? for you AA FSC

1 VF-1 2NV

Advanced
Mar 12, 2006
According to Article 12 attachment A, system surplus employees, I am assuming the workers who are being laid off, have first choice of ft/pt vacancies in any station that has the vacancies as long as they are senior to employees have recall rights. Is that correct? This is where I am confused. What is the definition of these so called "vacancies"? Also, I always thought recall employees ALWAYS get their FT/PT status from the station they were laid off? I know seniority rules, but are there exceptons?

For example, I will use the station of LAS. Hypothetically, lets say LAS will need 20 FT positions. There are 10 local PT employees there at LAS with FT recall rights to LAS. Also, there is a RIF going on at the same time systwm wide or at specific locations.

How will AA and the TWU fill those FT positions?

Will they recall all the LAS PT employees first who have recall rights to FT, then fill the remanimg with system surplus employees and transfers requests based on seniority?

Or do the sysytem surplus employees get first choice of the FT vacancies regardless if they are senior or junior to those who have FT recall rights based on seniority? I figure if you already have a job, then preferemce goes to those who get laid off.

Or do the sysytem surplus employees get first choice of the FT vacancies as long as they are senior to those who have FT recall rights based on seniority. Then fill the rest of the vacancies with recall rights, then sysytem surplus employees who are junior to the recall employees,then transfer requests based on seniority?

Or is there another way?

Also, an FSC clerk that is stationed at a 25% city (JFK, LAX, SFO, etc..) I'd like to know when and how the exTWA FSC got their 25% seniority.

Thanks.

According to Article 12 attachment A, system surplus employees, I am assuming the workers who are being laid off, have first choice of ft/pt vacancies in any station that has the vacancies as long as they are senior to employees have recall rights. Is that correct? This is where I am confused. What is the definition of these so called "vacancies"? Also, I always thought recall employees ALWAYS get their FT/PT status from the station they were laid off? I know seniority rules, but are there exceptons?

For example, I will use the station of LAS. Hypothetically, lets say LAS will need 20 FT positions. There are 10 local PT employees there at LAS with FT recall rights to LAS. Also, there is a RIF going on at the same time systwm wide or at specific locations.

Will they recall all the LAS PT employees first who have recall rights to FT, then fill the remanimg with system surplus employees and transfers requests based on seniority?

Or do the sysytem surplus employees get first choice of the FT vacancies regardless if they are senior or junior to those who have FT recall rights based on seniority? I figure if you already have a job, then preferemce goes to those who get laid off.

Or do the sysytem surplus employees get first choice of the FT vacancies as long as they are senior to those who have FT recall rights based on seniority. Then fill the rest of the vacancies with recall rights, then sysytem surplus employees who are junior to the recall employees,then transfer requests based on seniority?

Or is there another way?

Also, an FSC clerk that is stationed at a 25% city (JFK, LAX, SFO, etc..) I'd like to know when and how the exTWA FSC got their 25% seniority.

Thanks.
[/quote :mf_boff: ] :bleh:

<_< AA FSC--- Are you still with us? Or has some exTWA low life stoll your job??? :shock: The man wants your expert feedback!!! ;)

Or is there another way?

Thanks.

This RIF is very different from previous RIF's in that the company is adding Full-Time vacancies and Laying-Off Part-Time Employees. The guidelines of filling a Full-Time position are clearly defined in the article.

<_< AA FSC--- Are you still with us? Or has some exTWA low life stoll your job??? :shock: The man wants your expert feedback!!! ;)

Still with you, 15 Full-Time spots created In PHX and not 1 TWA recall. Seems like a conspiracy :shock: Only that the attachment was created in 1996. :up:

<_< AA-----What happened? Is that really you? Or an impersonAAtor? I hate to think of this board without your ville hatred for anything that was TWA!!!! :bleh: As for your protection, enjoy it while you can! It won't be arround long!

<_< AA-----What happened? Is that really you? Or an impersonAAtor? I hate to think of this board without your ville hatred for anything that was TWA!!!! :bleh: As for your protection, enjoy it while you can! It won't be arround long!
Don't worry, I am still here. Manuutd is NOT me. As for the title of the thread, I took it to be directed to any AA fleetservice clerk and not me in particular. As for my answer to his question, truthfully, I don't know the answer and I can't find my contract book. There always seems to be questions of this type when there is a reduction in force. I am safe with 16 years in MIA so I am not worried about a reduction in force. So I have not been paying a lot of attention to it. Why do you say that my protection won't be around long?