Flyonthewall Doesn't Speak The Truth

:cop:

OK guys we're getting a little out of control here tonight with the personal stuff. Maybe everyone needs a refresher on the rules. Check them out about flaming and slamming. Next misstep and its a time out for the abuser!
Scot

Pitbull,

[DELETED - THIS IS NOT AN ENGLISH CLASS - DO NOT CRITICIZE A PERSON'S GRAMMAR]

I agree, that all posters should be required to use a verifiable name when posting. It would make one think twice before spouting off with mis-information.

Boeing Boy, can you explain to us non flight crew memebers how the new acars software is taking money from your pockets? Curious, not fighting.

Hope,

Sure,

For as long as I've been in the airline (25 years) out time was the later of "doors closed" or "brakes off" and in time was "door open". New software uses aircraft motion (actually speed over the ground). That makes a minute or so difference on most legs. In addition, if the pushback isn't fast enough, an out time isn't triggered till start of taxi. That can be 5-6 minutes and happens on average a couple of times per 4 day trip.

Jim

Hope,

I should have added that I've heard that the Buses don't have as big a problem with it but don't know that for a fact. Maybe it uses "wheel spin" which is what the company says they're all supposed to do (and the 737's obviously aren't).

Jim

I did know the software changed, but didnt anyone besides the bean counters (how it effected pay) look at the big picture? Meaning, if this is the case our ON-TIME numbers will decrease putting us towards the bottom as far as on-time statistics. Personally I always felt the Crews should be paid PER FLIGHT not by the minutes flown. But that is a whole other dissusion.

Hope,

Could be - or maybe not.

Software actually changed at the end of '02. The ACARS (at least for all of last year) was keeping the old "out/in" times and the new ones, but displaying the new ones. After the pay started being messed up then, there was an uproar, and over the course of the year the times reported for pay got mostly straightened out.

Now, who knows. Maybe the old times are still being reported and used for "on time" reporting, but not for anything else?

Jim

WOW!! I opened this post that said "Replying to Flyonthewall Doesn't Speak The Truth" and with the exception of the first few posts and congratulations, it appears this post has become a "deja vu" or it's Groundhog Day.

Perry Hayes has been on here for the last month checking these posts out. I saw him on two nights ago and PM'd a friend to give him the heads up.

These board can be very intimidating and frustrating to follow, especially when some think they are ALWAYS right.

Interesting that after Perry posted, Piney Bob took over the whole post and rants on about sick calls.

I admire Perry Hayes for coming on board as his given name and understand that he may not want to post just for the sake of posting and hearing himself talk. With all due "respect" Piney Bob. :down:

marco90821 said:
Pitbull,

[DELETED - THIS IS NOT AN ENGLISH CLASS - DO NOT CRITICIZE A PERSON'S GRAMMAR]

I agree, that all posters should be required to use a verifiable name when posting. It would make one think twice before spouting off with mis-information.
Marco,

Run that by me again. What grammer? Are you citing that I was critisizing someone's grammer??? You have the wrong poster.

I am the worst when it comes to spelling, typing, grammer. I can type 90 words a minute, but can't spell worth a lick :lol:

What happened to the real topic? Why do the same people always play in every topic?

usflyboi, I don't always agree with some of the thingsyou post, but I am with you on this one. Let's go back to the topic and read again. This is really messed up. <_<

Latest posts

Back