Flyonthewall Doesn't Speak The Truth

Perry Hayes

Feb 3, 2004
The message below was sent to another member by flyonthewall.

First, I do not intend to be an anonymous person on here. In my opinion, that's how cowards operate. Cowards and those who want to instill fear in the employees.

Second, I am NOT in charge. I am the MEC President, but nothing will occur without a majority vote of the entire MEC. The line flight attendants are in charge and many that I hear from are sick to death of this mgmt team.

Picketting is an avenue that any labor union can use at any time to get a message across to the consumer. That can be done on a local level or on an airline level if deemed necessary by the majority of the MEC.

I just want to go on the record and suggest that flyonthewall no attempt to speak for me or suggest what I will or will not do.

It is a shame that actual names are not required on here. If so, I would imagine that half of the people on here would never post anything.

Perry Hayes

PORTION DELETED BY MODERATOR.

B.L.'S Comment:

It is extremely poor ettiquete to post on a public board a private email from one party to another. Moreover, it is technically a copyright infringement to do so.

Geezus Perry,

Ok. We know your not the boss. LOL... Thanks for making it crystal clear.

Whoa Mule! Correct me if I am way off here, but do you - PineyBob - access this bulletin board while you are working at your job ? I think we all know the answer. So, before you go throwing around supposed flight attendant sick call percentages think about how much time you spend posting on here at your employer's expense. Just calling it like I see it.

PineyBob said:
PITbull said:
Hmmm Bob,

Who may you be speaking about??????

:lol:
Oh I can think of 5 or 6 actually. If the Shoe fits Princess.
Hmmm....a real quandry here . A night on the town?...or stand by and watch this un-fold? :up:

Bob, Princess????......I can feel the love in the room already :D

..actually the night life in CLT needs me more than this exchange can hope to offer....you kids play nice !! I don't want to see Bloomberg raising the sword of gideon on you all while I'm away :p

Lord, what on earth is going on? I go to dinner and come back to this drama. Lets not air AFA dirty laundry all over the place. Perry is the AFA MEC Pres.
Welcome Perry :D

Let's not re-hash the sick thing....go back to the thread in Dec. if we want to do that.

Piney,

Why do you care about F/A sick time?

p.s.-I also visited the web site you have been promoting for awhile. I don't like it. I tend to prefer the Independents.

12% absenteeism by which employee group? Those issues would be discussed directly with mgmt and not a subject I would respond to in this type of forum.

Anything said here might be used against AFA by the Company.

:up: pineybob your right . I go on the web any time i want at work at home
anywhere and if my company said anything i would get up and tell them too bad
so sad and leave. US paid me for 28 years luckly I put half away in investments
so i dont have to take any crap from the next bunch of so called managers and business men,

Hi Bob,

If you're in ORD waiting for your flight, I hope it's on time.

Let me take a whack at the "sick" issue - from the pilot group perspective.

We've got 3279 active (working) pilots. Let's take your 3.4% national sick rate - no, let's take 3%. That's 98 and a fraction pilots that should be sick at any given moment. However, we also have 334 pilots out on medical disability. Adding those together gives us 432 pilots that are out at any given time. A little more math and you have 13.1% of pilots are out for medical reasons (sick) at any given time.

I know this seems high. You have to remember that by shrinking the airline, the younger pilots are no longer working. The number of pilots out on medical disability stays fairly constant. They just represent a larger portion of the smaller group.

Jim

Latest posts

Back