Clusterf*ck'd Day to be flying!

No, contrary to popular belief, there are some of us that can still get through a trip without self medicating. Apparently, you are not one of them.

The delay was due to W-E-A-T-H-E-R. Simply stating that a family member of mine went through a nightmare situation on AA out of LGA yesterday. No more, no less. Nothing to do with the service/ operation levels at USAir whatsoever. I fully realize how bad things are in those arenas, and am equally as appalled as you.
Not completely true. The 14:35 CLT-PHL flight started it all off yesterday when it was DOWNGRADED from a full 757 to a 737-300. The agents knew nothing about it until the wrong airplane type showed up at the gate. The 16:00 flight to PHL was then oversold, and then the airline canceled the 17:45 flight all together, but not before rerouting 17 international customers through RIC, only to have RIC-PHL canceled, stranding them there for the night.

I understand weather, I understand its happening to all carriers, but the original cluster of the day for the particular city pair in question was the result of someone not looking at the fact all flights from CLT to PHL were full way before weather reared its ugly head, and instead of adding an extra section to get customers there, they put one little tuna can on the route. Brilliant.

BTW, I was one of those crewmembers who didn't make it to work yesterday. I did, however, enjoy a delightful sandwich in the B Concourse crew room courtesy of Bank of America Credit Card Services (25K bonus miles are back next week--look for new card apps). So in all, my seven hour stint at the Charlotte Douglas International Airport wasn't a complete bust.

EVERY day is a clusterfxxked day to be flying at this COMMENT DELETED BY MODERATOR

some days just have a little more excitement (sic) than others

whats going on in CLT? # days running and flights are cancelling? Already got a call that the 1st flight of the day to CLT is cancelled....wx?

I don't know if you are on Lexapro or something but you seriously find NOTHING wrong with ANYTHING. Keeping an upbeat state of mind and trying to not let this company bother you is one thing but c'mon now. I didn't miss the point at all. You see it is said a lot that "it happens at other airines". Well so what. You find a hair in your food at a restaurant and complain. The waitress or manager tells you, "Well it happens at other restaurants". Do you give a $h!t that it happens elsewhere? This place is a clusterf@$k WITHOUT weather. Add it to the mix and it's disaster. Sure Usairways isn't responsible for weather but they CERTAINLY are responsible for how they HANDLE a passenger during a mess. WE CAN'T. Now that being said I will say that a HUGE, HUGE number of people couldn't commute for work yesterday. MAINLY int'l. There were at 6pm 8 int'l positions that couldn't be covered and that was not including the 8 or more that were covered during the day on top of all the other departures. It's total BS that they could not make it. Watch the f'n weather channel or get here the day before. Reserves are to cover this bs? The weather over in Pittsburgh was horrible and some areas under a state of emergency. That being said EVERYONE that couldn't make it should get written up. The blockholders not being able to make it due to flight availability or weather is out of control now. I just did a three day trip with the FIRST leg of the trip delayed almost a whole hour due to TWO f/a's commuting in on Southwest. Try that as a rsv. It's OLD.

and we know nada will happen...do you know what would happen to me if I no show for a shift???? We will hear how they have to commute blah blah.....if I knew I could cmmute-in order to get FT-guess what? I would. But I know I cant so I dont. And I show up for work when scheduled. quite simple...sorry but am tired of rebooking cancelled flights because maybe we are missing crew members for above reasons....enough is enough

whats going on in CLT? # days running and flights are cancelling? Already got a call that the 1st flight of the day to CLT is cancelled....wx?
Don't know about CLT specifically - I live about 10 mi. from GSO - but there was a ground stop late this morning and t-storms up my way about 4-5pm. Could be spill-over from PHL - they've had bigger problems again today. Don't know why Tempe doesn't de-link the hubs as much as possible to keep the problems of one hub from spilling over to the rest of the system......

Jim

and we know nada will happen...do you know what would happen to me if I no show for a shift???? We will hear how they have to commute blah blah.....if I knew I could cmmute-in order to get FT-guess what? I would. But I know I cant so I dont. And I show up for work when scheduled. quite simple...sorry but am tired of rebooking cancelled flights because maybe we are missing crew members for above reasons....enough is enough

people should live near their jobs.

It is a simple fact that the commuting for some is almost impossible and while they know it STILL don't make better plans to get to work. ALL of those flights in PHL yesterday and last night that were open on option 44 were due to f/a's that couldn't commute in. We all know it. As a reserve I have NO CHOICE but to be in base and answer the f'n phone. As for you ITESWRONG..... ANYONE and I do mean ANYONE that knows me at work would have a hard time agreeing with you and your take on me. You are wacked and have a VERY lack luster attitude about most of what is going on with this company. Do me a favor and just don't respond to me. It's pointless. I have worked with what appears to be your type of flight attendant and it's usually a know it all yet knows very little. So anyway..... Yes yesterday was oh how was it put....W-E-A-T-H-E-R! ! ! I think that was how it was put. Well how we explain how our passengers are handled in a said situation? Those agents are given very little to help our passengers. It's a sad state of affairs here people and there are some that have a terrible attitude or NO passion whatsoever to even go out of their way to help. I need meds? yeah I better go take them now. :rolleyes:

Not completely true. The 14:35 CLT-PHL flight started it all off yesterday when it was DOWNGRADED from a full 757 to a 737-300. The agents knew nothing about it until the wrong airplane type showed up at the gate. The 16:00 flight to PHL was then oversold, and then the airline canceled the 17:45 flight all together, but not before rerouting 17 international customers through RIC, only to have RIC-PHL canceled, stranding them there for the night.

I understand weather, I understand its happening to all carriers, but the original cluster of the day for the particular city pair in question was the result of someone not looking at the fact all flights from CLT to PHL were full way before weather reared its ugly head, and instead of adding an extra section to get customers there, they put one little tuna can on the route. Brilliant.

BTW, I was one of those crewmembers who didn't make it to work yesterday. I did, however, enjoy a delightful sandwich in the B Concourse crew room courtesy of Bank of America Credit Card Services (25K bonus miles are back next week--look for new card apps). So in all, my seven hour stint at the Charlotte Douglas International Airport wasn't a complete bust.
That's all fine and well, but I was responding to Travelpro and not referring to USAirways. Again, I realize how screwed up USAir is and would never dream of defending mgmt or their decisions. I simply stated that a family member on AA was told to sleep in the terminal or get a hotel. Period. Suddenly, a thread about weather turned into some wack-o rant about reserves having to cover the selfish commuters who didn't fly in the day before... or something... :D

Med check. :lol:

The fact that other airlines are affected by weather is besides the point. Usairways can't handle passengers on a good day let alone a bad weather day. The agents basically have NO resources and a computer system that won't accomodate. This airline blames weather on everything. We operated in weather before this merger. Wacko rant aside. Med check? MMMMMK. Some don't test so well. :lol: