Flight Operations

hack73

Advanced
Jan 17, 2003
www.usaviation.com
I flew from DCA to PIT on flight 45 tonight,and we were delayed 30 minutes,the reason for the delay,they announced due to a shortage of ramp agents,we had to wait to have our plane loaded.I wonder how bad things are in PHL? :shock:

well if 30 min was all you had to wait, i had seen say about 2 hrs delays in phl for mainline flts back in oct when the judge imposed a 21% paycut on the employees. hope you enjoyed your flt back to pit. how long of a flt is it from dca to pit?

got word twice today things are very bad in phl,thats what happens
when you cancel penisons ,steal from your employees,and treat them like they are a piece of shi#.

hack73 said:
I wonder how bad things are in PHL? :shock:
[post="230773"][/post]​

You dont really want to know. It was another hell night. Baggage is DOWN to only 85 open claims when I left, but then again we were still waiting for 2 PHL flights to come in that were delayed almost 2 hours. I'm getting sick of busting connections because it takes PHL 2 hours to turn a flight. Cant wait for the new "quick turns" to show up. :down:
And the fun just keeps on coming....... :unsure:

:down:
tadjr said:
You dont really want to know. It was another hell night. Baggage is DOWN to only 85 open claims when I left, but then again we were still waiting for 2 PHL flights to come in that were delayed almost 2 hours. I'm getting sick of busting connections because it takes PHL 2 hours to turn a flight. Cant wait for the new "quick turns" to show up. :down:
And the fun just keeps on coming....... :unsure:
[post="230814"][/post]​

A "Quick Turn" in PHL is a minimum 2 1/2 hrs. Busted conx on every inbnd flt from PHL everyday. Nasty customers all upset over the mess there...like sands thru the hour glass...it never ends..... :down:

WestCoastGuy said:
:down:
A "Quick Turn" in PHL is a minimum 2 1/2 hrs. Busted conx on every inbnd flt from PHL everyday. Nasty customers all upset over the mess there...like sands thru the hour glass...it never ends..... :down:
[post="230910"][/post]​

Merry Christmas west coast guy:
Maybe uncle Al will fix that

I was in DCA Monday and flying out the flight took a 30 minute delay due to lack of manpower to load the flight.

I flew from CLT-PHL this morning (23rd) and we had to wait for almost 35 minutes to get a jetway driver. Many customers talking about what a poor airline U is. Total joke. -Cape

On this past Monday PHL was down to 3 fuel trucks for the entire F concourse because the others were frozen up, or so we were told.

There was definitely a short supply of rampers.

Maybe Santa will bring some more tomorrow night!!

Capecod said:
I flew from CLT-PHL this morning (23rd) and we had to wait for almost 35 minutes to get a jetway driver. Many customers talking about what a poor airline U is. Total joke. -Cape
[post="230950"][/post]​

Just checked all AM CLT-PHL flights on USAirways.com. Flights 276 and 1151 arrived on time. Flight 1068 was only 9 minutes late. Maybe you had to wait but the flights were "on time".

Everybody likes to jump on the bandwagon and kick you when you're down. Check the on time performance/completeion factor for the airline at large and I think you'll find, overall, U is doing a damn fine job under the circumstances.

The word we heard today was that they shut down the entire catering department and moved all the staff to the ramp to help cover the shortages. Let's rob Peter to pay Paul. Gee, I bet that really solved the problem!!! :down:

N924PS said:
Just checked all AM CLT-PHL flights on USAirways.com. Flights 276 and 1151 arrived on time. Flight 1068 was only 9 minutes late. Maybe you had to wait but the flights were "on time".
[post="230985"][/post]​

This begs the question: how is the "in" time recorded? Wheels stopped, brakes set, or does the door need to be opened before ACARS will kick out an "in" time?

The reason I ask this is that it's simply a farce if the aircraft reaches the gate "on time" but nobody can actually deplane the aircraft for another 35 minutes.

Clue,

Who knows any more with the ACARS changes. Used to be any door opened including baggage compartment. Now the ACARS counts "In" for pay when the wheels stop turning but I don't know if that is what is reported for "On Time" purposes.

Jim

N924PS said:

Everybody likes to jump on the bandwagon and kick you when you're down. Check the on time performance/completeion factor for the airline at large and I think you'll find, overall, U is doing a damn fine job under the circumstances.
[post="230985"][/post]​
:p What are u smokin...crystal meth from CRYSTAL city...u must be mgmt..only someone as narrow minded and out of touch would DARE print something like that!! WAKE UP!!!!!!