Important Alpa Update

USA320Pilot said:
Dear Fellow Pilot:
[post="174233"][/post]​

Your decorum is implacable!

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=implacable

That issue aside, Polly’s update yesterday was perfectly suited to instigate ambushes of the MEC members today. And now you are trumping up the results of the planned attack. Trying to play people like a fiddle.

Pick a different tune. Your one note repertoire is not catching on.

Respectrully,

Phoenix

There was not one pilot in the peanut gallery at the MEC meeting today, not one, in support of the RC4/C4.

In regard to the ALPA message board, the ALPA communication committee no longer uses the board. There are no MEC updates, LEC updates, company news, code-a-phone messages, etc. The Committee has suspended all activity on the board because the RC4/C4 and their supporters post inaccurate information.

In fact, the PHL Reps have been warned twice on the code-a-phone and once at the June 18 MEC meeting for posting inaccurate or confidential information.

By the way, while in the lobby today the Pittsburgh Captain Rep told a group of pilots â€￾I have nothing to say to you.â€￾ Then about 6 other pilots came around and he started to ask each one of us if we were Pittsburgh pilots and that he would only talk to Pittsburgh pilots.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

and the issue is that Freshwater and the other three members of the RC4/C4, control the destiny of the entire pilot group.

Therefore, if they're going to exercise 24 "roll call" votes since March 1 and 5 since last week, then they need to be responsive to all of the pilot's and not ignore the tough questions, which I believe is cowardly.

When the MEC reconvenes expect fireworks.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Being part of any NC is not going to win you a popularity contest. It is by far a very tough job and when making a decision for thousands, it can be unbearable.

Sometimes you avoid confrontation, as it is the wisest move at that time. But, you still listen and take in what the membership is saying. Of course someone always comes up with the "your in bed with the company" line or "your being paid by the Union to shove this down our throats".

My main concern is the cuts the company wants to make prior to BK2 and then the added cuts they will want after BK2. Once they get a judge in the "back pocket" we will follow the same path as last time. For there is no honor among thieves...

USA320Pilot said:
and the issue is that Freshwater and the other three members of the RC4/C4, control the destiny of the entire pilot group.

Therefore, if they're going to exercise 24 "roll call" votes since March 1 and 5 since last week, then they need to be responsive to all of the pilot's and not ignore the tough questions, which I believe is cowardly.

When the MEC reconvenes expect fireworks.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="174281"][/post]​

and?

USA320Pilot said:
By the way, while in the lobby today the Pittsburgh Captain Rep told a group of pilots â€￾I have nothing to say to you.â€￾ Then about 6 other pilots came around and he started to ask each one of us if we were Pittsburgh pilots and that he would only talk to Pittsburgh pilots.

So under extreme pressure in intense negotiations with little time for relaxation, chit chat or bs'ing... the PIT rep wished to focus his limited time to answering questions or discussing the issues with those he represents.

Did he suggest that LGA pilots speak to their representative and express their concerns?

That's why they are called representatives. They represent their constituentcies.

Dilligas said:
So under extreme pressure in intense negotiations with little time for relaxation, chit chat or bs'ing... the PIT rep wished to focus his limited time to answering questions or discussing the issues with those he represents.

Did he suggest that LGA pilots speak to their representative and express their concerns?

That's why they are called representatives. They represent their constituentcies.
[post="174288"][/post]​

I think that sums it up. But the Chipster is upset because the guys from PA have more power then the guys from NYC and the Chipster only wants to deal with the powerful people of the world.

I sure hope the Chipster has a hack license pending because doing it his way or the highway can definately lead to the highway.

One last thought....When is the esteemed one due to fly again? Is he calling in sick or is he getting preferential treatment from management in getting personal days off? Just wondering...........

US Airways and ALPA met until 1:30 a.m. Significnat progress was made, but no TA was reached. The parties are going to meet again later today and the MEC is expected to reconvene its special meeting later today at the Keybridge Marriott.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

You are an amazing little man.

Just why do you think "significant" progress is being made? The PIT reps are doing PRECISELY what their constituents want them to do. They do not hold any allegiance to you, Pollock or ANY other pilot they do not represent.

You are once again in a panic mode in constant fear of the threats (real or perceived) this company has made and will continue to make as part of their negotiating strategy. And they count on fear and division to make it work. And on guys like you to panic at every turn.

The 4 men are about to produce a TA that is substantially better than the one you and your screaming mimi's wanted to put out for a vote just a few days ago. I imagine you will then blame them for having to downgrade. I can see it now:

"It's the PIT pilots fault." "They did it to me."

mr

Latest posts