PHL Baggage Issues Again today

tadjr

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
TPA
www.airlineforums.com
Claims out the wahoo from this am. The first couple of flights took massive delays (but appearantly got the bags since we only showed 4 claims at about 11am), but the later flights left about 20 mins late, but we shot up to about 45 claims from 1 flight. Ouch.
Didnt look tonight before I left to see how many still on file, but when its in the landings to expect bags missing and delays, you know its going to be bad.
Another wonderful day in PHL... :down: :blink: :p

Story

OH SWELL!

My Mom, Sister, Brother-in-Law, PineyBob and the PineNiece are traveling to SAN on the 18th returning on the 24th.

We connect in PHX and I've been trying to get it through my stubborn Sisters head that checking a bag(s) is not in our best interests.

But she is insisting due to the whole TSA 3 Oz thing for cosmetics and such. Please pray for us as I can't imagine anything more stressful than a Mother, Sister and the drama queen PineNiece without makeup for 2 or 3 days.

Now the good news is the Marriott has several bars and that's where I'll be while my VERY impatient Sister rips on someone from Baggage Claims.

I'll write a trip report if I live :D

Deleted my comments something screwed up will do another post.

Bob I dont know what happened above. Sorry if I screwed this up. What I tried to say was you are 100% right on the bag checking thing. God bless you on this trip.
Maybe Barbe can say something about PHX baggage.

OH SWELL!

My Mom, Sister, Brother-in-Law, PineyBob and the PineNiece are traveling to SAN on the 18th returning on the 24th.

We connect in PHX and I've been trying to get it through my stubborn Sisters head that checking a bag(s) is not in our best interests.

But she is insisting due to the whole TSA 3 Oz thing for cosmetics and such. Please pray for us as I can't imagine anything more stressful than a Mother, Sister and the drama queen PineNiece without makeup for 2 or 3 days.

Now the good news is the Marriott has several bars and that's where I'll be while my VERY impatient Sister rips on someone from Baggage Claims.

At least they have plenty of time to send their essentials via UPS. Travelling in the A.M. would be better too.

OH SWELL!

Bob,
do yourself a favor...take you bags to Fed-X the day before...carry nothing on and slam some drinks in F/C I think someone could start a biz doing something like this ...airlines should get out of the bag shipping thing with all the TSA crap it's not worth it...have a good trip...

PHL Management has ordered 215 baggage carts!
Guess that's to hold all the missed bags over the upcoming Holidays.....IF we get the carts by then.

PHL Management has ordered 215 baggage carts!
Guess that's to hold all the missed bags over the upcoming Holidays.....IF we get the carts by then.

Why bother? They should be requesting tractor-trailers to hide the baggage and then ship it all to PIT and CLT to be sorted and sent, as has happened in year's past.

It's better than losing more full carts downtown or loose bags in the snowbanks.

First I'll concede PHL has been good to me. I've not only gone a month straight with 2 bags every week making the onnection without a hitch. I have onl ever had 1 bag misrouted in PHL ever and that was to an interline conection. That bein acknowledged something has got to give. Yesterday we hd 2 consecutive Express birds come in missing bags. Firstthe entire bag load was missed (with a note in the FLIFO) and then the next flight is missing 7 bags. Really folks this is getting out of hand. We jokingly say just hsut PHL down, the customers fume and growl (totally serious too) fire everyone, and then we go through it all again the next flight. As this thread points out the holidays are now only 8 days away. We all know there are equipment problems, we all know we are short handed, we all know there is an infratructure problem. The problem is we have all known these things for far too long. It is high time we start to address them. At the same time it way past time we accept that we have to work through and around them until they are addressed. Here's a hint, if it is now 10 minutes to pushback and your bags aren't even at the gate. Find out why, find out where they are, and then get the damn things to the gate. Don't juststick a note in FLIFO, shrug, and then complain about all the problems. The problems pre date most of us being here, so it's high time we start dealing with life as it is, not as we would like it to be.

On any given day in PHL US’s has 9 different airlines and there employees flying under the US banner. US has at least 3 different companies working station operations. Its not to hard to figure out this is hard to manage. Managements answer is hire more management