Former CCY Who do you wish was back?

I know many of you U employees have been with US Airways for 20 plus years. My question to you is there anyone from former CCY that you wish was back? Who ran the airline well? Or a person in upper management that you liked?

I know that many of you hated most management in CCY. Is there anyone that did good by it's employees?

PITBULL and some others who post here who have been with U for many years....would be interesting to hear your thoughts on this.

I know many of you U employees have been with US Airways for 20 plus years. My question to you is there anyone from former CCY that you wish was back? Who ran the airline well? Or a person in upper management that you liked?

I know that many of you hated most management in CCY. Is there anyone that did good by it's employees?

PITBULL and some others who post here who have been with U for many years....would be interesting to hear your thoughts on this.

Sherry Groff, Cheryl Lendvay from CCY. Deb Hoke from MAA. Three completely different managing styles, but all three were knowledgeable and inspiring!

Dick James, planning veep, and the real genius behind PI's 1980's expansion.

When DAY was announced as a hub, CEO Howard said if it flys, it was my idea. If it doesn't, it was Dick's.

DAY and surrounding region was deep inside the Reagan recession. In the Sunday paper, want-ads were often restricted to a page and a half. So to base a hub there seemed foolhardy.

I once corresponded with James and told him I appreciated what he had done. He responded very cordially, and I wish the gentleman well.

US made a huge error not retaining his talents, but they couldn't wait to get rid of all things PI asap. I understand Malin had a personal h*&d-on for PI.

Deborah Thompson hired me in 1994 and we spent many days and nights working in the consumer affairs department. Deborah was an inspiration and an increbile role model. I was saddened to hear that she has left the company.

Sherry Groff, Cheryl Lendvay from CCY. Deb Hoke from MAA. Three completely different managing styles, but all three were knowledgeable and inspiring!
Deb Hoke hired me at Allegheny Commuter, and Sherry Hendry Groff hired me when I decided to come over to mainline. Sherry was base manager in CLT at the time and I did my last 2 interviews with her.
Both women were very professional and in my opinion great inflight managers.

Deb Hoke hired me at Allegheny Commuter, and Sherry Hendry Groff hired me when I decided to come over to mainline. Sherry was base manager in CLT at the time and I did my last 2 interviews with her.

Deb Hoke is now Director of Inflight at PSA, still within the group. It's good to hear the positive comments.

Thank God They are BOTH GONE!!! :up:

Deborah Thompson- Your Turn was the best!

Deb Hoke- very professional. Treats F/As with respect and fairness. Glad to hear she is at PSA.

Definately will have to go with Deborah Thompson. Although many FF's and employees didn't like our old management and for good reason they DID seem to answer questions and were a bit more mindfull of our important FF's. At least more so than our "interim" management. You don't honestly think they will ALL stay with a merger now do you? :lol: Again, definately Deborah. What a gal.