Clusterf*ck'd Day to be flying!

It may have been Warren Buffett who said,

"Want to make a million dollars in the airline industry? Start with two million dollars."

... or something to that effect.

The people who loved flying and aviation are not the ones making decisions now, the game now is run by mba wonder boys who never got their hands dirty or broke a sweat, human capital is to be exploited not developed, and the focus is short term thinking on the next big deal.

Employees be damned. Outsource everything you can to lowest bidder. Grab the options and bonuses as quick as you can and move on to the next company to pillage.

I guess it's a micro-economics view of the decline of America and the planned destruction of the middle class... we have no statesman in politics, no leaders, just actors and sound bite manipulators, we live in an empty cult of personality and fluff, no substance or character to our "leaders". Just as we at U have no leadership, just a smooth talking deceiver. It really is a damn shame, this could have been a good merger.

We are spiraling downward in a race to the bottom of the barrel and its gonna be real, real ugly.

Rant off,

D :eek:

Well said brother...I'm saying we can get our US EAST BACK...how...that's the question.

It may have been Warren Buffett who said,

"Want to make a million dollars in the airline industry? Start with two million dollars."

... or something to that effect.

I think that oft-quoted (yet still true) line predates Warren B by quite a few years.
Maybe Kirk Kerkorian back in the '60s following his Western Airlines adventure? Or even older than that? Sounds like a Captain Eddie (Rickenbacker--EAL) line--he was always good for a pithy quote!

Only 3 canx flights today. 330 CLT 455 PHL and 515 PIT. Oh, and the 135 CLT left at 415, the 215 PHL got airborne about 445pm, the 450 DCA got airborne about an hour late, the 735 PHL left after 9pm and the 620 DCA left after 8pm. But, other than that, it was a super day to fly! :lol:

Yeah, you do.......holy $#!+, what a great idea!

How about we sell the T-Shirt, and the proceeds go to buying back the stock for the new PAWOB Holding Company, LLC.

Then we dump the booze and fix the airline one step at a time.

I'll take some too. The customers don't need to know what PAWOB stands for, do they?

Employee purchase plan. At least we'd know what NOT to do.... :rolleyes:

OH, and yesterday my flight was on the taxiway in LGA for 3:15..... not till 3:15 but 3 hours and 15 minutes before returning to the gate (once the plane could get through the traffic to get to a gate) and cancelling.

To get this thread back on track, Thursday was yet another rancid day in the NE:

From flightstats.com
Airline Scheduled Tracked Departed Cancelled 15-30 30-45 45+ Ontime
US Airways 1005 986 889 98 132 71 321 41%

'course this doesn't show the some 400 canceled express flights. One express HPN-DCA flight (4493) spent 4 hours on the taxiway before returning to the gate and trying again.

Flight # 4093
Depart White Plains, NY
Date 8/9/2007
Gate ****
Scheduled 1:58 PM
Actual 6:45 PM
Status Departed
Flight Status
Diverted To
Date
Actual

Arrive Washington, DC (Reagan)
Date 8/9/2007
Gate 35A
Scheduled 3:10 PM
Actual 7:23 PM
Status Estimated Arrival

LGA was, of course, a disaster once again.

Yuck....

I haven't taken any business trips to the Northeast in two months and I am loving it. If I never fly into LGA or anyplace near there again, that would be fine with me. :) (too far to drive)

Stories all over the local tv stations about hundreds of psgrs stranded in the airport over night & US has no protection for them.
People sleeping all over the LGA/BOS/DC/PHL airports.... You think this is a US specific problem? :rolleyes:

I know, I know, something more for ya to whine about...... :lol:

A total disgrace if station management had a plane sit out 4 hours. (Then again, isn't HPN county emplyees, not airline employees)
A family member of mine taxied out of LGA yesterday and sat for 4 hours because they could NOT get back to the AA terminal with all of the congestion. Again, not US specific, even though most on here would like it to be.

Oh, and he had to pay for his own hotel in LGA or sleep in the terminal. No voucher, no sorry, no nothing. Rebooked for this morning. Just the way it is. Life.

You missed the point. Continue complaining.
I don't know if you are on Lexapro or something but you seriously find NOTHING wrong with ANYTHING. Keeping an upbeat state of mind and trying to not let this company bother you is one thing but c'mon now. I didn't miss the point at all. You see it is said a lot that "it happens at other airines". Well so what. You find a hair in your food at a restaurant and complain. The waitress or manager tells you, "Well it happens at other restaurants". Do you give a $h!t that it happens elsewhere? This place is a clusterf@$k WITHOUT weather. Add it to the mix and it's disaster. Sure Usairways isn't responsible for weather but they CERTAINLY are responsible for how they HANDLE a passenger during a mess. WE CAN'T. Now that being said I will say that a HUGE, HUGE number of people couldn't commute for work yesterday. MAINLY int'l. There were at 6pm 8 int'l positions that couldn't be covered and that was not including the 8 or more that were covered during the day on top of all the other departures. It's total BS that they could not make it. Watch the f'n weather channel or get here the day before. Reserves are to cover this bs? The weather over in Pittsburgh was horrible and some areas under a state of emergency. That being said EVERYONE that couldn't make it should get written up. The blockholders not being able to make it due to flight availability or weather is out of control now. I just did a three day trip with the FIRST leg of the trip delayed almost a whole hour due to TWO f/a's commuting in on Southwest. Try that as a rsv. It's OLD.

I don't know if you are on Lexapro or something but you seriously find NOTHING wrong with ANYTHING. Keeping an upbeat state of mind and trying to not let this company bother you is one thing but c'mon now. I didn't miss the point at all. You see it is said a lot that "it happens at other airines". Well so what. You find a hair in your food at a restaurant and complain. The waitress or manager tells you, "Well it happens at other restaurants". Do you give a $h!t that it happens elsewhere? This place is a clusterf@$k WITHOUT weather. Add it to the mix and it's disaster. Sure Usairways isn't responsible for weather but they CERTAINLY are responsible for how they HANDLE a passenger during a mess. WE CAN'T. Now that being said I will say that a HUGE, HUGE number of people couldn't commute for work yesterday. MAINLY int'l. There were at 6pm 8 int'l positions that couldn't be covered and that was not including the 8 or more that were covered during the day on top of all the other departures. It's total BS that they could not make it. Watch the f'n weather channel or get here the day before. Reserves are to cover this bs? The weather over in Pittsburgh was horrible and some areas under a state of emergency. That being said EVERYONE that couldn't make it should get written up. The blockholders not being able to make it due to flight availability or weather is out of control now. I just did a three day trip with the FIRST leg of the trip delayed almost a whole hour due to TWO f/a's commuting in on Southwest. Try that as a rsv. It's OLD.
No, contrary to popular belief, there are some of us that can still get through a trip without self medicating. Apparently, you are not one of them.

The delay was due to W-E-A-T-H-E-R. Simply stating that a family member of mine went through a nightmare situation on AA out of LGA yesterday. No more, no less. Nothing to do with the service/ operation levels at USAir whatsoever. I fully realize how bad things are in those arenas, and am equally as appalled as you.

Continue complaining, and might I suggest a med check for you?

Latest posts