Former TWAer''s sue...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a joke......first the Bond amendment now this. These people will stop at nothing to gain sympathy for themselves. You don't see AA'ers sueing the company because they are getting laid off. Last one in first one out. And your 30 yrs at TWA don't mean [edited] to me. Just like those of us from EA, PA and BN.

It may not mean anything to you but it does to me. EA, PA, BN, completely ceased operations. NOT TWA, they were bought, acquired or whatever you want to call it by AA and the employees were part of the DEAL!!

Another blatently biased piece of intentional propaganda. I didn't realize that ALL TWA pilots were put on the bottom of the seniority list. TWA's mouthpiece, Mr. Heaster also fails to mention how much of TWA so-called "value" and how many of its aircraft have been dumped and how much more is likely to be dumped in the future.

sherry cooper: We will have lost nearly half of our work force since October," she said. "Less than 2 percent of American's flight attendants have been laid off. That's not proportionate."
Fact is AA has laid off or offered leaves to 833 former TW flight attendants. 3,200 are currently active former TW. Doesn't add up to over half your work force Ms Cooper.

----------------
On 8/27/2002 7:19:33 PM

sherry cooper: We will have lost nearly half of our work force since October," she said. "Less than 2 percent of American's flight attendants have been laid off. That's not proportionate."
Fact is AA has laid off or offered leaves to 833 former TW flight attendants. 3,200 are currently active former TW. Doesn't add up to over half your work force Ms Cooper.
----------------
Minus the 970 that just got furlough notices yesterday and today. That means furlough notices back to October, 1984 seniority. When there were 4200 LLC flight attendants at the time of the purchase and it's down to just over 2200...do your math, Mikey. That means nearly half of us are gone.

----------------
On 8/27/2002 10:10:13 PM

The point was Ms. Cooper is trying to exaggerate the point for the media. more than half your flight attendants are not on layoff. Only 833, of that a number are on leave not layoff. Yes the layoff notice's went out. That doesn't mean that someone will actually be laid off. We will have to wait and see the out come of Article 16 leaves and Appendix F partnership flying.
----------------
Mikey...you don't know what you are talking about. All of the overage leaves from last October came back in April or May.

----------------
Minus the 970 that just got furlough notices yesterday and today. That means furlough notices back to October, 1984 seniority. When there were 4200 LLC flight attendants at the time of the purchase and it's down to just over 2200...do your math, Mikey. That means nearly half of us are gone.
----------------

Not quite true Onceoza. I know emotions are running high with the furlough notices, however, read your new contract (if you are are member of APFA you should have a contract, if not, it would be a good idea to join so you know your rights). Furlough notices are part of the process. More than likely, NONE of your group will be furloughed. In fact it's a good possibility 159 of your most senior furloughed people may be coming back. Since last September we had 2700+ take the first Overage Leave and the second one we had 1900+ volunteers to fill 400 slots. So as you can see we are very good at taking care of our own (and YES you are ours now). The ones that will suffer the most with this furough will be the 159 AAer's that came back in April that are junior to ALL TWAer's that will be furloughed for a second time in one year. So before you let rumor ruin your day, know the facts. I just hope with time the bitterness will end. Looking forward to working with ALL AAer's again in the near future. Take care.

The point was Ms. Cooper is trying to exaggerate the point for the media. more than half your flight attendants are not on layoff. Only 833, of that a number are on leave not layoff. Yes the layoff notice's went out. That doesn't mean that someone will actually be laid off. We will have to wait and see the out come of Article 16 leaves and Appendix F partnership flying.

----------------
On 8/27/2002 10:34:03 PM

OK, I have no idea what I am talking about. Yet no comment on Ms Coopers idea that 833 of 4033 makes up 1/2 of your work force. Please spare us your dramatics.
----------------

How about 833 plus the 970 newest recipients of furlough notices. Subtract 1803 from 4033 and that leaves you with 2230. One half of 4033 is 2017. I'd say that saying nearly 1/2 of the LLC flight attendants are gone is pretty accurate. Maybe you should take a math refresher.

----------------
On 8/27/2002 10:13:55 PM

Only 2200 are eligible in STL to take leaves. It is highly unlikely that there will be enough to take care of the 970 dedicated employees that will soon be out of work.
----------------

Onceoza,
You are not getting the BIG picture. The Overage Leaves will come from the ENTIRE system. Then they redo the system of flying for ALL bases. After all is said and done, many bases will be flying routes they weren't flying before or will be flying less. The first time this happened, YES the STL base was on their own because they were LLC. NOW we are all one on October 1st, so things will be different. If you don't understand keep asking questions. I'm VERY patient.[;)]

What about the flight attendants that took a voluntary furlough over transfering to STL when JFK was closed? Are they part of the 833? Have any of them returned to the line? If one had opted not to transfer to STL, were they indefinitely out of work, or did they have the option to come back, bumping someone junior?

Status
Not open for further replies.