to be friendly and helpful.

Unless of course they are deadheading to their Rest Period or commuting home for their days off. Having adequate rest is a safety issue!

Each airport is different and TSA either provides a seperate line for crews or encourages us to cut in line. You may not agree with crews cutting in line, but we WORK your flights. Without us your flight will be late® departing. Please don't jump all over the crews because your local TSA doesn't provide a seperate line.

One last thing...Jesus Christ, we have no other perk. Let us enjoy this one.

So are many of the passengers on your flights! Quite frankly, given how easy creating fake IDs and uniforms is these days, everyone should go through security. As a passenger, I'm not comfortable if anyone bypasses.
The technology is there....the TSA need to use it...it is called iris identification. all flight crew members would have their iris id in the database. just look into the scanner and go. anyone can fake an ID or uniform but you can never pass if its not you with iris scan.

Latest posts